It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists Blame Nike Shoes for Rising Crime, Demand Company Lower Prices to ‘Meet Customer Demand

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

If "victimhood" were an olympic event, these jackwagons would be gold medalists!

It appears (and not just here with this issue) that the easy way out is to blame someone or something else.

This has become a constant in society where it's "the bankers", "the media", George Bushs', the wealthy, someone elses. . . . fault.

Personal responsibility has become as rare in our society as fat free salad dressing at Michael Moore's house.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I rather think it's humorious other than the fact in a few weeks they will be dirty and tossed asside then the crime wave starts over for a new pair. Great marketing I would say, sad dare I say humans on the other hand. I live in the hood people will soon be die because of these shoes.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

The funny and ironic part is this has nothing to do with the shoes and how much they cost. But political correctness and fear of being labeled hide the true cause.

It funny how the black leader calls for the shoes to be lowered in price instead of going after the real issue. It is a said day for a culture when all you have for role models are gambling addicted womanizing washed up sports stars.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by DJM8507
Websites like that actively search out and pick the crazies, most extreme that fulfills their agenda, from a crowd. They then edit it to their liking to make it appear even more ridiculous.

I could go out and within a few minutes find people even organizations on the far right (or left) with even more outlandish demands, claims, or opinions.

Such sources are useless and do nothing but instigate a particular agenda...

SO kill the messenger basically?

Has nothing to do with the website
. As this was reported not only there, but by the activists in the area as well.

Please, do some research into it, before you just condemn it due to the listed source.
This can be found on many other sites.

Regardless of the website, these types of stories are nothing more than tabloid trash meant to incite rage or curiosity to bring traffic to their websites. Visiting those links does nothing but feed the trolls, which such sites essentially making their living shocking people.
edit on 30-12-2011 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Of course Nike promotes crime - their whole operation is criminal! Check out this amazing expose on Nike sweatshops -- www.youtube.com... Their shoes are a scam. I personally confronted the University of Minnesota on their Nike contract scam. I promoted the Workers Rights Consortium.

Nike Swoosh is criminal. Phil Knight should be in jail for corporate criminal behavior.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Websites like that actively search out and pick the crazies, most extreme that fulfills their agenda, from a crowd. They then edit it to their liking to make it appear even more ridiculous.

I could go out and within a few minutes find people even organizations on the far right (or left) with even more outlandish demands, claims, or opinions.

Such sources are useless and do nothing but instigate a particular agenda...

SO kill the messenger basically?

Has nothing to do with the website
. As this was reported not only there, but by the activists in the area as well.

Please, do some research into it, before you just condemn it due to the listed source.
This can be found on many other sites.

Regardless of the website, these types of stories are nothing more than tabloid trash meant to incite rage or curiosity to bring traffic to their websites. Visiting those links does nothing but feed the trolls, which such sites essentially making their living shocking people.
edit on 30-12-2011 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

What are you talking about?
Black Community Leaders are calling for Nike to lower prices, and blame the high prices for the morons acting like raving lunatics for a pair of $180 junk shoes.

Please, go back and actually review the topic at hand, instead of just retorting the same crap about how one website does this, or does that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join