It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK Assassination Quotes by Government Officials

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
"STATION WOULD APPRECIATE EFFORT TO DELETE PHOTO FROM PUBLICATION.”

— Mexico City CIA Station, Sept. 25, 1964, asking that CIA HQ attempt to convince the Warren Commission not to publish the photograph of the Mexico City “mystery man.”

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
our Government is the CIA and the Pentagon, with Congress reduced to a debating society

… We won't build Dachaus and Auschwitzes; the clever manipulation of the mass media is

creating a concentration camp of the mind that promises to be far more effective in keeping

the populace in line … I've learned enough about the machinations of the CIA in the past year

to know that this is no longer the dream world America I once believed in … Huey Long once

said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security.-Jim Garrison

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
“Nixon liked a dry martini and he liked to talk politics. He was circumspect and never overtly said “LBJ did it” but he did say a number of things that more than indicate he believed this.” — Roger Stone, Republican political consultant.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
“I think that the report, to those who have studied it closely, has collapsed like a house of cards, and I think the people who read it in the long run future will see that. I frankly believe that we have shown that the [investigation of the] John F. Kennedy assassination was snuffed out before it even began, and that the fatal mistake the Warren Commission made was not to use its own investigators, but instead to rely on the CIA and FBI personnel, which played directly into the hands of senior intelligence officials who directed the cover-up.”

— Senator Richard Schweiker on “Face the Nation” in 1976.

Republican Schweiker and Democrat Gary Hart headed the Church Committee subcommittee that produced the report entitled “The Investigation of the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy: Performance of the Intelligence Agencies.”

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
“Jim would prefer to wait out the Commission on the matter covered by paragraph 2…”

— CIA’s Raymond Rocca, writing to Richard Helms regarding counterintelligence chief James Angleton’s desire to stonewall the Warren Commission on certain CIA materials passed to the Secret Service.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
“I now no longer believe anything the Agency [CIA] told the committee any further than I can obtain substantial corroboration for it from outside the Agency for its veracity…. “

— G. Robert Blakey, former Chief Counsel to the House Select Committee on Assassinations

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
“We also now know that the Agency set up a process that could only have been designed to frustrate the ability of the committee in 1976-79 to obtain any information that might adversely affect the Agency. Many have told me that the culture of the Agency is one of prevarication and dissimulation and that you cannot trust it or its people. Period. End of story. I am now in that camp."-G.Robert Blakey

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
“… his client, Dr. Burkley … had never been interviewed and … he has information in the Kennedy assassination indicating that others besides Oswald must have participated.”

— From a conversation with the lawyer for Dr. George Burkley, JFK’s personal White House physician, who signed the death certificate and was the only doctor present both at Parkland Hospital in Dallas and at the Bethesda autopsy.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
“Should have phoney 201 in RI to backstop this, all documents therein forged & backdated. Should look like a CE file…….Cover: planning should include provision for blaming Sovs or Czechs in case of blow.”

— Excerpt from “Project ZRRIFLE” notes, created in December 1960, by William K. Harvey, the CIA officer in charge of this assassinations project.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

mike dangerously
“Nixon liked a dry martini and he liked to talk politics. He was circumspect and never overtly said “LBJ did it” but he did say a number of things that more than indicate he believed this.” — Roger Stone, Republican political consultant.

Richard Nixon would really like us all to believe that! LBJ and RN had a strange, twisted relationship... all three of them were Navy officers, by the way. JFK, Nixon and LBJ.

It is a tangled web and I would take anything RN says about it with a truckload of salt!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

I know that anything Nixon said has to be suspect but,it is interesting to get his version of events.He suspected that LBJ had something to do with it.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
“The government created these recordings. The editing shows that somebody made decisions about what they wanted the public to know and hear and what they didn’t want the public to know and hear.”-

Audio engineer Ed Primeau on tapes of conversations from Air Force One, the presidential jet, on November 22, 1963, the day President John F. Kennedy was shot dead in Dallas.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I would love to get a deathbed confession out of Bush Sr when that time comes. If anybody alive knows the truth, it's him.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

“I said that Casasin was another problem. The man had worked for us abroad under non-official cover …. He had run an agent into the USSR, that man having met a Russian girl and eventually marrying her. Our assumption is that the interest in the man is that the agent was successful in getting his Russian wife out of the country, as Oswald was in getting Marina out … “

— CIA memo on meeting with staff of House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA).

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
“I clearly heard Dr. Finck … complain that he had been unable to locate the handwritten notes that he had taken during the autopsy …. Dr. Finck concluded his story by angrily stating that he had to reconstruct his notes from memory shortly after the autopsy.”

— Affidavit of Leonard D. Saslaw, Ph.D. In 1996, Dr. Saslaw signed an affidavit recounting that JFK autopsy pathologist Dr. Pierre Finck had “with considerable irritation” told of his post-washup search for the notes he had taken during the autopsy.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
“It’s possible. It could happen in this country, but the conditions would have to be just right. If, for example, the country had a young President, and he had a Bay of Pigs, there would be a certain uneasiness. Maybe the military would do a little criticizing behind his back, but this would be written off as the usual military dissatisfaction with civilian control.”

JFK went on:

“Then if there were another Bay of Pigs, the reaction of the country would be, ‘Is he too young and inexperienced?’ The military would almost feel that it was their patriotic obligation to stand ready to preserve the integrity of the nation, and only God knows just what segment of democracy they would be defending if they overthrew the elected establishment…. Then, if there were a third Bay of Pigs, it could happen…. But it won’t happen on my watch.”

— President John F. Kennedy
edit on 023030p://3626 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

edit on 023030p://3726 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Interesting quotes in a very good article. I have one question though, why doesn't the present Gov't administration reopen an investigation into JFK's assassination today before the witnesses die off? Murder has no statute of limitations.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico They don't wanna open a can of worms here with the JFK case.It's why they fight every attempt to declassify the files.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously
For more interesting info: look at the old photos of Robert's assasination and tell me,

A] How did someone shooting from the front hit him behind the left ear ?
B] Why did a California Cop / Security guard violate dress code of the day, wearing a clip on tie, when regs called for full size hand knots ?

Never convince me Sirhan-Sirhan fired 14 rounds [bullet holes] from a 9 shot .22 revolver..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join