It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of great sci-fi shows

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
LOL thanx for the link smadewell!!! so thats what it looked like in colour which we did`nt have,the girls still look hot even though i though they were blonde lol cheer`s smadewell that made my day
My pleasure.... And I do mean pleasure! Nudge-nudge-wink-wink....

Taking them off or putting them on, Lt. Ellis?

[edit on 20-6-2005 by smadewell]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
1. Doctor Who with Chritopher Eccelston, Tom Baker, Jon Pertwee & Peter Davidson
2. Farscape
3. Stargate SG1
4. Star Trek The Next Generation
5. Star Wars Clone Wars Episodes 1 & 2
6. Animatrix
7. Star Trek DS9 during the Dominion War(I would have this up higher but since that was the only good story arc in that series it doesn't deserve a higher place)
8. V
9. Earth Final Conflict
10. Last 2 Seasons of Andromeda

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
This ones for the older folk lol i`m 99% sure the show was called UFO.i`m not sure if it was British or American and it was on about 30-35 years ago,i would have been 5-8 years old and i thought it was the best.Also i fell in love with all the futuristic plantinum blonde girls on the show,i think that was the first time i realised i was male lol.

does anyone remember?

Talking about older sci-fi shows, does anyone remember The Invaders ?
This was a great show that aired back in the late 60's and only ran about
2 seasons but was really a classic. It starred Roy Thinnes as architect David Vincent who stumbles onto a plot by aliens to invade and conquer earth. It is actually out on DVD now (all 43 episodes).

www.theinvaders.co.uk...

...And just a question, why did no one mention X-FILES? MAybe the greatest sci-fi show ever?

[edit on 6/20/2005 by lightseeker]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What do you mean, "maybe the best sci-fi show ever"? It IS the best sci-fi show ever!

Long live X-Files!

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
"V"
The Day The Earth Stood Still
Forbidden Planet
ET
Space Cadets
Saturn 3
Spaceballs
Time Cop
The Black Hole
My Mother Was An Alien
Andromeda (the movie, not the TV series)

[edit on 25-6-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
"V"
The Day The Earth Stood Still
Forbidden Planet
ET
Space Cadets
Saturn 3
Spaceballs
Time Cop
The Black Hole
My Mother Was An Alien
Andromeda (the movie, not the TV series)

We were actually listing TV series but since you mentioned it: your first three choices are right on; Forbidden Planet and The Earth stood Still are two of my all time favorites but "Spaceballs"? Puhleeze! and Saturn 3?
IMHO the worst sci-fi movie ever made...and I think the title of number 10 on your list is actually "My Stepmother is an alien" although you could be talking about an entirely differn\ent movie that I have never heard of.
BTW why didn't Close Encounters of the Third Kind or Star Wars make your list?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here are good shows:

Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Star Trek Voyager
The X files

Here are very, very, very bad and terrible shows:

Farscape
Star Trek DS9
Star Trek Enterprise (Excluding the theme song)
Star Trek TNG
All the other Star Treks except for Star Trek Voyager
Andromeda
Power Rangers
BattleStar Gallactica
Every Star Wars!!! ( If you think about it theyre all about politics!)

Now Bring on the Flamers!!!!

[edit on 2/7/05 by Atomix]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Here are good shows: Star Trek Voyager

Here are very, very, very bad and terrible shows:

Star Trek DS9
Star Trek Enterprise (Excluding the theme song)
Star Trek TNG
All the other Star Treks except for Star Trek Voyager

Now Bring on the Flamers!!!!

If that's what you want! Your wish is my command!
LOL! Voyager? Seriously? That was the suckiest of all the Treks, IMO. Neelix alone made the show unwatchable ... never mind Capt Myway-or-the-highway and her truck stop waitress voice. Further, they used the old "ThuderCats/G-Force/Power Rangers/Variations Thereof" formula for their main characters:

- One good guy altruistic leader type.
- One super kid who has a lot to learn.
- One good boy/bad boy/pretty boy.
- One odd-man out that's heavy on the strong-n-silent angle, who typically hangs with and/or mentors the super kid.
- One buxom super chic with a body to die for.
- One goofball alien/creature/robot pet for comic relief that's more pathetic than comedic.
- One Great Guide/Spirit/Overseer to move them all to greatness and/or bring them all together in battle.
- One super computer that informs, annoys and gets them out of scraps, but lets 'em do 95% of the dirty work.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Voyager was the best Star Trek ever!!!! Hell of a lot better storylines tha the rest! Captain Picard, Archer and the DS9 guy couldn't hold a candle to Janeway!!! Voyager was the best ever!! Accept it!

