It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicotine Is Not Dangerous

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

So....

You rip into me because of what YOU FAILED to read.
Then instead of actually reading it, you get snotty and say some more things that make no sense and are just argumentative because of again, what YOU FAILED TO READ. In response to pointing out we could have a real conversation if you just take the time to read before responding, you just move on. Gosh, thanks for taking special note of that earned and repayed respect part.

Been really interesting learning from you I guess.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
I do have a problem when
  • laws are passed that violate private property rights just to make smokers lives more isolated.

I get it now. Honest discussion was never part of your game plan. I see. Can you back up that statement? It kind of makes smokers look like a bunch of entitled whiny delusional little children when they cry about imaginary things.

Can you show me one anti-smoking law that was passed just to make smokers lives more isolated. That exact criteria and you need to back it up.

Can you do that?

Because otherwise all I am reading from you is "Whaaaaaaaaaaa, people dirty look me when I blow smoke in their face at dinner whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

As a smoker, I find your position offensive and offputting and it kind makes me want to pass laws that make your life more isolated.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I am letting you have the last word. Happy New Year my friend

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

Can you show me one anti-smoking law that was passed just to make smokers lives more isolated. That exact criteria and you need to back it up.

That depends...

If you mean laws passed that have the effect of making enjoyment of societal activities difficult for smokers, and which override a property-owners right to set policy on their property, you need look no farther than this Wikipedia page.

If you mean a law that states, in those exact words used, that its intent is to socially isolate smokers, no. No law is going to phrase things that way.

You apparently haven't noticed that I failed to reply to your last posts. That was not an oversight. I exposed you for the type of irrelevant conclusions you make based on grammatical and linguistic points only. No further debate is either productive or desirable for me because of this.

I might point out that I just vehemently disagreed with Awoken4Ever, but we both presented our side of the debate, countered each others arguments, and in the end parted friends. That is how debate works, not by trivializing or demonizing one's opponent, not by making talking points out of typos or misspellings, but by comparing and supporting one's views.

Because otherwise all I am reading from you is...

Just to make you feel better...

Whaaaaaaaaaaa, people dirty look me when I blow smoke in their face at dinner whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I hope that makes you feel better.

(Oh, I would like to thank you for giving me the incentive to post a list of links to some of the studies done. Other readers might find them interesting.)

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I thought discussing drugs was strictly frowned upon at ATS. But since this thread is going, i will chime in:

Nicotine is not that addictive at all. Nicotine has even some measurable health benefits. Tobacco smoke is unhealthy. Tobacco contains a class of chemicals called beta-carbolines. They act similarly to antidepressants in your body. When you start to feel the withdrawal, the bigger part of it is actually antidepressant withdrawal and it can be extremely unpleasant.

This is the reason the nicotine usage will go up when you try to stop smoking with nicotine patches. You simply aren't getting the beta carbolines, so you substitute by increasing nicotine intake.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by varikonniemi
I thought discussing drugs was strictly frowned upon at ATS. But since this thread is going, i will chime in:

Tobacco contains a class of chemicals called beta-carbolines. They act similarly to antidepressants in your body. When you start to feel the withdrawal, the bigger part of it is actually antidepressant withdrawal and it can be extremely unpleasant.

Huh? Talk about this some more please.

This is the reason the nicotine usage will go up when you try to stop smoking with nicotine patches. You simply aren't getting the beta carbolines, so you substitute by increasing nicotine intake.

Substitute by increasing nicotine intake? You lost me. How do you increase nicotine, when you are on the patches and not smoking?

If nicotine wasn't addictive, and all patches are is nicotine, then why do you not struggle so much, and hardly at all once you get stabilized on them for a while? If your theory was correct, then why isn't there these "beta-carbolines" in the patch to control the withdrawal you claim one is having from the antidepressant and not the nicotine?

