It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much Blood is on Your Hands? See how you score!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Omphale

I appreciate your detailed response, and I DO hesitate to differ because I truly am not infallible.
However, there is a slight flaw in your reasoning that does not allow you to fall below a 0.
For one, there is nothing on the scale below 0. All of the reasons you cite can be added to the category of 0, but you can have nothing LESS than 0 blood on your hands.
The fact that you go out of your way to make sure you do not further the cause of exploitation and violence in any way possible is commendable. Once you know a product is tainted, you must not buy it. However, you cannot fault those that have not yet come to realize how they may be empowering those that care little for human life.
They are, in fact, innocent in their ignorance. At least, that is what I think Jesus would say.
0 is a very good score. Congratulations.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
They are, in fact, innocent in their ignorance.

No, I think you will find ignorance, according to law, is no defence.

A precedence that was set by the Nuremberg war trial.

I stand by that law, and support it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Omphale

Ignorance, for example, should not be mistaken for:

Laziness

Inactivity

Lack of care

Being too busy...

Ignorance in an innocent sense, is someone who is kept closeted, from whom information is witheld from to prevent them from knowing the real situation...not someone with access to the world's media....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
And I think you would find that Jesus would only say it was okay if they stopped doing it right away, and...you know...repented...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Seems to me that with all the wars going on in the world if you don't have some blood on your hands than you stand for nothing...except denouncing those that do.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Omphale

Well, we can differ, it is okay. Ignorance of a crime committed with your dime is no cause for prosecution, in my view.
As for the Nuremberg trials, there were many crimes that were not prosecuted, and many other innocent folks that were prosecuted. Justice is not only blind, but hopelessly incompetent.
Jesus basically advised people to pay their taxes, so in my own scale he had some blood on his hands. I hope his father isn't too harsh with me.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bruwin

So,
If you don't support some war, somewhere, you don't have a cause?
Give it some thought, and then come back, okay? Maybe check out the scale and see where you fit in?
No guilty consciences allowed, unless you want to repent.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
OP- You cannot make a simply zero to five scale or however many there were, and base all scores on the military or paying taxes alone. I bet...oh forget it. It isn't worth the time or frustation explaining, because you wouldn't even listen. I'm trying to live a better life through actions and helping others. I am certain that you would be hard pressed to find a person who knows me in real life vice cyber life that has something bad to say about me, and according to you I have so much blood on my hands it drips in my daughters face when I feed her bottle to her. Your post is prejudice/bigotry/stereotyping in its most quintessential form.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruwin
Seems to me that with all the wars going on in the world if you don't have some blood on your hands than you stand for nothing...except denouncing those that do.

If NATO was employed for the purpose it was supposedly set up for, I would not have a problem supporting it's operations.

If the UK, of which I am a citizen, did not engage and support illegal military operations that contravened the United Nations Bill of Human Rights, I would not have a problem paying income taxes.

If either body upheld the laws and rights that they are charged with preserving, and did so with equality, and without the interests of coporations being allowed to lobby for influence in such operational decision making, none of this would even be an issue though.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessRage

You need not get angry with me. I am not your judge.
Good people can have blood on their hands. Good people often try to make themselves better.
It is up to each of us to judge ourselves, in a society that rewards the most corrupt and immoral amongst us.
I believe it is possible to cleanse your conscience if you have done bad things. I also believe it is not always possible even if you try.
If you have a clean conscience, then hold your baby proudly. If not, try to raise your baby to be a better person than you.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Basically this old world order is one big machine, fully greased and filled with many well oiled cogs (us) leading this world into one big world war to usher in the NWO.

If we don't fit in and keep turning (paying taxes, buying merchandise, paying bills) the system will either crush us or permanently remove us from this war machine.

Only faith in Jesus Christ can remove the blood on all of our hands.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
As for the Nuremberg trials, there were many crimes that were not prosecuted, and many other innocent folks that were prosecuted. Justice is not only blind, but hopelessly incompetent.

No it is the people charged to uphold it that are incompetent. And the hyprocrits who believe that there are grey areas that apply to them alone, until that grey area is committed against them. In the instance of Nuremberg Trial, the US prosecution, against all the other national counsels, insisted that ignorance not be allowed as a point of defence. The US also insisted that an individual soldier was responsible for the orders that he carried out, not the person who gave the order. That remains international law. If a soldier, who is probably less likely to have to hand all the fact is guilty, shouldn't the tax payer also bear their brunt of the responsibility...? That is what the Allies insisted Germany do, not once, but twice?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
-1 : I work overtime trying to wake people up to the truth, donning ridicule and personal insults like they are badges of honor. So much so I have no job thus no income to be taxed to the war machine. Full blooded peace monger. Alpha/Omega unit.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baldryck

I wouldn't exactly say it was 'cool', but it's your life and you have lived it as you have chosen. If you're happy with those choices, then I am happy for you. I know that there are 'bad guys' and that on occasion, given the world that we live in, someone has to do the dirty job and I am sorry if that had to be you. If those people were more valued for their clinicism and professionalism (given the correct leadership), then there would perhaps be less gung ho spirit and this deluded belief that there is any glory, let alone justification in the murder of unarmed civilians.

And it should not be forgotten, that there are a great number of military units that retain the high degree of discipline and professional ingegrity to go into even the most hostile environment and win over hearts and minds with the minimum of bloodshed. I do not begrudge them their wages or their career choice, my argument is entirely with their paymasters.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I would think supporting the GOP or DNC should be good for a few pints, er points.. lol

Second line

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
OVER 9000!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Omphale

Well, since justice is administered by people, I maintain that it is a hopelessly flawed ideal.
As for Germany, the German people suffered enormously for the crimes committed by their Fuhrer and his accomplices, in whatever country they resided, regardless of their complicity. The suffered, and died in the tens of millions, because they were GERMAN.
Anyway, that is off topic. Thanks for the comments.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

That gets you at the very minimum a 1.
Easy to clean the blood stain. Just opt out. Or vote for Ron Paul. (I had to take the opportunity to plug my man, Paul)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

The highest is 5.
That would be an inhuman, blood drinking stain on humankind.
Surely the Wizard can do better than that?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join