It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the logic behind celebrating a New Year?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
That is what's wrong with the US mentality.... year after year of FAILS.

Why wait a year when you could have been doing what needs to be done everyday to improve upon one's self?

PROCRASTINATION=FAILS

"Just wait until next year..."

Why?

A new year for a new FAIL!

To hell with a bandwagon...I like rolling in my turbo coupe!
edit on 31-12-2011 by maestromason because: *addition

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777

Originally posted by maestromason

Originally posted by Destinyone

I do not celebrate birthdays, holidays or New Years. Just my choice. There is no logic behind celebrating a New Year. What has been done cannot be undone and what will come to pass will eventually do so. Just another waste of time and energy and AN EXCUSE to get loaded and to go HAM.

NO LOGIC, just plain FOOLERY!

Are you my ex-husband????????

I certainly hope not! For I do not believe in marriage either! Human beings are not monogamous like love birds...it is not in man's nature to be just with one woman. Man is polygamous in nature...one man... many women!

Another year is just another year! Nothing more and nothing less!
edit on 31-12-2011 by maestromason because: *addition

This is true. I just wrote an essay with 10 logical reasons why marriage doesn't make sense and is detrimental. Check it out here:

10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

Let me know what you think.

WWu777,

I do not want to hijack your thread here... but after reading your article on HappierAbroad.com your logic is as solid and proven as mathematics.

Bravo sir for writing an excellent piece!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Because it's FUN, and it's a chance to reflect and possibly make things better than they were last year. No need to analyze that.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by WWu777

Because it's FUN, and it's a chance to reflect and possibly make things better than they were last year. No need to analyze that.

Spoken like a true Bandwagoner.

I could analyze well over one-thousand reasons for why celebrating a New Year is futile...including but not limited to the wasteful act of firing off ammunition while not in fear of your life.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I could not help myself I had to let loose with the fully AR-15!

HAPPY 2012 NEW YEAR ALL!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

...and AHHH I SEE! ....and you will never be anyone's ENGLISH teacher...even if YOU WANTED to be!

I see why your hubby took flight...I don't like ignorant women either....
...just saying...

Wow, this thread got b*tchy, quickly. And supposedly you're the man? Ha.

I like ritualized party events. Everyone gets together at the same time of year, each year and gets pissy ass wasted. What's not to like? Besides yknow drinking kills you and last night I blacked out and peed on my aunt's chaise... Whoops.

But who's the one having more fun here? The bitchy stickler sitting alone in a corner with an assault rifle?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

Spoken like a true Bandwagoner.

Why do you say that? You asked a question and I answered it, What others say has no bearing on what I say. That's why I celebrate it. My opinions are my own.....if it happens to be the same as someone else, so be it. That doesn't make me a "bandwagoner".

ETA: Happy New Year to you anyway

edit on 1/2/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join