It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Navy won't tolerate 'disruption' through Strait of Hormuz

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

U.S. Navy won't tolerate 'disruption' through Strait of Hormuz

edition.cnn.com

The U.S. Navy said Iran's threat to block the strategically and economically important Strait of Hormuz is unacceptable.

"The free flow of goods and services through the Strait of Hormuz is vital to regional and global prosperity," Navy 5th Fleet in Bahrain spokeswoman Cmdr. Amy Derrick Frost told reporters on Wednesday.

"Anyone who threatens to disrupt freedom of navigation in an international strait is clearly outside the community of nations; any disruption will not be tolerated."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The rhythm of the war drums continues to increase as we take another step closer to World War III.

I personally think we need to take a few steps back and worry about the homeland instead of policing the world, and enriching defense contractors and politicians in the name of death... i mean "peace."

edition.cnn.com

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The rhythm of the war drums continues to increase as we take another step closer to World War III.

Nothing left to do but count bodies like sheep.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It's all just the prelude to the symphony of utter destruction that Obama is composing to ensure his re-election in 2012. You know, so riots will erupt here in the US, he declares Martial Law and viola, no one can force Obama off his throne.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

I personally think we need to take a few steps back and worry about the homeland instead of policing the world, and enriching defense contractors and politicians in the name of death... i mean "peace."

edition.cnn.com

Is it not problematic and a violation of international law when freedom of navigation is denied in international waters? Correct me if i'm wrong but people scream every time the US holds maneuvers / war-games, and we have not gone to the extent Iran has in the straights of Hormuz or the threat to shut it down if sanctions are put in place on Iran.

Im guessing since it deals with a country other than the US its ok?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknessMatters
It's all just the prelude to the symphony of utter destruction that Obama is composing to ensure his re-election in 2012. You know, so riots will erupt here in the US, he declares Martial Law and viola, no one can force Obama off his throne.

I love this...

Who do you think will enforce martial law?

I know I won't be, and neither will the officers of my department. The military people we speak to and work with are of the same mind set. So who will enforce martial law?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

edition.cnn.com

Is it not problematic and a violation of international law when freedom of navigation is denied in international waters? Correct me if i'm wrong but people scream every time the US holds maneuvers / war-games, and we have not gone to the extent Iran has in the straights of Hormuz or the threat to shut it down if sanctions are put in place on Iran.

Im guessing since it deals with a country other than the US its ok?

Iran is a messed up crazy country... just like any other.

We threatened sanctions, they threatended back, and then we threatened back.

It's like a bunch of children arguing. Grow the # up and use some diplomacy and stop wasting trillions of tax payers dollars to blow up innocent people. It's a waste of life, money and time.

edit on 28-12-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The U.S. Navy said Iran's threat to block the strategically and economically important Strait of Hormuz is unacceptable.

"Anyone who threatens to disrupt freedom of navigation in an international strait is clearly outside the community of nations; any disruption will not be tolerated."

Well if that isn't a setup for a false flag event...

We should do a pool on which "Power That Be" will sacrifice one of their super tanker/freighters in the strait...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Who do you think will enforce martial law?

I know I won't be, and neither will the officers of my department. The military people we speak to and work with are of the same mind set. So who will enforce martial law?

The sheeple who voted Obama in back in 2008...the same sheeple who will cast their ignorant vote for him again...and the people who are lacking in intelligence which Obama's policies have managed to brainwash. Unfortunately, that counts for millions of people, made obvious by people like the so-called "occupiers" and their Illuminati supporters.

That's just one thought I have on the matter.
edit on 12/28/2011 by DarknessMatters because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IronDogg

False flag, indeed...

All they need to do is sacrafice a cargo ship or tanker "in the name of freedom."

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Sanctions were put in place because Iran decided to ignore obligations they made when they signed up for the IAEA and NPT. Even Russia and China both acknowledge diplomacy is needed to resolve the issue. If there is no issue, then China and Russia would have stated as much, yet they did not.

