It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timetravel takes time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Got ya.

Moehahaha!

Just to make a thread out of it. Timetravel takes time. Could there be time within time. Dimensions of time.

I'm confused!

One time. Have a good time! See you within some time.
We don't know what we say. Time, it's just what we suffer. Yoo!!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Time doesn't exists.

An illusion made by our conscience so we don't sleep for 12 days in a row and starve to death.

We really are just a bunch of chemical reactions happening on some small little rock hurdling through space...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I wonder if all chemical reactions have thought?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I was immediately reminded of a Stephen King story: The Jaunt

"The Jaunt" is a short story by Stephen King first published in The Twilight Zone Magazine in 1981...

...The story takes place early in the 24th century, when the technology for teleportation, referred to as "Jaunting", is commonplace, allowing for instantaneous transportation across enormous distances, even to other planets in the solar system.

...As a family prepares to be "Jaunted" to Mars, the father entertains his two children by recounting the curious tale of the discovery and history of this crude form of teleportation. He explains how the scientist who serendipitously discovered it quickly learned that it had a disturbing, inexplicable effect on the mice he "sent through"- the mice would either die instantly or behave erratically before dying moments later, eventually concluding that they could only survive the "Jaunt effect" while unconscious. That, the father explains, is why all people must undergo general anaesthesia before using the Jaunt.

Spoier:

...After the father finishes his story, the family is subjected to the sleeping gas and Jaunted to Mars. When the father wakes, he finds that his inquisitive son held his breath in order to experience the Jaunt while conscious, and has been rendered completely insane. Hair white with shock, corneas yellowed with age, clawing out his own eyes, the boy confirms the terrible nature of the conscious Jaunt: "Longer than you think, Dad! It's longer than you think!"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

You're a funny chemical reaction. Perhaps someday you'll use our chemical reactions to find ourself again.

To OP:
Time is simply the measurement of change according to one reference point, just like a "meter" or a "foot". Between Now... and Now... there is infinite time.

This is why a person can have their consciousness affected by something and experience "10 hours" of experience, while their observing friends only experienced 5 minutes.

Given the appropriate perspective, time travel is little more than picking your pencil up off the paper, and putting it back down in another place. We "dimension travel" in 2D via our 3D vantage point with ease. A 2D awareness however wouldn't be able to do it because you have to leave the confines, look at the terrain from the outside, and re-enter. Time travel won't be due to some 3D+Time physical process, it will be due to shifting out and back in much like when we draw on something.

The drawing is of course a metaphor for the perspective and the "so simple a child could do it" truth of almost everything once we actually understand it fully.

This also explains why there wouldn't actually be any paradox to time travel. There is nothing paradoxical about what we can do in 2D relative to our 3D vantage point, but when only "thinking in 2D", all sorts of things can look crazy and impossible.

edit on 2011/12/28 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion
reply to post by truthinfact

To OP:
Time is simply the measurement of change according to one reference point, just like a "meter" or a "foot". Between Now... and Now... there is infinite time.

This is why a person can have their consciousness affected by something and experience "10 hours" of experience, while their observing friends only experienced 5 minutes.

edit on 2011/12/28 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

When people talk about these things they leave important details. Such as our galaxy's shape and size. Witch probably create all of our natural laws. I would be willing to bet in other galaxy's that are not spirals, that their are some HUGE time and space differences. Traveling in a car for 10 min will fell shorter then siting in a car for 10min. A spiral galaxy moves its way threw space. I wonder what it would be like to be in another Galaxy witch is traveling at a slower speed and is not spiral.

Does our orientation in space and the make of our galaxy effect what we know as "natural law" Maybe I could live in a Galexy for 10years and it would fell like I just got 10000 years worth of experience.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
Time doesn't exists.

An illusion made by our conscience so we don't sleep for 12 days in a row and starve to death.

We really are just a bunch of chemical reactions happening on some small little rock hurdling through space...

If time doesn't exist space doesn't exist, space and time are one. Last I checked space-time was everywhere in this 3rd dimension. It's the most basic concept yet few I've met can grasp it, it's the Einstein for dummies, yet few still can't seem to grasp it, not saying everyone is an idiot, but few attempt to grasp it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Actually your first stance is more fundamentally correct from my vantage point. However it doesn't help us "work with" it from inside the illusion, thus why we work with them as if they are fundamental. So we have two ways we can talk about it.

Kind of like how the Time/Space in a video game doesn't "exist", however the "creatures" contained within will still experience them with full spacial and time properties when it is "running". However two different games can have entirely different space and time properties relative to each other, despite running on the same fundamental "system".

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
use the time at hand. Time can make you feel what you don't realy recall consciously! Maybe when we use the time at hand there is a consciousness we put aside. Like being unaware of time. Maybe on the other moments we should become more aware of time. It seems for us time sometimes doesn't exist. What is it that I think of time?

This is crazy.
Just now the thought crossed my mind I should tune myself out with all planes of existence. To find balance in that. Very crazy. Planes of existence. What will happen to me?

Sometimes life isn't so funny to me. Just myself. A human can become very scared etc.

Maybe the time to think about time will come in time. Right now it seems I won't get very far.

Use the time at hand. Am I awake?

new topics

top topics

join