It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien: Prometheus. Let me guess.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
A ragtag group of astronauts…land on strange planet…pods…hatch…grow bigger…dark hallways…zap...zap...acid blood…yadda…yadaa.

I really hope not, but I bet it is close to what will happen.

Alien annoys me. What year is it set in and let’s see some of Earth.

If I am wrong I am willing to eat humble pie washed down with anti smug tea.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Apparently it's minus the xenomorph.

(I loved the xenomorph but there's just no acid left in those veins)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I for one can't wait for this film, The director has been planning this Movie since he made the 1st Alien film. Its about the feel of the film, if he can make it as scary as the first Alien film he has done well.
No point slagging off a film which no one has seen yet.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

What were you expecting? and how would seeing a futuristic earth change that?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Youre right i havent seen it yet, but all those VS films have semi ruined it for me.

I would love to see earth,streets,buildings in that universe. and some timeline would be good.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hellooooo.... well actually *spoiler alert* the movie goes like this:

Man discovers ruins of forerunner race in Africa with coordinates. Man goes to coordinates... finds "forerunner race"... *twist!* the forerunners are the space jockeys from the original Alien... Man finds out forerunners have the equivalent of the "bio source code"... man steals it... like 'Prometheus', but its also the name of the ship!...*layered,deep*... forerunners get p.o.'d set off their favorite bioweapon... ill give ya one guess what that bioweapon is....

Charlize Theron...plant by the forerunners. Michael Fassbender... android a la Bishop. Noomi Rapace... a la Sigourney Weaver.

There. Suck that all in. Wait til next year and tell me Im wrong. My question is why TPTB are putting something like this out. Ties into or with a numerous amount of conspiracy/ancient alien/genetic manipulation/ theories. Conditioning the masses much? And yes, I know all this and will still pay for it, Scott gets my cash on goodwill from Alien and Blade Runner. Thoughts on all this? I find it to be a pretty awesome story, but I cant help but see some of the ideas they getting ready to plant in the general movie going public's mind in the middle of summer... thoughts?
edit on 29-12-2011 by crazyray because: im an idiot speller

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Nope. Ridley Scott has specifically stated that the "original xenomorphs", being the Aliens we know, will not appear at all. The movie is actually about the "Space Jockey" that appears briefly in the original Alien movie, ie: the giant skeletal remains they found in the alien ship and is apparently about theirs, and humans, genesis.

screenrant.com...

Scott had the following to say about whether or not the “original” xenomorph from Alien appears in Prometheus:

“Absolutely not. They squeezed it dry. He (the xenomorph) did very well. (He laughs) He survived, he’s now in Disneyland in Orlando, and no way am I going back there. How did he end up in Disneyland? I saw him in Disneyland, Jesus Christ!”

Personally I cannot wait for this movie. While I am a fan of the Alien series, the latter movies were tired and lacking so I am overjoyed that Scott is once again taking the reins.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
A tidy analysis here :-

www.denofgeek.com...

www.denofgeek.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The plot is air tight on this picture, but I know it's suppose to take place in the Alien Universe sans Xenomorphs. I also know it will involve the giant "alien" remains (aka Space Jockey) that were discovered in the first alien film.
The tag line is "The search for our beginning could lead to our end." That alone has me intrigued to no end.
I'm a huge fan of Ridley Scott, and I'm extremely happy he's returning to the franchise, Alien or not.

Personally, I agree with R.Scott. The franchise is dead. After Cameron's 'Aliens' everything else felt... forced.

The Trailer:

edit on 29-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I gotcha on that!!! LOL... he stated also, and I believe Fassbender alluded by saying... "there will be Alien DNA in the movie". Think of it like this... when the Alien came out of the dog in the 1st one... it looked different than in "Aliens" that were coming out of people. The bio source code allows the alien to adapt to whatever its host is/was. Ties in with the plot points. The space jockeys use the aliens to wipe out planets before terraforming them. Ill betcha a Sprite. =D

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

The beginning could be our end is that they ship goes into a wormhole or whatever... and when they come out they think theyre at the space jockey world... but they are actually in the process of terraforming ancient earth. Dun Dun Dun...so when one of the people sacrifice themselves at the end...that person becomes the predecessor to man. Script is online, folks, find it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

OMG thanks for posting the trailer, I hadn't seen it till now

Wow it sent chill's down my spine.
OT but did you know that Scott started out making ad's

www.youtube.com...

This one was voted best ad ever in the UK, eee it's takes me back.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyray

Yeah I saw that but I have seen many scripts which end up to be fake.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Studios release bogus scripts all the time. I wouldn't be too confident you've found the right one. When Star Trek (reboot) came out, there were about seven false scripts running around the web during production, just to keep people in the dark. Who know? Maybe you found the right one. The origins to "earth" sounds interesting, but how did the Nostromo (transport ship from Alien) come across this "origin" of earth in our future? You could say they fell into the same wormhole, but they begin colonizing that world "again" in Aliens? I don't think so.

reply to post by boymonkey74

I've seen that before, but it's been a while. Thanks for posting.
I've always been a fan of Ridley Scott.
Legend, Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, Black Hawk Down, White Squal, Bladerunner, Alien... where do I end?
I even liked his version of Robin Hood, and hear he's making a follow-up.
edit on 29-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
That giant space jockey could be what Joseph P farrell was talking about in his genes and giants book.

OK, no alien in it, i shall check it out.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

true, the Thor script was waaaaay better than the movie turned out. Thanks, Disney. =P

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Scripts are often better than the movies. The Attack of the Clones script was wayyyy better than the movie.... and that's the script Lucas used!!! WTF?!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I thought the transport ship from Alien came across the planet UB-21????? and then they colonized it which lead into aliens?? I guess the space jockey from the first crash landed there at some point??? Maybe to travel back through the wormhole to bring some wrath of the gods to present (our future) day earth? Man, this is what Im talking about... GOOD science fiction, making people think or expand the possibilities of what's 'out there'. Not g-d robots and explosions and screaming for 2 hours.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I'm still thankful that I can say I've NEVER seen 'the phantom menace'... I wouldve LOVED to have been there when he pitched the idea of Jar Jar. LOL. Clones was that bad... emphasis on 'that'. =D

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

No they were sent to the planet LV-426 because the Company told them too go and check it out.
OMG Iam sooo sad I know the name of the planet

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join