It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kremlin's Space Failures Response: Crush Those Who report Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is the young woman that the Kremlin has decided is the 'Main Enemy'
[I'm using the old Soviet term for the United States] to be punished for
the space industry's string of disasters -- by revealing the atrocious state of
the space industry infrastructure and security lapses.

Here is her website: lana-sator.livejournal.com...

This is the section of the rocket factory she snuck into for five
nights running a few weeks ago:
lana-sator.livejournal.com...

This is the series of photos -- imagine her climbing around and UP those
towers and getting these pictures. Attagirl!!

lana-sator.livejournal.com...

I sense a kindred spirit in this young woman -- here's the kind of fence-busting
that I've done myself at Russian space facilities in the past:
Me at Baykonur, 1995: www.jamesoberg.com...
Me in ‘Star City’: www.jamesoberg.com...

Suggestion: if you want to use her pictures, better download them NOW before they disappear.
And before SHE disappears.

The Kremlin over-reaction is nothing short of insane, in my view. And dangerous,
both to Sator personally, to others who are following her lead, and to the kind of
openness and trust needed as a workable foundation for international trust,
especially for space cooperation. I hope that grown-ups in Moscow turn their attention
to this, but I'm afraid it actually reflects the true instincts of the Putin regime.

Unauthorized People Must Have No Access to Roscosmos Sites - Rogozin

MOSCOW. Dec 29 0716 GMT (Interfax) - Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, who supervises the activity of the Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) at the government, has called impermissible the entry of unauthorized persons into Agency sites and demanded urgent measures to prevent similar situations in the future.

Rogozin told Agency head Vladimir Popovkin that security of the Agency sites must be discussed "due to the recent entry of unauthorized persons. That is an impermissible situation."

"I think we must take urgent measures and ensure order," he said.

Rogozin also asked Popovkin about causes of the latest spacecraft wrecks. "By the order of the prime minister, we will be doing a big joint work: We must plan our imminent steps today," he said. He promised political and organizational support of the Military Industrial Commission and himself to the Agency.

A source in the law enforcement agencies told Interfax on Wednesday that the special services had launched a probe into the media publications stating that bloggers had entered the territory of NPO Energomash (Khimki, Moscow region), a producer of liquid rocket engines.

"A probe has been launched into this publication, on the basis of which a procedural decision will be made whether or not a criminal case should be opened," the source said.

Energomash produces liquid rocket engines for civil rockets (from the first Soviet models, R-1, to the rocket carrier Angara) and military rockets (installed in rockets such as R-36M (SS-18 Satan) and its modifications. Energomash has the status of a highly secure facility.

Rogozin promises stringent measures over FSA security lapses

MOSCOW, December 29 14:18 (Itar-Tass) — Russian Vice-Premier Dmitry Rogozin has promised stringent measures in view of security breaches at Roscosmos (Federal Space Agency) facilities. The FSA should submit its proposals on that score before the end of January next year.

"Stringent-enough measures will be taken. Therefore I want to say once again that there shall be no laxity any longer on the part of either 'drowsy cats' that will be exemplarily punished soon if they fail to take measures (to ensure the security of facilities) or 'insolent mice' - alien persons that penetrated with photo cameras (into a facility)," the Vice-Premier told journalists after meeting Roscosmos Director Vladimir Popovkin.

"Thereby, we shall be through with this matter, and elementary and strict enough order will be introduced," Rogozin said, pointing out that he heard explanations given by the Roscosmos leadership on the problem of breaches of security measures at facilities that are under their jurisdiction. "We give certain time to correct all the flaws that have been revealed, including publicly, too. I give time till the end of January, after which selective inspections will be made on my instruction in the security system of facilities that are under Roscosmos’ authority and in those branches that are within its jurisdiction," Rogozin said.

The Vice-Premier also pointed out that the work would be done to standardize approaches to ensuring strategic facilities' security. "I want to say that I do not advise anyone any longer to penetrate into strategic facilities," Rogozin emphasized.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
She is a whistle blower extraordinaire!

