It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Magic of Christmas Morning. (don't take it from our children)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

No problems. As I stated, I had posted this just prior to leaving town, and did not get a chance to clarify exactly what I meant.

As humans, it is our duty to respect the cultural differences between us, no matter how big or small they may be. (well to a point, within the laws)

Hope you had a great Christmas, and best wishes to you and your family.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gossamer

And the birth of Jesus shouldn't be considered magic? (magic, not as a literal term, but symbolic of a good feeling)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Folks, It's called a imagination.

The world can be so cruel, what is wrong with giving our children a little place in their imaginations, where the houses are made of gingerbread, everyone is jolly, and reindeer fly?

Around the age of 7 a child reaches the age of reason, they will then start to see that much of the story doesn't make since.

Sometimes having this "magical land" can help a child cope with the stresses of life. (especially the way our government is deciding what we can and can not do for our children, and the pressures many of them are in with the "no child left behind act" put upon them at school).

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I read the other thread about Santa recently and I was somewhat swayed by its opinion. But then I now think back to my childhood.

What would be a normal morning, in which I would be sleepy and reluctant to get up and go to school, I was wide awake, sometimes really early. I lay in bed or pace in my room in eager anticipation. When I get to the living room, I would see the presents under the Christmas tree, piles of gifts laid out. The brisk and wonderful smell of pine is in the air, as the flashing and twinkling Christmas lights brighten both the night and the day. And that moment of joy, when opening the last present handed to me, the thing I wished for most is behind the festively colored paper!

I completely forgot this feeling, this Christmas in the air. The magic! Yes I remember it, it's a morning like none other, and the morning I would look forward to the entire year! Oh, what I would give to experience that again!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join