It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Magic of Christmas Morning. (don't take it from our children)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I've had a few christmases essentially ruined by my brothers.
Because they didnt get exactly what they wanted, or all of what they wanted.

I never cared what i got, it was the thought that counted regardless of what it was.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

subsitute delusion for magic - and i agree with you

you were lied too - and it made you happy , so you lie to your children to make them happy

where do you draw the line

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Very well said!

If we cannot do it for ourselves... Then at least do it for our pride and joys!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It's not "Our" children.

My children are "My" children.

I tell the truth to "My" kids, and I leave other people's kids alone.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It's not "Our" children.

My children are "My" children.

I tell the truth to "My" kids, and I leave other people's kids alone.

At least you have the respect towards other parents to do that very thing. Some killjoy's think they know better than anyone else and enjoy mucking things up for everyone elses children. That's pretty sad.

Kuddos for your stance on this!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I grew up with the magic of Christmas and believing in Santa. When I was older and discovered he wasn't real, I then realized how much trouble my parents went through all those years to make Christmas so magical and special for me. The 'lie' didn't harm me in any way and to this day I have precious memories of childhood and Christmas and wouldn't trade it for the world.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by tw0330

subsitute delusion for magic - and i agree with you

you were lied too - and it made you happy , so you lie to your children to make them happy

where do you draw the line

It doesnt matter what it is... They are NOT YOUR children. You cannot decide what's better for them. You are NOT this apt at such a task.. No person is or ever will be.

This loosely reminds me of what Hitler did by having Germans make babies solely for their new "perfect race". Teaching them, breeding them, and raising them HIS way.

1 very important thing that comes out of each family raising their children the way THEY want to raise them...

Originality - They are Unique, unlike anyone elses children.

I dont care if someone tells their children that peter pan is real. My parents told me Santa was real. You know when in my life I come to the realisation he wasnt? I cant honestly tell you. I dont even recall.

Do you know how I felt when I found out Santa was fake? I dont think I cared. When I was old enough to know better, I just knew better.. No harm done. Before this, It was joy waking up and rushing to find those gifts santa left behind.. The half eatten cookie, glass of milk emptied.. It was joy going to bed the night before and thinking about santa and the cool things he could do and bring.

To be honest, none of that affected me one single little bit.. not one ounce. No trauma, no mental delusions, no schitzo, no mood swings... I came out of that perfectly unscathed.

So why is it a problem for some people? ...no diffrent than our government interfearing in our lives... Guess that's how you tell future political leaders...

Christmas is for all, wether you believe in it or not and no matter what you believe. It is not for anyone to take away from another. Simply put.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Most adults believe in 'magic' on Christmas as well....

They just call it 'Jesus'

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Having no family and the friends I do have are with theirs. I unfourtunately endure christmas alone.
Thanks for your story it helps with my loniness to read of other famlies stories of joy.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic
Most adults believe in 'magic' on Christmas as well....

They just call it 'Jesus'

Haha, indeed. I was just reading some of the self-important replies in this thread about how they would NEVER lie to their kids and how it scarred them as a youngster (really? how squishy are you?), but then without even pausing for breath mention Jesus....

Ironically, I have tried very hard to de-program the Jesus nonsense from my daughter (who goes to a CoE school) but have let her believe in Santa. She is 8 now and the time is surely just round the bed she will figure it out, but I will do what my dad did to me and go greater lengths to perpetrate the "Lie", such as jinggling bells, leaving snowy footprints etc.

Why?

Because belief in Santa you will eventually grow out of and is harmless. Belief in some magical hippy from 2,000 years ago is dangerous and potentially life altering, people don't grow out of it but are indoctrinated further and they are told how to live their lives from cradle to grave by sexless wierdo's.

That said, each to their own. If people want to believe in Jeebus, crack on, but it is highly hyporcritical to make out like lying to your kids about Santa is wrong, but lying to your kids about God/Jesus is ok.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I would not worry too much about the kids, they are very adaptive. Parents will always celebrate their kids Birthdays on the real date of their Birth and they'll typically get a lot of cake and presents. Kids are special and loved and most love the kids so much they want them to be educated and smart, and not to be used or abused by altered history

The kids will feel strongly that Christ's birthday should get the same respect as their own and they won't be very upset if the world moves the Christ Mass to the better date around April 17. They can still have a BirthDay celebration with the wisemen story doing the gift bearing and appreciation of the Essene's issues for Christ bringing heaven upon the Earth.

