It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hold the Phone, It's a Sex Toy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
www.wired.com...

Hold the Phone, It's a Sex Toy

By Leander Kahney

02:00 AM Apr. 12, 2003 PT

Giving new meaning to the term phone sex, a British company is selling software that transforms a cell phone into a sex toy.

Vibelet.com's Purring Kitty software, launched last week, turns certain Nokia cell phones with vibrating ring capabilities into a "discrete, vibrating massager."

"Its tender purring vibrations provide perfect company on even the loneliest winter nights!" champions the website.

"No, it's not a joke," said the developer, who asked to be known as "Zoe Walsh" rather than his real name. "That's one of our biggest problems, in fact. We had to delay the launch date to avoid April 1. It's a joke product, but it definitely works."

The software, which costs UKGP 1.50 (about $2.35), is downloaded straight to the phone via a WAP link. Once installed, it has just two controls: Start and Pause. While running, an image of a contented cat is displayed on the phone's screen.

Walsh, the 25-year-old co-founder of what he described as a "pretty well-known" mobile-phone game publisher, which he didn't want associated with the Purring Kitty spinoff, conducted most of his market research at his pub.

"The reaction has been pretty good," Walsh said. "There's a clear 50/50 split. Half the girls know immediately what it's about. The other half look at the kitty and say, 'Aw, that's cute, but why is it vibrating?' Then the penny drops."

Walsh said word of the software is starting to spread and it has already been downloaded a few dozen times without any advertising. He knew of only one instance of it being used for its intended purpose.

"This girl in the pub grabbed my phone, put it down her front pocket and wouldn't give it back to me until the batteries had run down," Walsh said. "It's the only confirmed use I know of. She had a very pleasant time."

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
OK.....

But dont we have a problem with short enough battery life as it is????

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What will they think of next
? I can just see that now, a cell phone as a sex toy. The people these days.

AF1

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Um, how do they clean it off after use?

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So what do you do when you need to borrow someones phone???

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I WANT IT !!! ... Getting it too!!

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
it'd be funny if the radiation or whatnot gave ppl some weird type of sideeffects like uhh i dunno? dun wanta think either

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I WANT IT !!! ... Getting it too!! Posted by E nonymous

Going to give it to the wife? Or someone else???

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Pfft ... for myself lol

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
how well a vibrator works on a dude? uhh, i need to talk to my gf. lol that's gonna be interesting

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I can vibrate my ball sack lol

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Pretty neat, but will it ever replace the sybian or the butterfly????

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm with DR on this one... Cell batteries already go dead just by looking at 'em....they don't need another reason, hehe...

arc

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
sounds like another reason to ban your kids from having a mobile phone. I'm still amused that they had to ban the Harry Potter vibrating broomstick due to 'misuse' by young girls

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I saw a commercial for a phone that takes digital pictures, if they combine that phone with the features for this vibrator phone that could make for some very interesting pictures!!

arc

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
ewww no

DIY traffic accident photos

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Damn, I must be the only one on this board that doesn't have a cell phone.
I hate them, they are used primairly for chit chat / small talk, like, how are you?, where are you now?...

The comments made by e-nonymous are...well...

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Gaaah!

Did you guys hear about that lady last year who sat on her cell phone.(or at least she said she did) I went into her rectum and she was getting a call...

Sorry I have to go puke now. I'm getting rid of my cell phone too...

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Oh man. What will they think of next. LOL!!

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
We already have a lot of data that cell phone radiation causes brain cancer... If this feature becomes wide spread, look for an explosion of ovarian and uterine cancer as well...

E non, do you really want to flirt with testicular cancer???

top topics

<<   2 >>

join