JFK Assassination Quotes by Government Officials

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Robert Kennedy, Attorney General and brother of JFK:

"There's so much bitterness I thought they would get one of us, but Jack, after all he'd been through, never worried about it."
- Brothers, by David Talbot, p. 4, quoting Justice Department spokesman Edwin Guthman, who was with RFK on the afternoon of the JFK assassination.

"One of your guys did it."
- Brothers, by David Talbot, p. 10, quoting Haynes Johnson in Wash. Post of 17 Apr 1981 and personal interviews, about a comment made over the phone within hours of JFK's murder. There remains disagreement and confusion over whether RFK said this to friend and Cuban exile leader Harry Ruiz-Williams or to Haynes Johnson himself, as Johnson implied in a later article (the two men were together when the call from RFK came). According to Talbot, Johnson today insists that RFK said it to Williams.

Edward Kennedy, Senator and brother of JFK:

"There has to be more to it."
- The Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy, by Jonn Christian and William Turner, p. xv. NBC correspondent Sander Vanocur, the source of this statement, rode on the plane with Ted Kennedy which carried RFK's body back from Los Angeles to New York; Kennedy had talked bitterly of the "faceless men" with no apparent motive charged in the slaying of both his brothers and Martin Luther King, Jr.

Lyndon Johnson, president:

"I'll tell you something about Kennedy's murder that will rock you.....Kennedy was trying to get Castro, but Castro got to him first."
- from How CIA Plot to Kill Castro Backfired, 2 Aug 1976, by Harry Altshuler, quoting Howard K. Smith interview of LBJ.

If you wish to read some more interesting quotes:JFK Assassination quotes

There's Johnson trying to deflect as usual his pronouncements just add to his guilt to me.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
“This is almost as bad as the appeasement at Munich.”-- Air Force General Curtis LeMay, to JFK

“Vous me blaguez! [You're kidding me.] Cowboys and Indians!”-- French President Charles DeGaulle, on being briefed by a reporter on the lone-nut theory

“An investigation of the Kennedy assassination was a project I suggested when I first entered the White House [in 1969]. I had always been intrigued with the conflicting theories of the assassination. Now I felt we would be in a position to get all the facts. But Nixon turned me down.”- H.R Haldeman, chief of staff to President Richard Nixon

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
“Perhaps there was only one assassin, but he did not act alone…..Dallas was the ideal location for such a crime.”

– William Walton, a friend of the Kennedys, speaking on behalf of Robert and Jacqueline Kennedy. Walton delivered his message in Moscow to Georgi Bolshakov, who had been a backchannel to the Soviet leadership and was asked to repeat it to Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev. This incident occurred a week after the assassination.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
“I came to the conclusion that there was some sort of conspiracy, probably involving the mob, anti-Castro Cuban exiles, and maybe rogue CIA agents.”

– RFK’s press secretary Frank Mankiewicz

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
“If the CIA did find out what we were doing [talks toward normalizing relations with Cuba], this would have trickled down to the lower echelon of activists, and Cuban exiles, and the more gung-ho CIA people who had been involved since the Bay of Pigs….I can understand why they would have reacted so violently. This was the end of their dreams of returning to Cuba, and they might have been impelled to take violent action. Such as assassinating the President.”

— Former Ambassador to the UN William Attwood, quoted in Anthony Summers’ Not in Your Lifetime. Attwood was selected by President Kennedy to explore a rapprochement with Castro in the fall of 1963.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
"Some authors have speculated that Kennedy's assassination was the work of powerful financial, military and intelligence community interests who feared that Kennedy might reverse not only racial discrimination but also anti-Communist belligerence. If history ever proves that horrific thesis correct, and those conspirators hoped by killing Kennedy to block the civil rights and peace movements in this country, one thing is clear--they failed." - Ted Sorenson

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
“I think this record ought to be destroyed.”

— Warren Commissioner Allen Dulles, during a January 22, 1964, executive session at which the allegation that Lee Harvey Oswald was a paid informant for the FBI was discussed. The transcript was indeed destroyed, but an original court reporter’s tape was later recovered and the transcript re-made from it after a long legal battle brought by Harold Weisberg.

Warren Commission executive session.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
JFK exposed the secret government in a public speech, then was assassinated.

Since then Americans' votes havent really been the deciding factor in who gets the presidency.

Not only is US not a democracy, but nor it is an elective republic.

What is it? Something worse than communism. Currently, the bane of all human existence (refer to atom & nuke bombings of civilians)

edit on 1-3-2013 by KamaSutra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
“After those interviews with Arlen Specter, my belief in that Government would never be the same.”

— Investigative journalist Gaeton Fonzi, writing about his 1966 interviews with former Warren Commission staff lawyer Arlen Specter. At the urging of Philadelphia lawyer Vincent Salandria, and at a time when the Commission’s medical conclusions were being questioned, Fonzi conducted a series of interviews with Specter and found his responses wanting. Fonzi later worked for the Church Committee and the House Select Committee on Assassinations, and wrote The Last Investigation, where this quote appears (p.27).

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
“I now no longer believe anything the Agency [CIA] told the committee any further than I can obtain substantial corroboration for it from outside the Agency for its veracity…. We also now know that the Agency set up a process that could only have been designed to frustrate the ability of the committee in 1976-79 to obtain any information that might adversely affect the Agency. Many have told me that the culture of the Agency is one of prevarication and dissimulation and that you cannot trust it or its people. Period. End of story. I am now in that camp.”

— G. Robert Blakey, former Chief Counsel to the House Select Committee on Assassinations.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Some pretty interesting quotes. Unfortunately, this will always be a case that will never be solved. Somebody did get away with murder IMO.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Jam,I think the quote from Blakey was telling.It makes you wonder what else did the intelligence community keep from the HSCA.I know some people would say they were just protecting the "institution" We all know it was to protect the people who where behind the murder of JFK.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
“We have an explanation there in the autopsy that probably a fragment came out the front of the neck.”

— Warren Commission Counsel J. Lee Rankin, in an executive session of Jan. 27, 1964. The official autopsy report contains no such statement, though there are some indications in the record that an early conclusion was that JFK’s throat wound was caused by the exit of a bullet fragment from the head shot.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
“So he was contacting one or two embassies trying to get financial aid in order to Mexico City [sic] where he was at the time … he did say he was broke.”

— CIA translator Anna Tarasoff, telling HSCA investigators about a missing phone call in which Oswald, or someone using his name, requested financial assistance from the Soviets to leave the U.S.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

The congressional team that hired Gaeton Fonzi was the only government investigation into the JFK assasination that did not assume that Lee Harvey Oswald did it. It was ended due to congressional election sensitivities.

from the audiobook "Who Shot JFK?" author Robin Ramsay.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
“If you put the murder of the president of the United States at one end of the scale, and you put that waif Oswald on the other end, it just doesn’t balance,” he said. “And you want to put something on Oswald’s side to make it balance. A conspiracy would do that beautifully. Unfortunately, there is no evidence whatever of that.”

— William Manchester to the New York Times, 1999.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Don't forget the bullets flying at 90 degree angles through moving targets, no less.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
“The panel itself was unable to examine the brain because it is among certain autopsy materials which are unaccounted for.”

— House Select Committee on Assassination, Volume VII, p. 177

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Wesley Liebeler:“Mr. Marcus, sometimes we get caught up in things that are bigger than we are.”

— Researcher Raymond Marcus, writing in Addendum B: Addendum to the HSCA, the Zapruder Film, and the Single Bullet Theory

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join