It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To hell with Washington D.C.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hey bro
Yes youre right.....there is a difference between a tyrinical leader and a "great" leader......and glad you werent thinking I was insulting your intelligence
Still though, can you imagine the ENTIRE PLANET EARTH in the ruling hands of a few people....or ONE person??? Heck, I feel that I'm as stable and sane as it gets, and even I might go power crazy with that kind of power! haha Which is why I'm against the whole "one world govt" deal.....nah, but youre right, there's a huge difference in a ruling psychopath and a great leader.......personally, I've always held on the saying, "A great leader is also the GREATEST servant"......you serve the people and they will follow your leadership
What do you think??

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randyvs,
Why do you think DC is not a state?
You do realize there is a reason it isn't a legal part of the USofA right?
There is a reason it is basically it's own nation...
And it has to do with the change of our government in the early 1900's.
We are no longer a Constitutional Republic.
Research it.
It's very alarming but no one cares...

When I read your comments, I too get fired up...
But then I force myself to calm down.
Because I would think about drastic things we ALL should do.
We feed the machine.
Brutal honesty.

Herein lies the problem:
As much as it makes us mad...
As much as it gets us ramped up ready for action...

It will not stop the plan.
It is devious, it is sinister...and the scary thing is, it's coming to fruition.

Look deep inside and remember one thing:
This has been planned waaaaay before we even thought about it.
Just know where you are headed.
That's how I deal with things, until the time comes.

All in my very humble opinion; I'd hate to see people use my words out of context...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Give me liberty or give me death.

Yes, it is time for the Patrick Henry's and the Thomas Jefferson's of our era to step up to the plate.

Patrick Henry Full Speech

Thomas Jefferson pertinent quotes.

These things are just as relavent now as they were 230some years ago.

But different men often see the same subject in different lights; and, therefore, I hope that it will not be thought disrespectful to those gentlemen, if, entertaining as I do, opinions of a character very opposite to theirs, I shall speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve. This is no time for ceremony. The question before the House is one of awful moment1 to this country. For my own part I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery...

Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? ...

They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance, by lying supinely on our backs, and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?...
It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry peace, peace—but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.

I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive.

What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Most bad government has grown out of too much government.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nice try.

But this has nothing to do with the bill. This has to do with a knee jerk reaction in which you respond with sarcasm and advocating the destruction of an American city.

So if you want people to listen to you, actually talk about the bill and where it is going wrong, how its unconstitutional, and stop the theatrics.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by PROT3CTOR
reply to post by randyvs

Hey bro
Yes youre right.....there is a difference between a tyrinical leader and a "great" leader......and glad you werent thinking I was insulting your intelligence
Still though, can you imagine the ENTIRE PLANET EARTH in the ruling hands of a few people....or ONE person??? Heck, I feel that I'm as stable and sane as it gets, and even I might go power crazy with that kind of power! haha Which is why I'm against the whole "one world govt" deal.....nah, but youre right, there's a huge difference in a ruling psychopath and a great leader.......personally, I've always held on the saying, "A great leader is also the GREATEST servant"......you serve the people and they will follow your leadership
What do you think??

Makes sense to me .

nox

Nice try.

But this has nothing to do with the bill. This has to do with a knee jerk reaction in which you respond with sarcasm and advocating the destruction of an American city.

So if you want people to listen to you, actually talk about the bill and where it is going wrong, how its unconstitutional, and stop the theatrics.

There's no theatrics in any of my posts. The theatrics is coming from you claiming I'm advocating the murder of innocents and destruction of private business' that have absolutely nothing to do with the rogue government we see in D.C. You're pretty much the only one taking that direction. The basics of what this thread is about is your/our disappearing freedom and liberty and right to privacy. With a brazen although some what calculated
suggestive solution. I don't know what your post was about.

edit on 29-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I agree with your sentiments entirely, so I guess I am "in for a pound". Or more.
Taken in isolation, many of the bills that incrementally take freedoms and constitutional protections away may appear relatively harmless. Like, barely turning up the heat on a pot with a live frog, by the time the frog realizes it is getting cooked, it no longer has the ability to jump out.
Be ware of those that will always pretend the pot will never boil.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Look deep inside and remember one thing:
This has been planned waaaaay before we even thought about it.
Just know where you are headed.
That's how I deal with things, until the time comes.

Ya I know. You're right and I'm a veteran of your view and know all that you say is the truth. It just really sticks in my craw tho. so i go off on thesse rants once in awhile and pretend I don't know the whole truth of what you posted. Make use of ATS one way or another. I'm bent what else can I say ?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I feel your anger.
And lately, alot of things really make me mad.
Especially seeing our founding documents basically shredded...
AND NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE!
But how can I complain? I still fund the machine!
The headaches of realizing what this world is really about...
Have completely changed my mindset towards everything.

But I can't change anyone else...
I can only change myself.

Keep your chin up!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join