It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Paranoia of Spirituality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Dear friends and family of ATS,

I would like to touch on the subject of "paranoia" when deciding to venture on a "spiritual quest or path" in your life.

The reason for this is that it is an experience i am all too familiar with myself and a journey from which i have emerged a lot more happier, content, at peace, humbled and fulfilled from.

When i first got into the spiritual nature of my life i was a young man around 17 or 18 years of age and well i was thrown into the deep end of "the abyss" when a good friend introduced me to William Coopers Behold a Pale Horse..

Having already been quite the curious mind when it came to discovering the secrets of the universe and having a deep thirst for knowledge around all things religious and spiritual, getting into this book was somewhat overwhelming.

It's rather dark subject matter on topics to do with Secret Brotherhoods, Satanism, Luciferian Cults, UFOs and the like took my mind into a new dimension of thought and consideration and since then my initial overwhelming fears have become a lot more digestible and easy to deal with.

I have immersed myself in books and articles, films and music and other forms of media around these topics for almost 20 years now.. I would not say my knowledge or wisdom is substantial compered to academics or scholars on the topic but i am able to know or work out what people are talking about or where they are coming from when spiritual subjects crop up.

Having said this i want to address one particular area which i know many students learning about the spiritual world come across and have a hard time accepting.

Is spirituality and enlightenment actually a tool from Lucifer used to misguide us from devotion to and from the receiving of the grace of god?

The question may throw some of you off at first as not many of us equate Lucifer or the devil with spirituality or enlightenment however the deeper you venture into the occult the more you see links between the two.

Many occultists are familiar with the concept of en-light-enment or receiving the light to have originated with the power of Lucifer or the Light-Bringer or Bringer of Light.

This is why many occultists worship Lucifer for they believe it is he that brought humanity out of the dark ages and the perceived negative influence of religion on the people. Many occultists believe Lucifer brought them Intellect, Intelligence, Wisdom, The Arts, Music, Science, Philosophy and so on and as a result liberated their minds to think for themselves and in fact become their own masters.

Many Secret Societies practice the same paths as what are allegorically manifest from the Kabbalah or Tree of Life. In fact the systems used by initiates in Freemasonry and many other Secret Societies are simply taken from the Tree of Life itself..

In the same way a devout of Buddhism or Hinduism would take many many years to study the Chakras which are mapped out on The Tree of Life and meditate to learn its secrets of attaining enlightenment so to do Secret Societies. However the difference is The Ancient Mystery Schools of Wisdom and Thought are a more direct and rapid pathway to attaining this enlightenment.

Once the secret of Secret Societies is demystified it is quite simple to overstand. This is not a deep revelation that one can be persecuted for revealing.. in fact it is common knowledge and made readily available to us by one 33rd Degree Master Freemasons himself.. in The Morals and Dogma of Freemasonry by Albert Pike. I am also sure many others have written and discussed at length the same associations.

So the question is, if Lucifer is so heavily linked to Secret Societies, to Enlightenment and to Occultism and New Ageism.. isn’t spirituality in fact from Lucifer and to be avoided...?

It is well worth the deliberation, something i struggled to come to terms with for many years..

What i can say now however, is that i no longer am tormented by these thoughts, i no longer seek answers, i am no longer haunted by the fear of the unknown as i once was.

I found my peace, my balance, my love and compassion and my connectedness with all living things and all life and i have a profound respect and appreciation for it all. God, be it nature, the life force, Allah, Krishna, Buddha, Jah or any other god for that matter are all representations of the beauty and miracle of what we call life and existence. The world in which we live is a bountiful paradise of provisions and sustenance and you are free to call the provider by which ever name you wish to.. that energy is non discriminatory and non judgemental..

So going back to the question is spirituality good or bad? I would say it is ultimately good...

The path can appear to be very scary and sometimes overwhelming and it could take you an eon to emerge from but if you are sincere of heart and you humble yourself to life then you will see the light at the end of the tunnel and you will have gained enough knowledge and wisdom to teach you undoubtedly that spiritualty is a gift from god.

