It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien: Prometheus. Let me guess.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by crazyray

No they were sent to the planet LV-426 because the Company told them too go and check it out.
OMG Iam sooo sad I know the name of the planet

now I have the "they were expendable too" speech running through my head.

edit on 29-12-2011 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
...And now back to the new Alien film!!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Sod it Iam gonna watch it NOW!!!!
I was supposed to wash up but nah Alien and a beer eeee I love being off work ill

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyray
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I'm still thankful that I can say I've NEVER seen 'the phantom menace'... I wouldve LOVED to have been there when he pitched the idea of Jar Jar. LOL. Clones was that bad... emphasis on 'that'. =D

Sadly, Lucas didn't have to pitch his ideas for the trilogy, which is probably why they sucked. No one was there to say "Lucas... that's kinda dumb." If you watch the behind the scenes of those movies, you can see he's surrounded himself with an army of kiss asses, which never leads to good filmmaking.
Look at Lord of the Rings trilogy. If you know the behind the scenes of that movie, you'll know that Jackson nearly killed that franchise with "his ideas", but luckily Christopher Lee and some other Tolkien enthusiasts that were on set kept those ideas at bay.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The directors cut of 'Aliens' explains a lot about the motivations of Weyland corp and the reason for the terraforming. Some of the most memorable moments in science fiction history come from those two movies. Such good sci-fi!

Also; We know the Space Jockey's ship arrives on the planet in Prometheus from a quick glimpse in the trailer, and we also get a glimpse of the Space Jockey's chair without the giant alien remains seated in it, so it's safe to say that we might get to see the "Jockey" alive.
And since the Jockey had a ruptured chest in the original Alien film, it's also safe to say that Ridley Scott may be fibbing a little on the absence of the Xenomorph. Maybe they arrive at the very very end of Prometheus? Maybe Weyland corp designed the xenomorph as a bio-weapon, and that's why they've been so hard up to capture it. Not to learn from it, but to get it back? Who knows? Again; color me intrigued.

edit on 29-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'll go see it but didn't they say months ago that the xenomorph would be in this movie when the space jockeys release it to attack the humans for stealing their code and all hell breaks loose or was that changed in the months since I first read that?

Cause I dunno, until the move is released, I don't think I'll believe anything being said even if it's the crew saying it in case it's a diversion to stop anything being leaked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join