It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappeared under NDAA? This is what will happen to you

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

some people do not get the act of being hostile and belligerent, to do so, or act in such away, you give up your rights as a Citizen of the US, and thus, you can and will be detained.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So if you're worried that you're going to be thrown in jail never to be seen again I say, keep your nose clean. You're not a terrorist. You will be fine. If you are a normal person, goes to work, has a family, pays taxes and generally just lives life you have absolutly nothing to worry about regarding this law. Heck even if your a six pack a day wife beater you have nothing to worry about. They are not going to simply pull poeple they dont like off the streets and lock them away. I am not worried. I do not engage in any activities that could even remotely be construed as terroristic.
Timoty McVee didnt wear a turban. Ted Kozinski didnt wear a truban. These are the kinds of people that this law will target. Not average citizens out for a Sunday walk.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

have you ever called your Senator? or your State rep on a bill or law, to say no you do not like it? Been to a rally to fight for what you thought was right, if not... well then your fine.

edit on 28-12-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Calm down fella, this isnt 1940's Germany. This is America. You have a voice. You have rights. If you're not a terrorist you have nothing to worry about.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by Afterthought
To add to the information in my post above, who are today's "undesirables"?
- Dirty hippies
- Protesters
- Anyone unemployed
- Anyone on food stamps
- Conspiracy theorists
- Terrorists as well as anyone who falls into this category as it expands to include anyone who voices displeasure against the system

Ack! I am...a dirty hippy, protester, unemployed, on food stamps AND conspiracy aware!

The term "terrorist" has become organic meaning that it has taken on a life of its own and is swallowing up to include anyone the government feels are threats to national security, which includes actions as well as ideas or even the possibility that someone may be too powerful and gaining recognition as well as popularity with their anti-government views.

Likely a "terrorist," too. Oh, They're gonna come for ME, tell You what!

Pluh-ese, who says Dirty Hippies anymore. Commie pink-o fags. Yeah Groovy Man, I mean far out.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Why would someone on this site be labled a terrorist? We don't terrorise anyone, expect each other with the end of the world coming every other day.
We ask questions , we make guesses and we make things up about controversial subjects but nothing that I've seen comes across as terrorism.
Now if they start locking up people for acts of stupidism, we better head for the hills.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by stinger94

in your question as to what your missing it is right here form your post

2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.
the line that has me bugged know how the Gov thinks and works is this

or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.

does not seem that intimidating nor worry some as it is read but how it could be missed used.
That is to say: protesters or Unions that go on strike and interfere with Gov operations or block Fed buildings, court houses, roads, streets,or docks could be seen as such, hostile and belligerent persons.

Ones that do not cooperate with law enforcement or Mil personal, or do not leave or disperse when asked too. OWS is a good example or this so is anti war protesters dock worker unions and ones that just want to protest this does not mean just here in the USA but any were as well if you say your not for the USA and protest against in a hostile and belligerent manner then you could be on the list or the group could be.

No , union strikes are protected by the constitution. We have laws for peaceful protests and if someone is on strike and following the law regarding portests then they will not be labled belligerent. In this case if the strike did turn ugly it would be delt with by local authorities and not the federal govt. These examples are getting pretty extreme. We still have freedom of speech and so even if you're not "for" the USA you can still say so and not worry.
These laws are so obviously for really bad people, people we need to be protected from. These are the bad guys folks not the shop steward from Local 851.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

have you ever called your Senator? or your State rep on a bill or law, to say no you do not like it? Been to a rally to fight for what you thought was right, if not... well then your fine.

No actually I havent but I have protested at the local city level and I attend our city council meetings when there is something on the adgenda that affects me. I have been on strike with a labor union and I protested during the Vietman war on a local level an NY. I am still fine.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by bekod

Actually yes it's law.

President Obama has signed the defense authorization bill that funds Pentagon operations,

Actually no, it is not law. It is merely legislation and legislation is demonstrably not law. Further, this codification of a practice that has all ready been going on for some time is undeniably unconstitutional. No Act of Legislation by the U.S.can be counted as law if it is contrary to the Constitution for the United States of America.

The federal government is not the only Executive branch that has been shamefully and willfully disregarding due process of law. In any given city, town, or community, in any given state, there are plenty of LEO's that have been systematically spitting all over due process of law for quite a long time.

Legislation is not, nor has it ever been, law. Sir Isaac Newton did not legislate gravity into existence, nor did he legislate the universal bodies in motion into law, they were laws he discovered, and there is no difference between that and the law that legislatures are expected to legislate.

How does this understanding prevent the federal government from using the military to silence political dissent? It doesn't, not anymore than legislating and codifying the unlawful act of murder prevents people from murdering, nor anymore than legislating and codifying the unlawful act of theft prevents people from thieving...unless, of course, a mass understanding were to occur and based upon that mass understanding of law the masses simply declined to continue "voluntarily" assessing their own tax liability for this so called "Personal Income Tax" that is funding this outrageous criminality.

Afraid of the beast? Stop feeding it!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed

In America, Obama can now make you 'disappear' like in the USSR or North Korea.

In America, Obama can now make military moves against American crowds like in Syria or Libya.

Oh, so all of these issues will magically go bye-bye if someone other than Obama gets elected next year?

It takes all of 2 seconds to glance at your profile to know that you're operating on an exceedingly skewed agenda.

The past 3 years would have been rainbows and gum drops had McCain/Palin been elected. Yeah, right.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Calm down fella, this isnt 1940's Germany. This is America. You have a voice. You have rights. If you're not a terrorist you have nothing to worry about.