Although venturing into spirituality and especially its more darker natured form of occultism it is easy to grow fearful and paranoid, however there is very little be fearful or paranoid of..

You only need ask yourself.. is what I am learning and applying to my life making me a better person, is seeking after knowledge and wisdom in order to find peace and balance and more importantly true love a bad thing?

I think spiritual growth is one of the most important things a student of life should contemplate and if it were introduced in all education systems around the world we would have a much more conscious, self-aware and respectful society…

A gift of love and peace to all humanity.

Peace and Love always.

edit on 30-12-2011 by Oxygenation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I was taught in catholic school from the start to the end....we are taught that our faith (catholic) is the only valid one for saving our souls....we are taught we should preach the word of our god....we are taught it is not something personal....the world will be judged....and if all the world is not saved we are taught their sins will weigh against our judgement

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think you are mistaking conspiracy theories with genuine spirituality. I cannot see how spirituality - which emphasises the journey to the true self has anything to do with the average conspiracy topics.

Conspiracy tyheories will damage your sanity if you take them seriouslt. Even John Keele noticed this.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
I was taught in catholic school from the start to the end....we are taught that our faith (catholic) is the only valid one for saving our souls....we are taught we should preach the word of our god....we are taught it is not something personal....the world will be judged....and if all the world is not saved we are taught their sins will weigh against our judgement

Indeed and I am from the School of the Open Minded.. I have a deep respect and appreciation for all followers of faith, be it Catholic or other..

I find these people are aiming to become better and more loving people..trying to receive god into their lives is never a bad action..it simply means you want to recieve and give love.

I take what i can from each religion i learn about and apply the things i learn which benefit me to my life. If they help me grow spiritually and help me understand the world around me more lovingly and compassionatly then there is no reason for me to not apply it in becoming a better person.

When subjects arise that cause conflict or heated words and emotions i simply move away from it. I still maintain a healthy respect for it but i approach the matter internally at a later time.

In saying that, i hope whichever faith you belong to if you still do, brings you happiness and love.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Oxygenation

Believe in Jesus and accepting his as Lord and Savior is a good thing, just don't fall into religion. If anyone ever tells you youre going to hell if you don't go to church, theyre heading there themselves. Jesus never authorized us to partake of religion, he was against it himself.
edit on 30-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
I think you are mistaking conspiracy theories with genuine spirituality. I cannot see how spirituality - which emphasises the journey to the true self has anything to do with the average conspiracy topics.

Conspiracy tyheories will damage your sanity if you take them seriouslt. Even John Keele noticed this.

I understand where you are coming from believe me.

In my quest for truth and meaning, for balance and peace.. i learned the deeper i went down the rabbit hole the more the spiritual and the conspirital merged together..

To say they are completely seperate would in my opinion be a naive judgement.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Believe in Jesus and accepting his as Lord and Savior is a good thing, just don't fall into religion. If anyone ever tells you youre going to hell if you don't go to church, theyre heading there themselves.

If believing Jesus taught us to love one another and that feeling or understanding makes you a better person and you aspire to be like that yourself.. then that can only be a good thing.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygenation

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Believe in Jesus and accepting his as Lord and Savior is a good thing, just don't fall into religion. If anyone ever tells you youre going to hell if you don't go to church, theyre heading there themselves.

If believing Jesus taught us to love one another and that feeling or understanding makes you a better person and you aspire to be like that yourself.. then that can only be a good thing.

Christ's teachings were not religion, they were a guide on how to live right by God. You will never go wrong believing in him and putting into practice what he taught, he has a great many lessons and teachings that all mankind can benefit from so yes, i absolutely agree with you.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Id say that religion could be compared to a fasle light...

that it conveys knowledge without the need for wisdom. Threatening your population with eternal punishment from a deity is a easy way to get what you want. be it good or bad.

or any number of ways parents lie to their children to get them to obey.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Id say that religion could be compared to a fasle light...

that it conveys knowledge without the need for wisdom. Threatening your population with eternal punishment from a deity is a easy way to get what you want. be it good or bad.

or any number of ways parents lie to their children to get them to obey.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

