It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Praying Vs. Thinking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Well, I wouldn't say I am necessarily beginning. I have been at it for half of my life. Of course, that isn't very long seeing as how I am 19 years old.

I have read the Tibetan Book of the Dead but I will check out the other one you listed. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnivoxSuperfuzz

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by WarminIndy

The commands from God Himself is that if we love each other, we must pray one for another, that we be healed.

I am sorry my friend, I did not know you were in need of healing.

What is your ailment?

With Love,

Your Brother

Wittiest comeback I've ever heard... when you take it out of context.

I'm guessing you were actually being sincere, but... still funny to me.
edit on 31-12-2011 by UnivoxSuperfuzz because: (no reason given)

We all need healing, there are so many parts of our lives that are not complete and whole. Why don't you let me pray for you, because the will of God is that all men be saved.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

You're welcome! And worry not.

At nineteen I was nowhere near ready to really grasp these things. Don't beat yourself up....your brain is not even physiologically done growing (and I mean this with absolutely NO disrespect, it is a fact of human development). You show a lot of promise. I didn't have my "Ah Ha!" moment until I was thirty-three. Good on ya for starting early!

ETA: There is a lot to be learned by re-reading things we read as youths....I have begun re-reading things I loved and found an astonishing difference between how I "remembered" and "percieved" them, and how they strike me now, at 53 years old.

Hugs and happy new year to you Dylan!
edit on 31-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
Christ came to do the will of the father, therefore we can assume that Christ can only do the will of the father.

Not to disparage your remarks my friend, but to add to them.

What if we ALL do the will of the father.

Imagine if every person you meet is God seeing if you would recognize him.

Just a thought.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

When we pray, we form and send out a Though-Form, in the hope it will come to pass, become fruitful, so to speak. I am one who thinks the Creators do not ever become involved in the direct affairs of humankind, so, in effect, the Creators do not answer our prayers, but the Thought-Forms can cause an effect on the natural order of things. Magickal Spells are the same thing, with the same effects.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Although I would like to believe there is a God listening and answering (as it feels less lonely, haha) I think I have to agree with you on the fact that God does not interfere with mankind's affairs.
edit on 1-1-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
There's a place in scripture that says "Be silent before the Lord".

That has always summed it up for me.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Arietis
There's a place in scripture that says "Be silent before the Lord".

That has always summed it up for me.

So relate the story; perchance they may reflect. - 7:16

Do they not think? Their companion is not seized with madness: he is but a perspicuous warner. - 7:184

Thus do We explain the Signs in detail for those who reflect. - 10:24

Do they not think in their own minds? - 30:8

Verily in that are Signs for those who ponder. - 30:21

Such are the similitudes which We propound to men, that they may reflect. - 59:21

Will you not, then, use your reason? - 2:44

There are messages indeed for people who use their reason. - 2:164

And so, the parable of those who re bent on denying the truth is that of the beast which hears the shepherd's cry, and hears in it nothing but the sound of a voice and a call. Deaf are they, and dumb, and blind: for they do not use their reason. - 2:171

In this way God makes clear unto you His messages, so that you might [learn to] use your reason. - 2:242

We have indeed made the signs clear unto you, if you would but use your reason. - 3:118

Verily, the vilest of all creatures in the sight of God are those deaf, those dumb ones who do not use their reason. - 8:22

Considering all this - could there be, to anyone endowed with reason, a (more) solemn evidence of the truth? - 89:5

Verily, in all this there are messages indeed for people who think! - 13:3

Will you not, then, bethink yourselves? - 37:155

edit on 4/1/2012 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join