We, along with the UN, and most recently countries who decided not to do business with Iran issued sanctions. Those countries didn't say they were going to shut down shipping through the straights of Malacca. Why? Because shutting down an important shipping lane that sees a large chunk of international shipping go through it makes no sense when the issue has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Russia is having election issues - lets shut down the Taiwan straight.
North Korea has a new leader - lets shut down Suez.
Chavez is critical of the US - lets shut down the Panama Canal...

See the lunacy in it all, and not just the US reactions?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknessMatters

I asked not to put you on the spot, but to get the point across that the international secret cabal whose plans will be put in motion at any point must face the age old problem -

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time (unless you think NASA faked the mood landings, but that deals with a large enough effects budget and is another topic all together - humor added and intended).

Any order to collect personal weapons, to restrict freedoms and to hope it goes off with no questions asked is a pipe dream. Any order to do just that will be met with the following -

Why?

If that question is not answered with verifiable facts along with some explanation that even Hollywood and Stephen King has not come up with yet, the response will be a resounding -

NO.

If that is the moment badges are collected so be it. It means the people will have armed, trained personnel on their side. It won't stop at the police either..

To assume all levels of government, all branches of government, all police, fire, ems / emergency responders and military officials are going to get the order, shrug, and go along with it without comment, then its not the US that you have lost faith in, its all of humanity.

To be honest i'm not sure whats more insulting -

You thinking every single person involved in government would blindly go forward with the "plot" no questions asked.

or

The government not giving the people enough credit that when presented with a situation of pure right and wrong, that they would be incapable of making the correct decision.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I asked not to put you on the spot, but to get the point across that the international secret cabal whose plans will be put in motion at any point must face the age old problem -

I didn't feel that you put me on the spot at all. I just felt the need to vent my opinion on the whole matter, as I, like so many others; am sick of all this "Wag the Dog" propaganda by our *ahem* in Chief.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

you realise that people claimed that clinton and bush were going to assume dictatorial powers

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknessMatters
I didn't feel that you put me on the spot at all. I just felt the need to vent my opinion on the whole matter, as I, like so many others; am sick of all this "Wag the Dog" propaganda by our *ahem* in Chief.

Certainly a valid point... As with everything though it takes 2 to tango.

Maybe more on trying to get Iran to comply with their obligations and less on blaming the US all the time? I mean if people are going to complain we ignore our obligations, then those same people should be complaining and not clapping when Iran or other countries do the same.

Unless of course you subscribe to the theory of 2 wrongs make a right? Funny enough we all know what 2 wrongs make, and both times it resulted in 2 world wars.

Amazing how thunderous applause can be drowned out by war drums.... Maybe twice in one century was enough for some?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You and your department might not, but I guess you live in fantasyland, not America, because in America I have watched police departments throughout the country beat protesters, arrest them, and vandalize their property for exercising their right of protest.

I'm pretty sure that you and yours will do exactly the same thing if the orders are presented properly. You are such a stickler for what the "law" says that when the "law" is evil, like those things just passed in the NDAA, or soon to be passed SOPA, it will make no difference to you, since it is the "law".

Whether you turn on your fellow Americans boils down to the semantics you exhibit such an overwhelmingly respect for. You have repeatedly justified accepting marginally tolerable to intolerable behavior, because the "law" and "procedures" were properly followed. Rarely have I seen you write that the "law" was wrong or immoral, and even then you advocated trying to change it rather than defying it. So when push comes to shove, I simply can't see you defying the "law", no matter how bad it is, so long as it has been passed, properly or not. I don't see you relishing it, but I'm pretty sure that you will round up those you are told have violated the law you so respect without questioning, so long as the paperwork is in order and the proper procedures followed.

I'm not trying to come down on you, just pointing out that maybe you are being a bit self-delusional, and saying one thing here in the forums is quite a bit harder to live up to in reality.

