It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul 2012 as a social experiment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Ive recently became a RP supporter in the last year and hes got my vote as ive stated in a prior post somewhere here. Ive been researching RP's issues going back to the 80's and he is undoubtedly the most consistent in his stance on the issues. In fact, his stance has not changed or even flinched in 30 years, unlike every other politician who flip-flops to personal gain and plays his/her constituents like puppets. Empty promises proposed by presidential nominees left unfulfilled once they were in office has lead me to a thought.

For those people who are on the fence or not sure of the candidate or just want a change of the status quo but are not sure about voting for RP, go out and cast your vote for him anyways.

WHY? Because..........

If a guy who has been so consistent and unwavering in politics for 30 years and has adamantly fought for his stance for this long gets elected to President of the United States of America and suddenly his positions change and we are still stuck with the status quo, then as American citizens we will know that we have a bigger beast to slay and that the leader of this great country isnt a leader at all but a puppet of a monarchist regime.
edit on 27-12-2011 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

What about,

He only ever successfully fought to get one Bill passed in over 12 years of being a Congressman. This real record contradicts your propaganda. It wasn't much of a fight either, it was a Bill to donate some local land in his district to a historical society.

He says his libertarian views make it impossible for him to label people into collective groups but is caught on camera in interviews labeling "the blacks" as a collective group. Does this mean his libertarianism is false also?

He has all of those racist Newsletters with his name on them, is it ok to just look the other way and not question him about it and assume Obama never will either? Are you hoping and praying Obama will be nice and let him slide on the race issue?

Despite what muddied up propaganda is floating around on his record about voting for MLK day, it is a fact that he voted against it. He also voted to move it to a Sunday which would ensure nobody would get paid for the holiday, unlike other national holidays where we all get paid for. His motives are unclear but I bet you would never question him on them anyways, because then they could be paired with those nasty Newsletters to build a stronger case of racism against the good doctor and he would have to answer why he stated he would vote against the Civil RIghts Act then hide behind the constitution.

He accepts donations and volunteer workers from all sorts of organizations, including leading White Supremicists. He will take their money and they will fight for him but he says he won't do anything for them, that is so cool isn't it? It's so cool that nobody could ever link their association with the good doctor to those newsletters or his voting record on race issues.

Everything is just so rosey for your pick, it should be such an easy campaign with hardly any problems.

edit on 27-12-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I don't know if Ron Paul is a racist or not. Maybe he was and now he isn't? I used to be things I'm not now. I'm all for what Ron Paul stands for now. I now realize we won't get real socialized medicine from the federal government. So far we've just got an attempt at lining the insurance companies' pockets. My state is providing excellent income based heath care.

Even if he does get elected, I don't know how the rest of TPTB would let him do anything. I just appreciate that he has awakened so many to the actual problems we face.

@TinfoilTP - Fighting for a paid day off is a moot point, as we are overworked and underpaid enslaved at meaningless jobs. Our supply structure needs some serious rethink.

Besides, holidays are for kids. In the U.S. there's Candy in Baskets Day, Fireworks Day, Scary Masks Day, and Get Toys Day.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

The racism issue has been answered over and over again. In fact, there's a pretty good thread here on ATS about it. We just have one fellow here who likes to repeat the same line over and over again. Lets get THIS thread back on track.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I'd like to see your source about him voting AGAINST MLKday. please..

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

I'd like to see your source about him voting AGAINST MLKday. please..

It is not my source it is THE source, the Congressional voting record which cannot be wriggled and wormed away from.

TO SUSPEND THE RULES AND PASS H.R. 5461, DESIGNATING THE BIRTHDAY OF MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. A LEGAL PUBLIC HOLIDAY. (MOTION PASSED:2/3 REQUIRED)

www.govtrack.us...
Source

Scroll down to Ronald Paul of Texas, he voted NAY

There is no debate on this issue, it is a fact he voted NAY
edit on 27-12-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Can't argue with that one..

Thank you sir. =)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I noticed something strange during the national news on Christmas Day or the following day. They were discussing the candidates and a screenshot of all the candidates faces as a montage was shown. I thought it was funny that all of the candidates only had their faces pictured except for Ron Paul. His picture was in the upper right hand of the screen with just his name visible, but his head was cut off. The rest of the condidates faces did not include their names. There weren't any other texts in the shot except for Ron Paul's name.

Did anyone else see this?
I wish I knew where to find a video of this, but you'll just have to take my word for it.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

He votes "NAY" to anything that is not specifically authorized by the Constitution or a direct benefit to his home district per the accepted rules of the Congress.

Have there been any other National Holidays he has had the opportunity to vote against? Has he voted YEA on any National Holidays?

Chances are, this is not a race issue, but a Role of Government issue.

