It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiment by the CDC in case of "Zombie" apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
A friend told me that the Center for Disease Control made plans solid enough to shut the US down in 24 hours or less. Too much Sci-fi movies? I think testing would be appropriate regarding biological warfare. Are these two issues one and the same?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mickd1337

A friend told you?? can you find proof that the cdc is actually able to do that .. and it could jus be preparation for terrorist attacks. i see no reason for a zombie apocalypes even though i think that would be sweet

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I remember a few months ago where I read an article talking about a Zombie Outbreak and how it may be possible.

I don't remember where I read the story from, but basically they said if you combined x virus with z virus, and then added xz virus ontop of it, then it would virtually turn a person into the type of zombie you see on the movie 28 days later.

I think reanimation of dead tissue is a bit of a streach, but a virus designed to make a person go insane and kill anyone around them isn't as far from truth as we may think.

If the zombie outbreak starts - I know where I'm going and my weapon of choice, lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

I'm paranoid
I've played Resident Evil games thousands of times too many!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mickd1337

Here you go...

Read all about it.

Social Media: Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse

The following was originally posted on CDC Public Health Matters Blog on May 16th, 2011 by Ali S. Khan.

There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for. Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That’s right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you’ll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you’ll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency.

A Brief History of Zombies
We’ve all seen at least one movie about flesh-eating zombies taking over (my personal favorite is Resident Evil), but where do zombies come from and why do they love eating brains so much? The word zombie comes from Haitian and New Orleans voodoo origins. Although its meaning has changed slightly over the years, it refers to a human corpse mysteriously reanimated to serve the undead. Through ancient voodoo and folk-lore traditions, shows like the Walking Dead were born.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
On CDC webpage they have a Zombie preparation area.Just go to there website and type zombies in the search box

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
you cant close a country down in a zombie outbreak, wouldn't those guarding the ports eventually get infected, wont survivors on the run do anything to get out of there.
hmm what would be the most likely cause of zombies?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The CDC is just explaining that there are diseases that can cause a zombie like state (rabies) which the US has under control, but other countries don't.

The CDC doesn't "shut down the country". the locals and the state have been preparing for the past several years, because endemic/pandemic control happens on a local level.

www.cdc.gov...

If there is an emergency of any kind, the states respond first, if they start running out of supplies, then the CDC and FEMA are hit up.

Every state has an SNS accordance to the population.

The 24 hour response can apply to anything. During an anthrax attack, antibiotics have to be administered in 48 hours. Which means that the state only has 12 hours to set up dispensing areas, and if more antibiotics are needed, the CDC only has 12 hours to distribute to the state.

This is completely left up to local jurisdictions because they are the only ones that know their population, LEO, and layout. They have to work with many agencies and private companies to get the bodies and the protection needed to administer medications in an event.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
"Doomsday" sprang to Mind reading this thread :-

www.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Man if this was the case then like what that hillbilly guy said in left 4 dead 2 "kill all sons of b*tches that's my official instruction"
edit on 28-12-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
they ran afew excersises on how to survive a major event and to get more people interested they used a 'zombie apocalypse' as their 'event'. zombies are very popular atm and they took advantage of this to get people interested in survival skills which would come in handy for any number of situations

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I did a Zombie Apocalypse theme at Christmas this year for some gifts ... Zombie Apocalypse pajamas, Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guides, Zen with Zombies book, Zombie Apocalypse T SHirts and hunting liscenses. All sorts of fun stuff. I'm in the middle of reading 'Pride Prejudice and Zombies'. It's a hoot.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
October 12, 2011 - CNN

Atlanta (CNN) -- An official with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been arrested and charged with two counts of child molestation and one count of bestiality, police said.

Police arrested Dr. Kimberly Quinlan Lindsey, 44, in DeKalb County, Georgia, on Sunday.

Prior to her current role, Lindsey was the senior health scientist in the Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response. That office oversees the allocation process for $1.5 billion in terrorism preparedness.

In her 12 years at the CDC, Lindsey has received 12 awards for outstanding performance on projects and programs, according to her bio on Emory University's Biological and Biomedical Sciences website. Lindsey earned her doctorate in immunology and molecular pathogenesis from the university in 1998, a year before she began work at the CDC.
CDC official accused of child molestation, bestiality

Another high level nut exposed.

Is She a "terror threat" ?

I wonder if the movie "Pet Sematary" inspired her

top topics

join