Amazing photos. It's like visiting the technical elephants grave yard.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It's weird that part of it seems totally wrecked, and other parts still in use...

I wish I knew Russian...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

This is the young woman that the Kremlin has decided is the 'Main Enemy'
[I'm using the old Soviet term for the United States] to be punished for
the space industry's string of disasters -- by revealing the atrocious state of
the space industry infrastructure and security lapses.

Old habits die hard. Here's hoping she's not the next Politskaya.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

www.microsofttranslator.com...

Here is the MSN translator for the page. Select what language you want it translated in and you can get a rough idea. As with all translators double check against other translators as things do get lost in translation.

If you dont use IE, www.worldlingo.com...

That will allow you to just use the http link and it will translate.

edit on 29-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Interesting. However, imagine what the U.S would do to someone who sneaked into some of the U.S Facilities such as Military bases/Nasa/Area 51 etc. My guess is it would be even worse, most probably shot on the spot and those picures would never even make it online.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Interesting. However, imagine what the U.S would do to someone who sneaked into some of the U.S Facilities such as Military bases/Nasa/Area 51 etc. My guess is it would be even worse, most probably shot on the spot and those picures would never even make it online.

No one would be able to sneak into any of those facilities, that's the point.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

by revealing the atrocious state of the space industry infrastructure

The place is clearly abandoned, I would wager many an abandoned military site in the US, actually anywhere, would look much the same.
edit on 29/12/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by NeoVain

No one would be able to sneak into any of those facilities, that's the point.

Exactly. No one would be able to sneak in... Alive.

So what is extraordinary here is that she actually got out alive with the pics, not the "possible repercussions" she might be subject to, as seem to be the point of the OP:s viewpoint on this issue.

Even if these facilities have far less security (obviously) than their U.S counterparts, they are certanily comparable in what they do to facilities such as NASA or Lockheed Martin.

The pics are interesting, nonetheless.
edit on 29-12-2011 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Even if these facilities have far less security (obviously) than their U.S counterparts, they are certanily comparable in what they do to Organizations such as NASA or Lockheed Martin.

You won't find rusting sheds and broken tiles at a US aerospace plant. That's the other point. Russia's aerospace infrastructure is under-staffed, under-funded and poorly maintained. It's no wonder that their launch vehicles are so unreliable.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by NeoVain

Even if these facilities have far less security (obviously) than their U.S counterparts, they are certanily comparable in what they do to Organizations such as NASA or Lockheed Martin.

You won't find rusting sheds and broken tiles at a US aerospace plant. That's the other point. Russia's aerospace infrastructure is under-staffed, under-funded and poorly maintained. It's no wonder that their launch vehicles are so unreliable.

True, and point taken. I had no idea they where in such decay, but it is a sign of the times, i guess. My guess is it won´t be long now until the same can be found in the U.S, with the space program already shutting down, manned spaceflights are over, and the last space shuttle already having made it´s final voyage.
edit on 29-12-2011 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

I'd suspect it would be a torture scenario, rather than shot on the spot. They'd want to know what the hell you were doing there, who or what publication you work for, and who knew you were there. When it comes to matters of national security the US is not above torturing.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by badfish420

I'd suspect it would be a torture scenario, rather than shot on the spot. They'd want to know what the hell you were doing there, who or what publication you work for, and who knew you were there. When it comes to matters of national security the US is not above torturing.

Thank you for your gratuitous anti-American propaganda. In your opinion, what do you think the FSB would do if they caught this woman poking around. Give her candy?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Interesting pictures, but I suspect NASA might also be upset if someone snuck into a closed NASA facility and snapped some photos.

This doesn't exactly make me feel better about the shuttle being out of service and the US reliance on Russian aerospace to get US astronauts to the ISS!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Actually the guidelines are

: Destroy any public credibility by introducing

Sexual Orientation
Political Ideology
Known Criminal Associations
Financial ( tax avoidance )
Suspected connection to extremists.

All those above WILL give you a world of trouble the moment the machine is put into gear, this is no hypothetical post but rather the real deal.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Also posted in this lengthy thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join