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by smadewell

- One buxom super chic with a body to die for.

Thats True as you can see. wink wink

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Some more pics!!!

Its simply the best!!! Deep space nine? THeres a reason its in Deep Space, Nobody on Earth wants it.

EDIT: the pics were too big so i deleted them. The next generation, Ha!

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtomixCaptain Picard, Archer and the DS9 guy couldn't hold a candle to Janeway!!!
Who'd want to hold a candle next to her!? Yuck! Keep her in the dark!

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Not a Sci-Fi action, but rather comedy, but IMO one of the best ones out there. Red Dwarf.

UFO is great, now on DVD. Renting the series from Netflix. Great place to get series stuff.

Love Stargate SG-1. Not so fond of Atlantis. Just seems to be missing the "spark."

Anyone like the very short-lived "Firefly"? I wasn't a fan of it (tried to like it, loved Buffy and Angel). I hear there is the movie Firefly coming out soon.

And of course, the X-Files. Not futuristic, but interesting sci-fi stuff.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Oh, and I forgot Kolchak, the Nightstalker....

Great show and BTW they are bringing out a new version of the series this year. Unfortunatey, w/o Darrin McGavin, although he's way too old now anyway.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Tales from the Darkside
Pokemon (gotta love pikachu)
UFO
and of course the best treatment of this work in any medium:

Starship Toopers (animated series)
live forever apes!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
1. Night Stalker (figgers gazrock would say it first)
Daryn McGavin's voice-overs MADE the show. Creep-o-rific.

2. U.F.O. (THAT was cool series; and now I know who on this board is as old as I am!!!!)

3. "Land of the Lost."
All Frau Dr. has to do to freak me out is make a sleestack hissing noise behind me in a darkened house . . . sure it was a cheesy kid-show. But then, I was a cheesy kid, back in the 70's.

4. X Files.

5. Star Trek
The O.G. of futurism on TV. And the space opera. No one would remember it if it wasn't the cardboard cutouts that Roddenberry lifted from Wagner's works.

6. Outer Limits
Some of them, even the newer ones, are incredible. There are four or five episodes done around 2000 that still stick in my head. On the other hand, the Original twilight zone had some LAME productions, even in their first couple of seasons. I mean, painful to watch.

7. Dark Shadows
Intense supernatural soap opera. but there's something about a chick in a polyester pantsuit, as long as her hair is shellacked up in a bouffant, and she's got fangs . . .

8. Lost in Space.
Cornball. About like "Space 1999" or the OS Star Trek.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The X Files

Absolutely the best.

Of course, I love Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Farscape, Earth: Final Confict, Seaquest!! (who remembers that one?) and all the other awsome sci-fi shows, but the X Files is just ....

Oh yeah, I also liked that other Chris Carter series, Millenium. Anyone remember that?
It was so good and so dark, very very dark show. Shame it only lasted for 3 seasons.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The all time best sci fi tv show is and always will be doctor who
You got the TARDIS , daleks,cybermen eveything you could want
and they've started a new series absolutely fantastic
star trek the next generation is also good i like Data
and Hitchikers guide to the galaxy

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Not forgetting Blake 7.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There's only one answer for the number 1 show. Anyone who's watched good Doctor Who knows that no other show can touch the imaginative storytelling or the sheer scope! Anyway, here's my list:

1. Doctor Who
2. Babylon 5
3. Firefly
4. The X-Files
5. Star Trek: TOS
6. Star Trek: DS9
7. Quantum Leap
8. Battlestar Gallactica
9. Max Headroom
10. Dark Angel

Ok, so Dark Angel actually sucks, but Jessica Alba's Emmy nominated rear end is featured prominently in every episode. That alone gets it ranked higher than Earth2, Space Above and Beyond, or any Sci-Fi channel Starscape show.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join