It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

?? Mysterious Black Blob Attacked Downtown LA ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Mystery blob eating downtown - LA Daily News www.dailynews.com/news/ci_3529716
19 hours ago - A mysterious black blob attacked downtown Los Angeles on Monday with a tar- like goo that oozed from manholes, buckled a street and unmoored a Raymond ...

www.dailynews.com...

Does anyone know anything about this?
I happened to come across this in a search on Google for something else.
If you go to the dailynews.com site it says that the article has been removed.
I can't find any additional information about this.

Is this just some sort of hoax and that's the reason they pulled the story,
or is there something more to the story?

Sorry for the lack of sources, but this is the only place on the internet I found talking about this in an hour of searching. I'm hoping that someone may have read the article before it was removed, or that someone that lives in LA knows what this is about.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
apparently, its happened before from a story i found in the Freerepublic from 2006
blob link

and also was posted on ats also back in 2006
ats link

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Here is another link with what looks like a copy of the story.

Edit: Nm, this is the 2006 story.
edit on 30-12-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I dont know either, but I did a google search and found something similar that happened in Venezuela years ago.

Chicago Tribune
blob

edit on 30-12-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

From another forum, seems this article also was removed.:

cbs2.com... CBS) LOS ANGELES Residents of a downtown Los Angeles apartment building have been evacuated after oil began oozing into their basement, and out of cracks and manhole covers along their street. Authorities say they think the problem occurred because workers at a petroleum drilling site two blocks away were shooting high pressure hot water into old wells to blast out leftover crude. A bulge in the street (South Olive Street) began to subside and the oil seepage slowed when the Saint James Oil Company stopped pumping in the water. Residents of the three-story apartment building say they began smelling a pungent odor shortly after midnight yesterday..... More, and video, at the link!

Source
edit on 30-12-2011 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Reminds me of a movie...

Something about a blob.

However I do remember in a past life in 1994 having to clean up a basement and fluorescent green goo that was oozing up through the floor of the underground parking at the old Firestone tire plant where the Citadel outlets are now. remember that when you are buying your jeans there you are walking on toxic goo.
edit on 30-12-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

Thanks.

It appeared to be something new judging from the time on the search. It does seem to be an interesting story, judging from what I just read on your links.

I should have known the answer was on ATS

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

sadly I'm still trying to find something current, my googlz skillz have been undermined by my lack of coffee.....

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Snopes.com

I'm not sure if this is the same case or not but here's a story from 2006 on the snopes.com message board.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

The reason they gave is plausible enough I suppose but the way they described it oozing via pressure reminded me of the part in the movie Volcano where the La Brea Tar Pits start to boil over (skip to 0:30 if you so desire). Makes you wonder how much PSI the water pump they were using to purge these pipes is though...buckled the street...that's some decent pressure.

(Video Description: Clip of the 1997 movie titled Volcano starring Tommy Lee Jones)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye

Mystery blob eating downtown - LA Daily News www.dailynews.com/news/ci_3529716
19 hours ago - A mysterious black blob attacked downtown Los Angeles on Monday with a tar- like goo that oozed from manholes, buckled a street and unmoored a Raymond ...

www.dailynews.com...

Does anyone know anything about this?
I happened to come across this in a search on Google for something else.
If you go to the dailynews.com site it says that the article has been removed.
I can't find any additional information about this.

Is this just some sort of hoax and that's the reason they pulled the story,
or is there something more to the story?

Sorry for the lack of sources, but this is the only place on the internet I found talking about this in an hour of searching. I'm hoping that someone may have read the article before it was removed, or that someone that lives in LA knows what this is about.

Seems like now this article is deleted, weird.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Could have something to do with La Brea tar pits or even long beach oil fields.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
it seems they found the source for the problem back in 2006 Link from 2006 from the daily

The St. James Oil Corp., which ran a pumping station for oil and water injection wells nearby, was charged with causing the oily ooze and agreed to pay for the cleanup

still cant find anything from this year. maybe someone over there just doesn't clean their desk off very often? lol

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

According to Google Maps, and assuming the post above was from the more recent story. The La Brea Tar Pits and this particular S. Olive St. in L.A. are fairly close to one another, approximately 2.2 miles.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the info everyone. I had never heard of this story until now. I do believe that what I had found earlier was about the 2006 episode. I'll do some research on this....as randyvs pointed out, the tar pits are close by, and the excuse given may possibly be a cover story.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Could have something to do with La Brea tar pits or even long beach oil fields.

Maybe this is what happens first and oozes out when the earth is slowly splitting open. Maybe this is the beginning of what people in california fear so much and expect to happen some day.....the big one. This is maybe also the reason why the people in control try to delete such reports of warning signs from the internet as soon as possible.

Just some thoughts....

edit on 30/12/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

top topics

join