One can even still have something on Dec. 25, but truth would have that date take on something like Happy Solstice Day and the Children can learn of these old times and their appreciations of astrology, and some of the bad things connect to the corruption of religion from the times of Babylon's Nimrod. Nimrod's BD was Dec. 25th, not Jesus. Telling the truth there could well become a Religion Truth and Freedom Day. It is a major disrespect for Jesus to hold his BD celebration on the day of Nimrod's, as Nimrod started all the corruption of religion that the Essene and Jesus came to reject per the 2nd Temple. Trying to join the two BD's in a major issue in religion corruption.

The kids might learn a real life lesson about in the times of universal deceit, truth telling becomes a revoltionary act. And Jesus was a real truth seeker, just as the relgion sect to which he was born was considered the same. Both Jesus and the Essene were quite part of the real history for religion of this period, but Dec. 25 needs to become separated from the Jesus BD celebrations.

Jesus was not born in the beginning of winter and things will work even better with celebration of his BD in the springtime with flowers, warmth, and life renewed, and the truths better told.

PS:

Don't worry traditions can still keep around Kris Kringle and Santa Clauss. The issues of Dec. 25 have long involved the Yule Log and the New Decorated Green tree with popcorn strands after the log burns out. In Germany, the Green Trees were hung upside down and the tradiation came to the US as nice evergreen trees decorated. One can still have festivity for the Solstice with celerations of lights, trees, good warm food, and fellowship of the masses reflecting on matters of the past year and how to do better in the next.

But, as part of the reflections on the past one can recall that the church has had its problems from the issues with Germany's Martin Luther and Vatican selling Indulgence for a Price. One can reflect on the Vatican killing the Knights Templar, and nearly killing the inventer DaVinci for noticing the world was round and not flat.

One can even get into the more exciting issues of the recent discoveries of Moses Mountain down near Midian and how the Mtn of Fire really existed amidst volcanic rift zones and monster oil fields of the area. Even find the writings of US adventurer Ron Wyatt who found the Mountain in modern times and made it public. One can enlighten the kids with the more scientific elements of religion that are being flushed out in this present day, that show many of the stories are true, but the earlier accounts are not perfect.

So, nothing really keeps anyone from telling the kids these truths about man and his quest over time for why he came into being. Dec. 25 can be known for the quest for the bad and the good and holding up the truths as the reason for the season and the beginnings of a New Year based on better knowledge.
edit on 25-12-2011 by MagnumOpus because: Santa

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
Having no family and the friends I do have are with theirs. I unfourtunately endure christmas alone.
Thanks for your story it helps with my loniness to read of other famlies stories of joy.

I have been in your shoes, and know exactly the feeling you feel....Not even going to try to say something deep to attempt to lighten your mood....I know how fruitless that would be.....

from 97-03, I was mostly alone as well during christmas.....I hated it, hated the fact that everyone was going home to spend time with their loved ones, didn't hate them exactly....Hated that I didn't have that, and I acknowledged that I was starting to feel like scrooge....Still one of my favorite characters. Each Christmas though, I didn't sit and dwell......I got up, showered, and went out.....pretty tough to find a place open, but I would eventually find something, a chain bar/grill or a hole in the wall bar.......but somewhere, someplace with people....real people.....and it didn't take long before I knew I wasn't alone, wasn't the only single guy feeling the same.....The magic of that was through a bit of conversation, bonds were built....The dark feelings started to evaporate, and by the end of the evening, jolliness was abound.

I don't know your situation, and my story wasn't to push you to an action....The intent was to express a concept of take this time to get out, go, see, talk......I promise you, you never know till you try, and I have traveled a lot and made so many great friends this time of year by doing just that because this time of year actually opens the social walls we normally have.

Keep the faith, fight the good fight, and remember, no matter what you think or feel....You do not walk this road alone. Merry Christmas.........and Santa IS Real, I believe (and isn't that really all that matters?)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Sorry guys, I was posted this right before I had to leave for family get-together.

I am sorry if what I said came out a little to strong, I did not mean to insult those which do not have their children believe in Santa, only that I wish you that do enjoy seeing the magic of Santa in your child's heart on Christmas to not be influenced otherwise.