Police departments throughout the land have already turned on the populace, and it will get far worse this coming year. I do respect you for your attempts to educate, even if you are insufferably condescending at times. But it is time to examine your heart of hearts and to find the line which you will not cross before you are past it unknowing. It is an easy thing to miss it troubled times.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
fair enoughEx but what about all the sh@t they got when they did let in inpectors?
They were still sanctioned and ostracised.
The iranis have a reasonable bitch with the west.....
They may be up to making the bomb, but have likely got it from pakistan or somewhere else already.
The armimg of themselves with nuclear weapons is not really any of our business is it?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Using your logic then I have seen criminals, not protesters, violate the rights of people not involved in their point of view by shutting down their business by refusing to allow people to shop in affected areas. They, the rioters, have harassed, threatened and violently engaged those people. They have gone so far as to destroy not only public but private property as well, in addition to storming the Israeli Embassy in Washington DC and take hostages.

Since you seem to be ok with stereotyping every single Law Enforcement Agency there is in this country and lumping them into one group, then we, again using you logic, can do the same to you?

I live in the US, where as you live in the land of paranoia and ignorance, supported by your lack of distinction and understanding of the difference between what a protest is and what rioting is. As a hint, destruction of property and assault of people and law enforcement is NOT protesting.

Using your logic though im going to just assume the double standard is only applicable when you use it, and not the other way around.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Iran is a messed up crazy country... just like any other.

We threatened sanctions, they threatended back, and then we threatened back.

It's like a bunch of children arguing. Grow the # up and use some diplomacy and stop wasting trillions of tax payers dollars to blow up innocent people. It's a waste of life, money and time.

Agreed !

It's like a bunch of little boys in the sandbox fighting over who has the bigger Tonka truck.

A well-known documented fact about the Persian Gulf war is the fact that the Iraqi sanctions imposed killed tens of thousands of innocents (women, children, elderly, sickly)... more so than the damn war itself. If memory serves me correctly, I believe the numbers were estimated at something like 40,000 innocents died as a result of enforced economic sanctions compared to 20,000 active duty soldiers (on both sides) doing the actual fighting.

Economic sanctions impact non-combatants more so than the combatants themselves. And it seems these sanctions have become the new fad this past decade... claiming to be a more diplomatic way of conducting warfare.

Oh really ? Let's starve out and impoverish an entire nation of innocent civilians because their leaders are beligerent and refuse to fall in line ? Is this what humanitarian diplomacy of warfare relations has come down to ?!

Whatever happened to good old fashioned "jus in bello" principles with regards to the conduct of warfare ?!

Sanctions are just another name for "siege warfare". A pissing contest to see who dies off first... surround the castle and starve them out, who cares who suffers in the process.

"Civilized society", my arse.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
fair enoughEx but what about all the sh@t they got when they did let in inpectors?
They were still sanctioned and ostracised.
The iranis have a reasonable bitch with the west.....
They may be up to making the bomb, but have likely got it from pakistan or somewhere else already.
The armimg of themselves with nuclear weapons is not really any of our business is it?

How long did the UN go without enforcing the sanctions, as well as inspectors, on Iraq? How long did it go with Iraq refusing to allow inspectors not only in country, but access to all sites covered? It wasn't until the very very end, when Hussein saw it was end game, than he tried to avert what was coming by all of a sudden agreeing with inspections.

The exact same game Iran is using. Iran claims they are now allowing inspectors to all sites. Funny enough they failed to disclose the secret facility that was exposed, and they only allowed in inspectors AFTER they refused access over the last year to those sites. Gee, could it be to clean the sites up to remove any possibility of the discovery of something that is not suppose to be there?

When the US is used to enforce sanctions, and the UN is ok in ignoring their responsibilities while US (and in the case of Iraq UK) forces were in harms way with no recourse. So long as someone was minding the store, the UN didnt care about the end game. They would have been content allowing the US and UK to "sit" on the problem for another 10+ years, so long as the UN didnt have to deal with the actual problem.

If people are so damned concerned about countries following through on international obligations, then by God apply those obligations evenly. When you don't, you get countries like Iran feeling they can do whatever they want because your pissed the US does what ever it wants.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join