It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share a close encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It was some time ago now and I was living on a house boat in London. I saw off in a distance a strange anomaly in my sight. I have ADD so reacting to things before I know what they are is nothing new to me. However 2nd and 3rd glance had not debunked this thing in the air about 20 feet high and about 50 ahead of me on the moor.

At first I assumed it was a remote control UFO toy you buy at your average geek toy store but no. This looked heavy and solid and it was not spinning at all. It was like it was repelling negative Ions to keep itself up. It was think and round and looked like a giant mother of pearl in the shape of an old war helmet but solid through, Immediately I ran in to get a friend to confirm. They came out and sure enough, if this was a delusion or a hallucination it was a shared one. Then I thought this has to be a UAV or a drone, yeah, thats what it is. There is an army barracks near by maybe its go lost. As it came toward us and stopped dead about 10 feet away from us (on the land) it just hung.

I mean in mid air, no movement no sound no hovering nothing. It was as if it paused in time for about 5 minutes. I thought to myself bravo the military have come a long way, this is the # man, this really rocks. Then it started ascending, I mean rapidly ascending, I had never seen anything like it in my life, if it descending it would be terminal velocity (guessing the mass of the object to be around 55lbs). It ascended to around 30,000 feet before I could even comprehend before finally turning to a dot then I ran to my telescope at the stern of the boat and there was a flash of light as it exited the Kármán line.

To this day I have no idea what it was. But I can tell you for one thing. No technology I know of can be the size of a football, have no antenna , float without moving at all,and leave the planet in range of what was controlling it. Except maybe cassini huygens and that's was approximately 7.2 billion miles away orbiting Saturn's largest moon.

It freaked the hell outa me.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Xwant2believeX because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2011 by Xwant2believeX because: Spelling Errors

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...it will be great when you can post threads and we can further discuss your experiences

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xwant2believeX
It was like it was repelling negative Ions to keep itself up.

Welcome X. Interesting story there.

Can you elaborate on the ion statement please? Did you sense/perceive an emission of some sort?
edit on 30/12/11 by Schlotzkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
welcome to ATS..

Have to ask though, if you were living on a houseboat in the bright city of London.. Your not going to be doing much star gazing. so, What was the telescope really for?

As for your experience, it sounds bizarre. How can you be sure it travelled to 30,000 feet? And the ion statement?

And no offence and dont mean to be rude but have to ask.. Some of the type of people that live on houseboats in London are also new age types that like to dabble in mind altering substances.. Not sure if you fall in to this category but were you straight at the time?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well I Don't know for sure if it was Ion but it seamed to have no visible signs of lift or propulsion. I wasn't even hovering, you know like a jump jet wobbles side to side to correct itself. Nothing. Just dead in the air.

On the outer parts of London there is less light pollution. Also there aren't many boats in the center of London.

It seamed to have absolutely no power signs at all. Not thrust wobble, no signs of thrust at all, Imagine light a magic carpet/rug.

When I say 30,000 feet I estimate as it was about the same hight as a plane.

edit on 30-12-2011 by Xwant2believeX because: Addendum.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
so wow. did you do the introductions things yet?
better do it or this will be pulled quick.
how in the world do you look through a telescope on a boat?
what is a Kármán line?
nice story.
only 55 pounds? that's a bag of grain.
sorry, we're a bit skeptic around here.
Welcome, by the way.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xwant2believeX

On the outer parts of London there is less light pollution. Also there aren't many boats in the center of London.

Every part of London has alot light pollution..

Anyway that's not the point.. I have read many reports similar to what your describing about small orbs.. Explanations ive seen generally fall between the category extra terrestrial objects and Military projects.. Depending on which way the person is leaning in regards to the UFO phenomenon.

You say there was a military base close by... Do you know what type of base it was?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I think its just a barracks but civilians aren't allowed anywhere near. There is an RC cars fan group that meet in the park from time to time and they also work on 2.4 GHz Transceivers and they have diverted them a few time and they look as you would expect (like a drone), but this looked nothing like a drone, I guess yess you could say its was like an orb.

Also whats the protocol for introduction.

Hi Im male and from the UK, currently living in Tokyo for work in IT. I read comic books, work 1 day a week at a local collage teaching IT and I am a major skeptic, I even criticize my own theories.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think this was originally in the intro forum, but it seems a MOD moved it to the Grey Area...I think. At least when I did the Welcome Wagon post it was in introductions.

I'm glad if it did get moved....good story.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Interesting story, so you say that you were in London, but the sighting was "about 50 ahead of me on the moor."
What part of London were you in?
I didn't know such a built up city even had moors anymore

new topics

top topics

join