I do recognize why many of you do not want their children believing in Santa Claus, but also recognize that a child is only a child for so long, and one day, they too will have to face a world of terrible things and troubles. Yes, I admit part of this is for my own self, as I pass this "tradition" to my child, I can relive the magic I once felt as a child, and watch as innocents remains pure at heart.

The Spirit of the original St. Nicholas is alive and well, and to feed that spirit is to grow the very minds of our children.

Santa as we know him today may not be real, but neither are many of the things our children are taught told on tv shows, schools, and yes even Churches. The difference is that one day, every parent knows that their child will learn the truth about Santa, Can you say that about the other three?

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

ITS UP TO THOSE WHO FEEL THAT THE SPIRT OF TWO ARE ACTUALLY ONE CONFUSING ONE WITH THE OTHER CAUSING CHILDREN WHEN OLD ALCOHOL ,DRUGS ITS ALL A CONFUSED WORLD LIES ARE SPREAD LIKE BEES ATTRACTED TO HONEY ITS ADDICTIVE..NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY IST THE THE COMMERCAILISM AND THE DEBTS YOU PAY FRO BEING GOOD PERSON

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OSIRUS12

What are you talking about? and is your caps lock stuck in on?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'll make this post simple.

I have no problem with those who do not wish their children believe in Santa Claus.

Just don't take the magic from my child, or judge those who do "play santa" and call them liers. I promise you, that is not our intent, only to spread a little magic.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
I'll make this post simple.

I have no problem with those who do not wish their children believe in Santa Claus.

Just don't take the magic from my child, or judge those who do "play santa" and call them liers. I promise you, that is not our intent, only to spread a little magic.

Agreed 100% some killjoys seem intent on ruining every childs xmas if possible. They need to get a damn grip and find something thats actually important to bang on about that wouldreally be a positive change for everyone children included. If some put as much time and mental energy they spend arguing their point into helping kids or trying to elliminate pedophilia the world would be a far better place.

The same names can bang on making exactly the samepoints across multiple threads here or they can realise one simple fact. people will raise thier kids the way they want to and feel is right. It is not for them to decide for others how they should raise their kids (providing they of course are within the law).

When I see peoples attitudes such as this:

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I wouldn't lie to my kids to protect another parent who chooses to.

With a nice laughing emoticon that could convey 'hey do what you like because people like me will ruin it for your kids anyway..." I hope they realise that is a two way street, only other people not giving due care and consideration to things that could affect their kids would be just as valid. You want to bring up your kids without that 'belief' in santa? fine...no problem..justy do not start affecting other peoples children. Maybe your user name should be 'the grinch'

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hear hear, it's good to see someone else who has not lost that true spirit.
I managed 5am before both my kids awoke me and informed me Santa had been, and even though my eldest knows it is dad (she is 9) and not FC, she still enjoys the sheer fun it is that my youngest does with seeing presents under the tree.
I would go one step further and say that the magic this time of year brings goes beyond the kids, and even to us adults as well. On Christmas Eve here they have a fair-style gathering, where kids can go on rides and see Santa, and the adults get together for a chat, a beer and a snag or two.
The atmosphere at one of these events, and even the preceding town pagaent a few weeks before was like a great feeling that runs through everyone. There is such a goodness about these events, and it is very uplifting to be a part of. I mean, this is the only time of year we say hello and stop for a chat to complete strangers, help out those we would normally walk by, and smile at those we would normally ignore.
Is that such a bad thing?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by the secret web

Well Said. At least some people know the magic of Christmas.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Agreed.

As I write this, I am struggling to keep my eyes open, as a lot of parents are.

Their is a very narrow window, many of us have to "play santa" between our children being so excited they can't sleep and getting up extremely early to open presents. Not to mention our own excitement just waiting to see the excitement in our children knowing they were good that year, and Santa had visited them giving them a few presents, as a reward.

This year our five year old did a little snooping, and found one of her "Santa Gifts". We used it as an opportunity to teach our child the meaning of Christmas and had her send the gift to Santa, who gave it to a less fortunate girl who's parents could not afford presents. She of course did get the gift, but the gift was not delivered to our house, and instead to her grandparents.

She now wishes to give this girl and other less fortunate children some of her old toys. I am very proud of her, and the magic flowing through her, is also flowing through me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join