Also, as far as not passing any legislation, his stance pretty much defines the fact that there is no need for further legislation. Of course he would not enact more and more laws like the rest of Congress. The country would be in much better condition if no Congressman ever passed any legislation! Just think, if we reset all of our laws to 100 years ago or 200 years ago? The country would be immensely better off. No Law ever helped the American People, they only help the government.

Thomas Jefferson can describe the platform of Ron Paul better than I can....

The policy of the American government is to leave their citizens free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits.

I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.

I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive.

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Of course Ron Paul has not championed a bunch of legislation through the Congress. That would make him just another part of the problem instead of the solution. I wouldn't vote for him if he had written 1000's of pages of new legislation to further erode my rights. I will vote for him for precisely the opposite!
edit on 28-12-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

his stance has not changed or even flinched in 30 years

I see this repeated over and over...like it is a good thing.

To me, someone who has not evolved their thinking in the past 30 years is not someone I would like to support. The world 30 years ago is a lot different than the world today...if you haven't evolved with the world...then you are an outdated relic.

I prefer someone who can adapt to the changing environment...not a robot that only knows one answer and repeats it over and over.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I've seen you and others say this before, and it has merit, but when his stance is to strictly abide by the Constitution and limit the size and scope of Federal Government, then there really isn't room to evolve is there?

I suppose he would evolve as the Constitution evolves, not by SCOTUS, but by Amendments to the Constitution. If those don't happen, then his stance doesn't have any basis for change does it?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Of course Ron Paul has not championed a bunch of legislation through the Congress. That would make him just another part of the problem instead of the solution. I wouldn't vote for him if he had written 1000's of pages of new legislation to further erode my rights. I will vote for him for precisely the opposite!

But he has tried...many many times...he has just been unsuccessful in getting his own bills passed.

You can see the information in my thread, it is currently closed but I'm hoping it gets re-opened soon because it is important information for the 2012 election.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
How's does voting "yea" on a national holiday "violate your rights"?

I don't care if Paul did or didn't but we have to remember that the Constitution is NOT a holy document and it should not be treated as such!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
How's does voting "yea" on a national holiday "violate your rights"?

I don't care if Paul did or didn't but we have to remember that the Constitution is NOT a holy document and it should not be treated as such!

It violates my rights by extending powers to the Federal Government that they are not entitled, and by spending my tax dollars on things they are not intended for, and by dictating a policy for an entire Nation that is unnecessary.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

And how many of the bills Ron Paul proposed were incorporated into other bills? Funny how a select few of you want to completely disregard the same information posted on the same sites you use as evidence. Your bias is transparent and absolutely disgusting. You and others just like you appear in every single Ron Paul thread, but I also noticed your lack of presence in any Ron Paul thread that comes with enough facts that you simply can not debunk it. Why is that? Why is it that you cna always be counted on to spew your venom on any Ron Paul related thread that is more a matter of opinion, yet you have stayed away from threads like the ones I have listed in my signature?

I know why, you can not steer facts. You can not bad mouth a politician when the videos in the OP are his own words proven over and over again that he has remained consistent. Instead you use your opinion as facts and you even conveniently leave out portions of information that do not support your bias, slanted opinions.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

But he has tried...many many times...he has just been unsuccessful in getting his own bills passed.

You can see the information in my thread, it is currently closed but I'm hoping it gets re-opened soon because it is important information for the 2012 election.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Really?? How many of those bills you claim were "unsuccessful" were actually incorporated into other bills? You know, like the web site you offered as proof clearly stated?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

But he isn't a strict constitutionalist because he wants to repeal parts of amendments already in the constitutions.

He wants to repeal the Civil Rights act and he wants to get rid of birthright citizenship. Both of which are currently in the constitution.

So if he truly was a strict constitutionalist...he wouldn't want to repeal any parts of it.

I believe he uses this as an excuse to push his agenda.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

But it's just a freakin' national holiday!

Hardly anything worth getting upset over.

Now, if it were a law banning guns in all 50 states, I'd understand your outrage.

But a national holiday?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well, nobody is perfect.
Still the best possible candidate on the ballot at this time, but not perfect.

I disagree with repealing the birthright, and I disagree with his positions on the Parks Department, and I think there is a limited need for government regulation like the FDA and USDA, but not to the extent we have now.

So, I understand his stances are not 100% in alignment with my own in every instance, but he is vastly superior to every other candidate available at this time. I could run on my own platform, but I'm sure I wouldn't have 100% approval from everyone either, even though I'm certain I'm right.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Honestly I don't care one way or the other on the National Holiday, but I do get offended when they turn it into a racist issue. If he had voted YEA on the National Holiday, I wouldn't have cared either way, but it would have alleviated all the attacks on him. Fortunately he has the integrity to make decisions and stick with them regardless of the backlash, and that is why I like him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join