This is EXACTLY what people in Germany in the 30s said, or Russia in 1914. How'd that work out for them?

"If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about"....that's what a lot of people in Chile in the 70s said. They still can't account for MILLIONS of people "disappeared" during that time.

Yeah, you've got nothing to worry about. Sure thing.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I wonder who will be the first to go? Militia members? Ron Paul supporters? Alex Jones? ATS members?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wow! Some people really need to check their history books.

Nobody uses the word "dirty hippies" anymore? Please tell me what rock you've been hiding under. It appears that it's pretty safe there since this term has been on the radio as well as ATS quite frequently in the past few months.

In the book I quoted on the second page of this thread, there is a chapter discussing how people's neighbors simply vanished. They didn't question it because they figured there was some sort of family emergency or they hadn't paid their mortgage or rent. Aren't we seeing this now with the housing crisis?

Wake up, folks. I know ignorance is so much easier and less stressful, but the wake up call you're about the get is going to shock you like a bolt of lightning.

Also, if you want to believe that you are above being considered a terrorist by not bringing attention to yourselves by obeying all laws and keeping your nose clean, you've been thoroughly brainwashed. By the time you realize that you need to stand up against the system because you've decided you don't like where it's going after all, it will be too late.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

But we are not them and this is America. Sorry you're not gonna convince me. I've lived long enought to know better. This whole thread is just people grasping at something they think is going to mean something in their lives when it will not. Unless you're one of those target people.
There are no camps we are going to be carted off to there will be no martial law. This is just plain old fear mongering and it happens 24/7 on this site.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

it happens 24/7 on this site

You're more than free to go elsewhere and leave us to "fearmonger". So, exercise your right to leave. No passport necessary.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by Afterthought
To add to the information in my post above, who are today's "undesirables"?
- Dirty hippies
- Protesters
- Anyone unemployed
- Anyone on food stamps
- Conspiracy theorists
- Terrorists as well as anyone who falls into this category as it expands to include anyone who voices displeasure against the system

Ack! I am...a dirty hippy, protester, unemployed, on food stamps AND conspiracy aware!

The term "terrorist" has become organic meaning that it has taken on a life of its own and is swallowing up to include anyone the government feels are threats to national security, which includes actions as well as ideas or even the possibility that someone may be too powerful and gaining recognition as well as popularity with their anti-government views.

Likely a "terrorist," too. Oh, They're gonna come for ME, tell You what!

Pluh-ese, who says Dirty Hippies anymore. Commie pink-o fags. Yeah Groovy Man, I mean far out.

I was merely responding to the original post - and I consider Myself a "dirty hippy" insofar as I am for peace, prosperity, Human dignity. I use...herbal...pain-killers and and likely am closer to "hippy" than anything else.

I am not a "commie" nor a "pinko" nor a fag. (Nor do I tend to say "groovy" or "far out...")

I AM trying to save this planet by eliminating the need for money, the accounting tool used to account for meaningful energy expended - if You're interested, please visit My thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[smile]

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Why would someone on this site be labled a terrorist? We don't terrorise anyone, expect each other with the end of the world coming every other day.
We ask questions , we make guesses and we make things up about controversial subjects but nothing that I've seen comes across as terrorism.
Now if they start locking up people for acts of stupidism, we better head for the hills.

The fact that we discuss some of the things we do on this site is probably enough to brand us terrorists, in "ssomeone's" eyes.

Typically conspiracy-theorists might not be off the radar and the chance that somebody makes a guess and stumbles onto the truth of something "they" wanted to keep hidden...yeah i wouldn't doubt it. The good thing for them about conspiracy theorists is that they can say conspiracy theorists are crazy and have them locked away in a nuthouse and just because someone said these people were crazy everyone else will automatically believe it and shy away like they have the black plague.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

reply to post by CaptChaos

But we are not them and this is America. Sorry you're not gonna convince me. I've lived long enought to know better. This whole thread is just people grasping at something they think is going to mean something in their lives when it will not. Unless you're one of those target people.
There are no camps we are going to be carted off to there will be no martial law. This is just plain old fear mongering and it happens 24/7 on this site.

But "WE" are slowly becoming "THEM".

The DHS & Co. have been adding labels to the terrorist lists for a long time now.
Re-defining, creating new groups, targeting normal people, etc.

Many things considered normal years ago are now "terrorist" activities.....

By Americans !

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

You are making a very distinct contrast and not merely playing semantics as I believe some who have read what you have written have thought. But such is drilling into the philosophical nature of the Rule of Law and that Law is Just; as opposed to the Rule of Man, in which anything can become law and has no justice except for those that make the law.

Though, I believe such a discussion is warranted and needed with so many asking "What can we do to combat this?" The first step is to recognize that it is just merely legislation placed upon a people; whereas Law is just that, Law. We can legislate and codify theft as you said, but such legislation is squarely founded on the principles of personal property Rights.

I know the argument is geared and focused towards the possible indefinite detention of United States citizen's, but such legislation goes against the grain of the Natural Rights of Man and their Right to not only know their crime, but also to face their accuser and be judged not by the State -- rather by fellow Man. That principle extends far beyond the borders of the United States and until more people begin to recognize that no State gives us anything except ordered tyranny (some less and some more so; in the case of the United States it was done so in a pact between States and the People; and the Federal Government).

This is just another battle in the longest war mankind has been engaged in: Individualism v. the State.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I would just like to add for all the Obama-bots out there. . . .

Next year we may have a new president.
A republican!

Would you want a republican with these same powers and controls?

(cue dramatic music)

Great point, regardless of what political party you represent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join