It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 ways gmo will wipe out humanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
the seperate topics here have been discussed before,but i decided to make a general topic for the biggest threats to living creatures as well as our own species and may wipe us out

1. killing pollenating animals, like bees, butterflys and mosquitos. these are vital to our agriculture to pollinate the flowers in order to produce the fruits and the seeds nessacary for non gmo and non terminator gmo to continuue existing. If they die we would die frrom agricultural collapse and countless species would die with us
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.globalchange.com...

. 1.Monsanto decides- that since the bacteria Bacillus thuringiensis - kills a corn parasite- to insert the DNA sequence from that bacteria IN to their GMO corn
2.The BT in the corn pollen causes an immune system response (rather like triggering a sneeze) in the bees- similar to if they had eaten the BT directly - also causes holes and porosity in the gut.
3.During the summer- the bees have enough protein to tolerate the immune 'sneeze' response- and still learn navigation ... BUT during the winter when protein ( pollen) is in rather short supply in the hive- bees had evolved a survival response. IF a bee's immune system was threatened in Winter - then the hive was best served if it was eliminated. The way this works - is that the protein normally invested in learning and remembering complex navigation requirements- has gone into immune reaction- and so - those bees - immune challenged - get lost trying to get back to the hive.

2. gmo species can wipe out the non modified species. escaped gmo salmon could wipe out the native salmon, or mosquitos being released to reduce mosquito population which would create collapses to the food webs of earth

. Food and Water Watch goes as far as to suggest the GM salmon "may only last long enough in the wild to prevent natural populations from reproducing, leading to a total extinction of salmon in open waters".

3. monsanto corn can cause organ failure. obviously a big problem here. a large number of people eat gmo which can mean many people will succumb to organ damage, whch will reduce our popluation greatly and will help wipe us out
www.huffingtonpost.com...

4. gmo can cause new allergies to food
.www.sciencemuseum.org.uk...
modifing the genes of an animal will create the expression for new proteins, some may cause allergic reactions, in some people, even worse imagine if over 50% of the population becam allergic to gmo corn, with the amount of food with corn or a corn based product or was fed corn that was modified than thats 50% of the population that would not be able to eat a varity of products we eat every day, which would obviously lead to deaths from starvation.
5. gmo has been linked to sterilty in mammals.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
people becoming sterile will result in a signifigant drop in population. even if humans manged to avoid extinction from the threats i already listed here, if they are infertile than that would mean that we couuld never repopulate from the damage it already did.
All the pressures put on us and our evironment from gmo would lead to our extinction. (assuming it keeps getting ddistributed to countries at the current rate it is and more gmo foods continue to be developed). at this point im now ondering are the advantages it offers really worth all the pontential damage it may cause to the earth and to us
if anyone else has other major threats from gmo that i never coverd than please list it here, as well

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Just skimmed this for now. Very well put together thread. Glad someone set some connections together.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Absolutely, the first point you mentioned alone is "the biggest threat".
Without the bee, we are toast.

Bees help pollinate around 70% of all the crops on the planet. If all the bees die and nothing rises to replace them (another type of insect, for example, or serious human intervention), many plants will simply die-off due to lack of pollination. If 70% of the plants on the planet die.

Without bees, there would be no honey, but distinctively, certain plants would not be able to reproduce and would thus become extinct. In turn, this would lead to the disappearance of certain animal species.

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Wasn't it Einstein who said if the bees die out we would die within the next four years after

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow

Wasn't it Einstein who said if the bees die out we would die within the next four years after

Sort of. I'm not entirely sure if it is true.
I had come across it a few times as being quoted by einstein, but if you search up topics about einstein & bee quotes... there's quite a bit of "he didn't say it" posted about.

No idea if it is true or false .

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Hard to tell when something is frequently quoted it gets misread eventually

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

Originally posted by connorromanow

Sort of. I'm not entirely sure if it is true.
I had come across it a few times as being quoted by einstein, but if you search up topics about einstein & bee quotes... there's quite a bit of "he didn't say it" posted about.

No idea if it is true or false .

No, it's not true.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

than who did say it

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

I think it's just one of these things which has been perpetuated through the net. If you go to any site which holds quotes from famous people you won't find anything from Albert relating to this bee story. Incidentally, is CCD still a major problem, I heard bees were bouncing back.

Here's the entry in snopes

edit on 29-12-2011 by chocise because: snopes explanation

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

is CCD still a major problem, I heard bees were bouncing back.

im not fully sure. i heard they were doing some reintroduction in britian. but i dont fully know. i think it may have slowed down but not stopped

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Yeah I think I heard that too.

Also, I hadn't realized mosquitoes were pollinators, although according to one source from Nature magazine not many papers have been published on it.

Snopes link on the Einstein quote edited into the above link, worth a wander.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

yes mosquitos are major pollenators. they are not known for it though. they pollenate the plants that the bees, and butterflies are to big to reach. they are right next to bees for pollenating insects, at least the males. but its very hard to verify that with the internet, but with enough looking youll find it

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Deflagration

i thought a post to show the extreme dangers of gmo being tied together would be important, also to help anyonne on the forum who dosent know much about gmo start out

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Kill the plankton in the sea and life eventually dies. Kill the insects on land and well it could have the same trickling effect.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

That's how earth works kill everything over half an inch the system able to continue running smoothly, kill everything under half an inch and it all collapses, which is what gmo threatens to do

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

My take on GMO foods is that they have designed into the DNA of the foods a switch. The switch will be activated somehow in some way, I don't know. Essentially it will instruct all GMO crops to fail. Causing widespread famine and the demise of about 95% of society. A quick easy approach to limiting population.

The only ones that will remain are the politicos, and a few preppers. The rest will die of starvation.

Mind that this is my take on all of this GMO stuff. But my mind asks, to what benefit can this GMO food be to society and it comes back to killing off the population.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Benchkey

there is terminator crops, which have no offspiring or seed produced, so its not that hard to try to program a kill gene in it. that may actualy be useful for controlling an out of control spread. so i wouldnt be supprised if they had something like this planned

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
someone posted this on the forum, i didnt realize this but its also making our food animals sterile
www.abovetopsecret.com...
yet another way that gmo can severly reduce our numbers

top topics

join