Completely lost in what you are saying.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

Nicotine patches are being abused, i've heard admitedly anacdotal, that people are sticking them on before going to bed to induce opium type dreams.So the anti smoking lobby have started a new drug craze.It seems when big pharma start to make money they get a lot of collateral damage.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by varikonniemi

I'd appreciate more info on this as well, please? I had not considered substances other than nicotine for the addictive effects of smoking.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Azmodan85

there's a much older way of smoking tobacco. using a bong. basically it just moves through a lot of way, and is filtered with water, and there is no paper burning whatsoever. one third of a cigarette gives you a good headrush, and then you do not really need it. i do it about three times a day, for years, and have never experienced any bad consequence on my health, and i am not hooked yet at all.(somedays i go through without it and i do not even feel the need.) a gram of good quality tobacco just gives all, without the bad taste. btw, there's no filter on it, which is known to exude carcinogens when exposed to heat. which gives you cancer. i can only recommend to smokers, that when smoking at home, use a bong, it does not make it healthier, but it drastically reduces the negative aspects of smoking. even the smoke isn't that awfully bad.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
1 drop of nicotine will kill a man.

That guy in Europe that went crazy and shot up all those kids.....he ordered liquid nicotine from China and dipped all his hollow point bullets in it. Didn't you find it odd all the people he shot....died?

It wasn't the bullets that killed everyone, it was the 1 drop of nicotine on the bullets. It's not a bad way to go, nicotine toxicity makes you all giddy....you'd laugh about being shot just before your heart stopped.

Helluva drug.

The United States Government mandated Nicotine be reduced in tobacco....so it's been getting processed out of American tobacco products. What do they plan on doing with all of that deadly toxin they've processed out?

The guy that went on the shooting rampage in Europe was a smart man trying to tell you something of what's to come. China has mass stockpiles of liquid nicotine.....as now the US does to. Nobody's surviving when their bullets start flying, even if you have a minor wound. 1 drop will kill you.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

An interesting reminder is that "nicotinus Virginius" the plant the native american indians smoked..Is not the same as the comercial leaf thats grown for the tobacco industry. The use of the real tobacco is purely used to produce the nicotine which is sprayed on to the commercial leaf.A couple of puffs on "Nictotinius virginius" is enough to send you into Opium type dreams hence "Pipe of peace".Some poisons can be smoked without killing you, if you ate a cigar you'd be dead before you got to the end of the snack.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Azmodan85

its partially the social aspect but mainly its the 40,000+ chemicals that the tobacco companies put in i have switched to chop chop (completely natural tobacco) and its easy for me to go a few days without a cigarette but when i was buying commercial tobacco i couldn't go for more than 12 hours without a smoke

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Do anyone else also suspect that nicotine is able to cleanse the pineal gland, and reverse the bad effect of fluoride?

I thought of it a couple month ago, is it possible there is a link between nicotine and fluoride? Since I wonder there is sort a hype of a black campaign toward tobaco...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
What about hardening of arteries?

Its been proven in a plethora of mammals including primates including humans!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
i smoke cigarette tobacco out of a 2.5ft waterpipe with 3 levels of filtering and i find it pleasant with no negative side effects if i breathe properly. i only do this maybe twice a month one cigarette per session. quite a head rush

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Of course there is a lower threshold

Thank goodness cause I like an occasional drag. Its been almost a full year, though!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I would think its not as bad without the rest of the other chemicals. I would think that also would depened on does. a high does has been known to kill someone in less then a drop. also if injected it can me more potent then coc aine and potentially lethal.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I've smoked for 30 years on and off.
Now I vape. I've switched exclusively to an e cig and its magic. I'd recommend them to anyone who smokes. You'll save a fortune, can use it in the pub and won't be inhaling a million and one carcinogens like you do with a normal cigarette.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
As a smoker of cigarettes for the last 6 years, I've quit so many times. Sometimes for a few days, and sometimes for months on end. The only times I've ever started back up was because I was at a bar or a party and saw someone else smoking and thought it'd be nice to share in a cigarette and some conversation. I know I'm more addicted to the fact that I smoke because of the habit of having one in my hand during certain situations (ie-Driving, gaming, debates w/ friends). Whenever I go into my recluse states, the last thing on mind is lighting up a cigarette. I think I can vouch for nicotine not being addictive.

Just some food for thought from an on/off smoker.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I've tried to use an ecig before...it's still sitting on a shelf on my computer, cheap chinese crap never worked right...
but the solution that comes with it, well, it's absorbed into the skin, and it high content nicotine...
when I was trying to get the stupid thing to work right, well, guess I handled it too much, ended up speeding my arse off...
nicotine, in enough quantity is dangerous!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join