Indeed. I think what is important to realise is that religion was penned by the hand of men. That is not to say the teachings in all religions are not filled with wisdom, love and truth but that many societies have taken these original stories and applied their own overall concepts to them in order to suit how they wish to direct their particular societies.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Spirituality is a broad concept, I use it to mean a belief in a higher reality or power while not being religious. I'm spiritual but not religious, I meditate but not part of an organized group. I also dont consider myself paranoid at all. The inner light is something within you and has nothing to do with lucifer. I dont believe in god or satan as a being but rather a unified force which keeps the universe in existence. Ultimately we are not different from this force. Atman is Brahman. Self is God.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

When most of the people you meet cant read or write the fastest way to convey a message is to threaten them. All these wise men sitting down to write books no one will read sudden realizing that if they threatened their brother with enternal torture he might gain the motivation to learn. Sure theres alot of wise words in many of the fictional literature throughout history... but how many books would make a father cry for the imagined damnation of his homosexual daughter.

Spirituality is another word for idiot bandaid.. that only sticks to the head until wisdom peels it off. Soon the red rivers will run from invisible wounds.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I very much enjoyed the OP. However, I must ask for clarification; What paranoia are you addressing specifically? Are you talking about a paranoia of believing enlightenment/illumination to be sourced from Lucifer?

Also, in which sense are we discussing Lucifer? The anthropomorphic rebelious archangel of Lord God? Lucifer as the 'good' god while Lord God is the 'bad god'? The psychological archetype? Prometheus, Hermes, Ahura Mazda, Eosphorus, Venus, Horus, Thoth, Enki, Marduk, Christos-Lucifer, Chokhmah?

In the Qur'an it is written:

"Say He is Allah, the One.
Allah, the Absolute.
He begets not, nor was He begotten.
And there is none like unto Him."

All is interconnected. All is codependent upon all else. As Above, So Below. As Within, So Without. All is One. What is there to fear but Fear itself!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
you no longer are haunted by these questions?

you found love , peace , balance, love and compassion?

is spirituality a tool form lucifer? you are full of sh1t my friend. you have found nothing.

close your goddam eyes. you have found nothing. sleep.

edit on 30-12-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

?¿?¿? what......is that an inquisitive demand for answer/ explanation.....or a declarative statement made to affirm his deficiency in intellect to understand said explanation ¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
you no longer are haunted by these questions?

you found love , peace , balance, love and compassion?

is spirituality a tool form lucifer? you are full of sh1t my friend. you have found nothing.

close your goddam eyes. you have found nothing. sleep.

edit on 30-12-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

We are all full of sh** my brother that's why we have as*holes...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

stop eating then.

wake up.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
I very much enjoyed the OP. However, I must ask for clarification; What paranoia are you addressing specifically? Are you talking about a paranoia of believing enlightenment/illumination to be sourced from Lucifer?

Also, in which sense are we discussing Lucifer? The anthropomorphic rebelious archangel of Lord God? Lucifer as the 'good' god while Lord God is the 'bad god'? The psychological archetype? Prometheus, Hermes, Ahura Mazda, Eosphorus, Venus, Horus, Thoth, Enki, Marduk, Christos-Lucifer, Chokhmah?

In the Qur'an it is written:

"Say He is Allah, the One.
Allah, the Absolute.
He begets not, nor was He begotten.
And there is none like unto Him."

All is interconnected. All is codependent upon all else. As Above, So Below. As Within, So Without. All is One. What is there to fear but Fear itself!

Indeed that is the paranoia i speak of.

When i first ventured into the occult and spirituality i struggled to accept spirituality as benevolent. Not that my instincts and intuition weren’t driven towards accepting it as a positive thing but that the things which i read concerning the occult brought forth many questions as to spirituality's true intent. Hence the reason for my post and its aim to reassure others that may be in my past position that spirituality is indeed a good thing.

When speaking of Lucifer i refer to the serpent in the Garden of Eden that tempted Eve with Insight/Wisdom/Knowledge from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

stop eating then.

wake up.

If i considered your advice brother, i would surely die. Heres two stars to cheer you up.. you seem down..

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

why do you eat?

you think food keeps you alive? you have a lot to learn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join