It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foot Long, Half Pound Shrimp Invade Gulf of Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetnlow
YUM shrimplobsters on the barbe tonight

Speaking of which, I need a bigger grill,

I say let em invade, then we close off the gulf and stretch a dragnet, hell yeah, that'll work.

On the downside, we gonna need a lot o cocktail sauce

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
LMAO! For all the complaining and woe is me I hear all day long, I know I can come here and experience people that are just as light hearted and optimistic as I am. Just the thing to make a person smile and feel a little more at ease.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
really cool pic, thank you so much..have never seen a shrimp that big...does make you wander how there here..since no one can find a smaller version of them...Interesting...if you like shrimp and you fish for them you can make some money with these guys.....grab a fork there is dinner...lol...wow..really cool..

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Interesting.

First an Asian bird makes a "wrong turn", and then these.

Starting to see a pattern here.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ohhhhhhh
* melts butter and heats pan.*

Those are HUGE!

2 of those and a nice Fillet Mig. would make a helluva meal!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
I wonder what they taste like.

my guess would be like shrimp. but thats going out on a limb.....
can you imagine having a shrimp on your plate that is bigger than some lobster tails. wow.
I want 10 of these things right now..

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Thanks for reminding me why I hate swimming in the sea.

That for reminding me why I hate seafood...

You need a bloody baseball bat to go at that thing...

looks about as tasty as a cockroach

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I love how they are worried about shrimp, when they forget that a 'gazillion' liters of crude oil resides in the gulf.

Maybe this will be the scapegoat for BP.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

I was kind of thinking about the same thing, these jumbo shrimp may not be the best guests to have, but there are far more worse things to worry about in the region.

To those who said these shrimp would eat all the food that the other fishes and shrimpies eat, corexit and crude oil has already done most the work. Massive dead zones have been common, blamed on oxygen of course.

Reading some of these posts just made me really hungry, got no seafood

edit on 30-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
OMGWTFKILLITWITHFIREBBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

That's a huge shrimp!

It makes me sick just looking at that thing.
It's cockroach of the ocean for sure.
yuck.

Though if it's safe enough for you crustacean lovers to eat. I imagine that it will be a good thing if it doesn't destroy the ecosystem in the gulf first.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
has anyone questioned the reason they invaded? obviously these shrimp always existed... probably way out to sea. where things grow big. What event i wonder has sent them closer to shore? i think they are forced to the shore lines, rather then wanting to come to the shorelines.

lets watch and see what other weird life starts showing up

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

lmfao, cool analogy. They are still human though, i just pity them. I would not want to feel like any1 of those that run this place,they must feel crap most of the time, it is not nice to be hated by so many human beings that you do not even know.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Originally posted by popsmayhem

It is a HUUUUUGE shrimp
it could literally take out all
the other shrimp.
This is a real *jumbo shrimp*

...and therein lies the problem.

The shrimp it replace make up a pretty important link in the food chain. That being food for well - dang near every other commercial or sport fish that swims in the Gulf at one time or another in their life cycle. Many for their entire life cycle.

This guy could crowd out (or even eat) the native, smaller shrimp along with crabs, etc. From the looks of the pic these shrimp are just too big for many juvenile fish and other animals that prey on the native shrimp to eat.

So yeah, I'd like a foot long shrimp to snack on as well as anybody. But not if it means no more redfish, snook, sea trout, snook, etc because of the disruption to the food chain.

Ummm......you said snook twice.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

"Though no one is sure what the ecological impact will be, scientists fear a tiger prawn takeover could knock nature's balance out of whack and turn a healthy, diverse marine habitat into one dominated by a single invasive species.

OH MY GOD.....excuse me, but BP took care of "nature's balance" long ago. Between that quote and BP's "everything's dandy" TV ad's, I don't know whether to laugh or cry! Things were FUBAR long before that shrimp arrived.
edit on 12/30/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I love how people are like FUKUSHIMA or BP but this has been a known problem for YEARS.

here is an article from Oct 23, 2009 BEFORE all the other disasters

wavewatchers.wordpress.com...

LISTEN PEOPLE OF ATS.....

quit believing everything you read and research some of it
edit on 30-12-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Aww.

I'll be the first to name the little guy.

Hmm..

How about Corexit?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Actually lobster are the "cockroaches of the sea". They are arthropods as are cockroaches. They are related. However I will not eat ANYTHING from sea to oily sea.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

I love how people are like FUKUSHIMA or BP but this has been a known problem for YEARS.

You misunderstood my post. I didn't say it was new, I said that the quote was ridiculous, as if that shrimp was going to ruin some pristine environment.. If you look at my profile, and my thread on the BP disaster,you'll see that I am informed on the GOM, since I live here and have put a lot of time into research of the BP/GOM connection. I'm not saying the shrimp being there has anything to do with BP.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Ah, the effects of fukishima

This is only the beginning

errm no this is the effects of magnetic pole shift mate..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join