It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your idea of the perfect date/relationship?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Let me start off by saying that the reason I'm making this thread is because I'm seeing a lot of people in the up and coming generation confused about what they want in terms of relationships. Not only on these boards but in "real" life as well. Even people in my generation (46). It's my thought that if you don't know exactly what you want, you're not going to get what you need. Companionship.

That's not to say that ALL young people are confused, but if you're one of the ones that are, maybe answering this qustion will help you out. For those of you who know me, you know that I rely very heavily on music to help me get my point across. Those things being said, what is your idea of the perfect date/relationship? Are you one of these people?:

1) youtu.be...

Or one of these people:

2) youtu.be...

Maybe you're somewhere inbetween ( Can't find a song to pinpoint THAT one )

Whatever type of person you are, you not only have to know it, but you have to be comfortable with it as well if you want to attract someone else who is like you. I also believe that the age of two people shouldn't really matter that much. It's the experiences and maturity of both people that they bring into the date/relationship that are going to make them "click" or not. And this applies to whether you both just want a one night stand or something long lasting.

That's the type of thing you also want to bring to the table before you get too deep into anything. Even if all you're looking for is a one night stand, having things in common with each other will make things a lot less awkward. That's assuming she would even let you in the door if you DON'T have much in common. And again, I don't think the ages of two people dictate that much as to whether you have that much in common or not. It's what you've been through and how you look at things. Some people are wise beyong their years and some people aren't.

I've been through quite a bit in my life and if there's one thing I've learned it's that time is a funny thing. It effects everyone differently and people take different things out of the experiences they have.

youtu.be...

When I was 15 I met a girl who was born on the exact same day month and year that I was. Come to find out later that we were born a half hour apart from each other. Being as naive as I was at the time, I took that as a sign that we were meant to be together. Long story short, she's now very religious and likes to knit. Alot. We don't have anything in common to speak of, so any relationship we would've had with each other wouldn't have worked out in the long run. This is one reason why I believe that age doesn't matter much. While I'm on this topic, let me also say that even if you think at the time that something will last a long time, don't set that idea in stone. Sometimes people grow apart. Everybody changes through life, and sometimes those changes make it to where you're not compatible anymore.

The bottom line here is, you both have to be wanting the same thing for ANYTHING to work and your age has nothing to do with that. It's how you see things now based on what you've been through.

So.............What is YOUR idea of the perfect date/relationship? Mine is one with a woman who not only see's things the way I do, like what I just posted here for example, but also wants the same type of "physical activities" if you will, as I do. I'm a Scorpio so there isn't much that I haven't tried at least once. Know who you are, accept it, find someone like that, but don't be so rigid to where can't bend a little to accomodate for the kind of person she is. No matter how hard you try, you're never going to find someone who is EXACTLY like you in every way possible.

And above all else.............communicate.

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Cheaper being single.

Relationships are so over rated it's pathetic.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This comes to mind

www.youtube.com...

But it goes both ways.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
perfect date is when we skip the date n go right to my place

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The Perfect Date

I would start the date with a trip to Victoria Secret for some really nice scented lotions. Follow that up with getting back to my place for a little massage action.

All the while hoping like heck that my other hand does not catch me cheating..........

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Cheaper being single.

And I thought I was the cynical one...

Wonderful name you have too....Manhater.

It would be chilled, laid back and above all fun. With (as the OP stated) communication being massively important. We should probably always remind ourselves that the other person in a relationship isn't telepathic.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Cheaper being single.

You can keep people shut out of your life all you want. That's your right and I'm sure you've earned that right. Some of us men can be real pricks.

But not all of us.

You can control who's in your life, but you can't control how you affect other people you come in contact with. Sometimes sparks fly and there isn't anything either one of you can do to avoid it. When that becomes the case, you both need to find a way of constructively dealing with it. Either make the spark a fire or put it out out.

And that, Manhater, is a relationship in and of itself.

youtu.be...

edit on 29-12-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyMuerte
The Perfect Date

I would start the date with a trip to Victoria Secret for some really nice scented lotions. Follow that up with getting back to my place for a little massage action.

All the while hoping like heck that my other hand does not catch me cheating..........

Put it behind your back so they can't see you. Rosie Palm and her 5 sisters that is.

This one's for you buddy:

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My idea of a perfect date would be one that left me laughing. Someone with a good sense of humor and a good heart that makes me laugh and smile.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I am a computer geek and gamer ever since the C64 came out i the mid 80s

My first wife, she was cool and hip, we had a pretty good marriage for 7 years. But she was not into gaming really.
Then i met my current wife, she is the ultimate gamer and plays every game known to men (LOL, did i just write "men"?
), knows any known cheat in Starcraft, made a guild in WoW....right now she's playing Skyrim and/or civilization

What's good about it....if we do NOT game together (which is actually cool eg. in WoW or multiplayer game on the LAN
)...we both do "our thing"...i am working on the computer or doing nonsense like right now (ATS surfing etc...)...she is on her PC gaming....but we do not "invade" each others space or think one of us must be crazy because he/she is spending too much time on the computer while the other doesn't.

We had examples in our WoW guild where people were extreme gamers ...and their wifes/husbands NOT AT ALL...ultimately such relationships end in disaster because someone not playing WoW or another game would HARDLY understand how his mate can spend 5 or 10 hours on the computer, all right?

What i am saying...that the same interests (even if they are "extreme") are very important in a relationship....be it computer games...or whatever other hobby. And its also important that the two people have freedom to do what they do..without the other one thinking what the other partner does is damaging for the relationship....or the one partner pressuring the other and not granting the other partner freedom to do what he/she wants (because he/she cant understand it or has different interests).
edit on 29-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I like to be around people who make me feel comfortable, high romance isn't for me. I like to know where I stand with the other person - no games.

I value a sense of humour, kindness, consideration, a similar work ethic, someone who allows me my own space, someone who loves animals, someone who knows when to let me do something - I'll ASK if I need help
someone who has their own interests

Someone who is 'in tune' with me so I don't start wishing they had an on and off switch

And, probably most important for a non-platonic relationship, chemistry.

And they have to love animals
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto

Perhaps I'd better add that I can offer all of the above before someone comes in and moans about me having a sense of entitlement

Except, I'm not good at making people feel comfortable and my sense of humour usually takes a bit of getting used to. And this post isn't intended to be an advertisement.

edit on 29-12-2011 by berenike because: adding get-out clause

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I guess for me, is not wanting the date to end. There is something about just getting to know someone, and realizing that you felt like you have always known them.

A sweet hug, and a gentle kiss at the end of the night, and waking the next day, looking forward to hearing that persons voice, or seeing their face.

I always look for the best in people, but if there is no chemistry, I have no problem letting the person know, and let them know early on that they are free to be honest about it too.

Even if we dont fall in love, at least I made a new friend. I hope for all of this in the new year. I think that everyone deserves happiness and a companion. as I understand that it takes some work, but the end result is always worth it, when you found the right person.

Have a great New Year all!! NRE.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I am pretty sure all relationships can be summed up with this sentence from a tale of two cities.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

My idea of a perfect relationship does not exist, because there is no such thing. That is a myth, like the Easter bunny or Santa, or that thing called Government people are always arguing about, its all kind of like having your cake and eating it to.

But my idea of an ideal relationship is simple...When there is more "best of times" then there is "wort of times" then I would have an idea of what particulars make it so, till then what we have here is nothing but theories...And such theories are unfounded till they are founded.

Translation...Damn if I know.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
A great date...

Me, the wife, and another lovely lady, some good drinks, then just going crazy...

I'm a simple guy, really.

(and with a really great meal afterwards...)

top topics

join