It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research: Pineapple Enzyme Superior to Chemotherapy in Treating Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I trust this source entirely yet but if this is true it's certainly some interesting (albeit somewhat old) news.

Every once in a while a study pops up on the National Library of Medicine's bibliographic database known as MEDLINE that not only confirms the therapeutic relevance of natural substances in cancer treatment, but blows the conventional approach out of the water. Published in 2007 in the journal Planta Medica, researchers found that an enzyme extracted from pineapple stems known as bromelain was superior to the chemo-agent 5-fluorauracil in treating cancer in the animal model. The researchers stated: This antitumoral effect [bromelain] was superior to that of 5-FU [5-fluorouracil], whose survival index was approximately 263 %, relative to the untreated control. [view entire study] What is so remarkable about this research is that 5-FU has been used as a cancer treatment for 40 years, and has been relatively unsuccessful due to its less than perfect selectivity at killing cancer, often killing and/or irreversibly damaging healthy cells and tissue, as well.

Of course if this info is real, we probably won't ever see it taken seriously. Anyone here actually know anything about medicine? Can you explain this for me a bit better. I may just have to come back to this when I'm not all hopped up on Benadryl (Yes I do appreciate modern medicine).

Link

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

A study brought to us by Cuba, the same country that claimed to cure AIDS, vaccinate against lung cancer, and reverse homosexuality not too long ago. I'm sure their research is air tight and not at all fudged.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Oh crap. My reading comprehension/attention span is a bit off tonight. Yeah sort of doubting that Cuba is going to figure out a cure. I like that they claimed to cure homosexuality.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

No worries. I had to go through a couple links to PubMed before I saw it was from a Cuban lab.

And yeah, the whole "cure homosexuality" thing seems to be a trend amongst dictatoships lately (Rwanda, Cuba, N. Korea, and Iran come to mind).

I'm not saying that this molecule DOESN'T have promise, but I'll reserve complete judgement until a North America, European, or Asian lab gets ahold of it.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Well we can hope and pry that this will kill off some of the cancers,
Merry Christmas everyone!
May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all of you.
***** **** @@@ ### $$$ +++

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
reply to post by Domo1

A study brought to us by Cuba, the same country that claimed to cure AIDS, vaccinate against lung cancer, and reverse homosexuality not too long ago. I'm sure their research is air tight and not at all fudged.

Well you would be surprised what other countries know when their main objective is not MONEY like the U.S. is all about. There are NATURAL and SAFE cures for many, many conditions that the medical industry fights TOOTH and NAIL to keep hidden or make look unsafe or like 'quackery'.

Its all about the money. Other countries arent all about MONEY like the U.S. is.

Open your mind beyond your own little, little world. there is more out there ya know.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

And you do realize Cuba has one of the best medical systems in play right and their citizens live longer. Thats why they have a annual tourism of about 15,000 people who go to Cuba to get treated.. even diplomats.

Looks like that government run healthcare system run by the commies is doin pretty good!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme
reply to post by Domo1

i have never understood what is so

special about putting it up the pooper...

WTF? did you just write this?
Mods must be sleeping.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Oh, if the research is fully validated, pineapple will be banned all across EU and US haha.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
So you can tenderize while fighting inflammation and cancer.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie

And you do realize Cuba has one of the best medical systems in play right

It ranks 39th in the world which ,while certainly not awful, does not really make it "one of the best".

Keep in mind, also, that the quality of their healthcare has NOTHING to do with the validity of their medical research. Their healthcare is good due to advances made by OTHER countries.

and their citizens live longer.

False. They have the same life expectancy as the United States and rank 36th in the world, likely because their diets, due to economic issues, aren't full of processed foods and sugars, but rather locally grown foods. They are also likely a less sedentary society.

Again, their life span has nothing to do with the validity of their medical research. They have normal life spans due to advances made by OTHER countries.

Thats why they have a annual tourism of about 15,000 people who go to Cuba to get treated.. even diplomats.

They attract medical tourists because they have "foreigner hospitals" and "citizen hospitals". The care given in "foreigner hospitals" is of a better quality, with more resources available. This is used as a revenue stream for the country, it's not a general benefit for the populace.

Again, the quality fo this healthcare for foreigners has NOTHING to do with the validity of their research. They use treatments created through advances made by OTHER countries.

Looks like that government run healthcare system run by the commies is doin pretty good!

I think a socialized healthcare system would be wonderful, I truly do. I just wish people would stop being ignorant parrots, repeating anything Michael Moore told them. Why can't we model our system after a country that is open and honest about their health care and their research, like Sweden, Germany, Italy, or France?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

being a homosexual and consciously indulging in risky behavior is a lifestyle choice and i suggest homosexuals should fund any research themselves and stop their endless whining and winging when they get aids.

i have never give money to gay "charities" and i never will.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish

Originally posted by nobodysavedme
reply to post by Domo1

i have never understood what is so

special about putting it up the pooper...

WTF? did you just write this?
Mods must be sleeping.

actually rules of sanitation is what i was referring to....it is and a disease risk as proven by the aids epidemic this
clearly unhygienic act has spawned the world over...i understand that they often put into a oral orifice too after too...ugh.

a very few people may be disposed to it from birth but quite a few... the the celebrities and co ...jaded and the weary and the decadent who have indulged all their vices by the age of 18 then go onto be gay too....

any doctor will tell you that this against the rules of sanitation.

am i right or am i right?

so why do they do it?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
A bit off topic but Cuba is ranked 39 and the US is 2 spots above at 37. Sad that the most powerful country in the world is only two steps above a country that has had en embargo on it for the last 50 years.

In any case here is a a study for those asking for results from a US lab.
Dietary Supplementation with Fresh Pineapple Juice

Mice that received fresh juice also had decreased histologic colon inflammation scores and a lower incidence of inflammation-associated colonic neoplasia (35% vs. 66%; p< 0.02), with fewer neoplastic lesions/colon (p = 0.05).

Don't really know how it relates the the claims made by the cuban researchers but it shows that there may be something to it.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I started taking bromelain a few weeks ago for a sinus because I notice my sinuses cleared up after eating a can of pineapple. I bought a pound of powdered bromelain really cheap from ebay a couple weeks ago and have been mixing it in water. Seems like the best way to take it is to mix a half teaspoon in a shot glass with a few drops of water till it forms a paste and then stir in some more water. It hardly has any taste. Seems like a half teaspoon three times a day works best. I noticed a lot of side effects like an elevated mood, fat loss and a reduction in gut size. I have a lot more energy. A lot less aches and pains and most surprisingly I have two lymphoma's on my back that have severely reduced in size. For years I thought they were a hernia because they formed where my back was injured. I intend to keep taking as much bromelain as I can tolerate till both lumps are gone which shouldn't be more than a few weeks at the rate they are dissolving. I take it three times a day away from meals. I tried taking a full teaspoon and it gave me a bad headache and made me dehydrated. Anybody else ever used it before?

I got interested and started digging up some articles. Here are a few of them.

www.allergyclinic.com...

www.synthetek.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by surfstev

Some seriously cool links there. The one says this is better than Mucinex LOL! Why do we need synthetic crap when we can get it from nature?

Interesting stuff, even if the OP isn't all it's cracked up to be.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
A sinus medicine who's side effects cure cancer... I can't imagine that being promoted by MSM

Funny. I have taken it in the past for sore muscles. For some reason I didn't think it was good for me. I was afraid of it dissolving my muscles or something because of the way it works. I guess with the thought of pain medications being so bad and the fear of dissolving muscles the thought that Bromelain might be something that was good for me had never crossed my mind. Who knew?

top topics

join