It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP the bashing of political figures!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
MODS: I'm not sure if this belongs here but since it is indirectly related to political figures I decided to put it in here. Feel free to move it around as you please!

Each time some diplomatic figure has the advantage on anything or simply when people don’t like him/her they become haters and start looking at ways to bash them purely because they don’t sympathize with them.

I am getting tired of seeing multiple threads about so and so is racist, or he wasn’t born in the U.S.A. or he is gay, etc, etc,. STOP the childish bashing of people you don’t like. If it bothers you so much, then DON’T watch the news on them!

If you are one of those guys making such claims and bashing them for the love of getting attention then go to face-book or any other social network, where people can argue with you because they usually have nothing useful to say either!

You will gain nothing by trying to prove something that TPTB have already orchestrated to make it work for them!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
you are correct, but this is the plan, and most are far too naive to see it. Our political parties, and our candidates, are controlled opposition. Its is never about getting the right person in place.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

The way I see it, if someone is going to make a big difference, create good change for the whole country then let him/her do what they do best!

What do I care if they are racist, gay, not born in ones country? As long as they are making me happy with good and positive change then let them be!

Edit: Just wanted to say that there are only a few people who are not part of the TPTB agenda and we all know what happens to those individuals when they don't obey the "rules"/
edit on 24-12-2011 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Political figures are there to be bashed.

If they don't like it, get a new profession.

I don't agree with slandering them, but a good bashing is due once in a while to remind them they're only human too. If you're a politician, and screw up, expect to be bashed!

Slander is wrong though.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

The thing is, though, that to get to that point, the candidate has already been selected. Its the only way a candidate gets that far. None who are able to be elected have the best interests of the people in mind.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
think about it this way.

if enough people start complaining about a certain person for long enough, dont you think there might be something to it?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There has always been a broad spectrum dislike for all politcal figures around here, the dislike is always pretty even handed since whoever gains power always becomes the government, and behaves pretty much the same as the last lot.

Heck the area is deeply liberal and they receive the same treatment, and the same distain.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that no political figure is going to appeal to everyone and some people simply dislike them all

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
We need balance.

It's fair to point out character flaws in individuals running for office. It's fair to point out what associations they have with organizations which have highly questionable agendas or motives.

But at the same time it gets way too much focus.

We are failing to focus on the issues that matter, like:

"Foreign Policy
Infrastructure
Law
Economics
Military Policy
Corporate control of Government
Government Transparency

Just to name a few."

Quoted myself from another thread.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Political figures are there to be bashed.

If they don't like it, get a new profession.

I don't agree with slandering them, but a good bashing is due once in a while to remind them they're only human too. If you're a politician, and screw up, expect to be bashed!

Slander is wrong though.

For the first time I must say...I agree with you.

As for the OP, maybe he should follow his own advice. If you don't like the thread then don't participate in the thread. This is a vetting process. We sure as hell can't count on the media to do it for us.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

GaVE you a star for having the balls to admit you agree with me

Yeah, this thread title kind of piqued my interest.

No offense to the OP, but his opinion is borderline censorship.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I am getting tired of seeing multiple threads about so and so is racist, or he wasn’t born in the U.S.A. or he is gay, etc, etc,. STOP the childish bashing of people you don’t like. If it bothers you so much, then DON’T watch the news on them!

If it bothers you so much then DON'T click on the thread.

If you are one of those guys making such claims and bashing them for the love of getting attention then go to face-book or any other social network, where people can argue with you because they usually have nothing useful to say either!

This is a discussion site. The whole point is to discuss. If you don't like it why don't YOU go to Facebook. Or just ignore the threads you find distasteful.

You will gain nothing by trying to prove something that TPTB have already orchestrated to make it work for them!

What?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

GaVE you a star for having the balls to admit you agree with me

Well don't get too excited. It was one time out of 3,600+ posts!
kidding!

Ya, I'd personally rather get all the available info (even the unsubstantiated claims) and make my own decisions. I don't want any info censored. 

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Sorry, but this thread brought this to mind. . . .

edit on 24-12-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Media arguing about Political figures gives the perception that the people have a choice in the matter on who to pick to represent them.

You don't. America's Royal Families with all the money buy the politician they want.

There ain't no politician who was a middle class Joe Blow off the streets. It's all Corporate control in the Republic.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I for one enjoy the critique of political figures. They are not above our scrutiny.

P.S.-My God Beezer! Please tell me that is fake. (EDIT LMAO! I checked out her channel)
edit on 12/24/2011 by BLKMJK because: Nevermind

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I don't see your exhortation as tenable.

1. Sounds like calling a spade a spade would result in your disapproval.

2. How do you propose we note that politicos et al are evil to the core; planning very evil things, genocidal things . . . executing evil plans . . . supporting evil deeds . . . false, hypocritical, compulsive liars, Narcissistic character disorders . . . etc? Say that they are "Nice axe murderers?"

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Oh. So it's like that now? Hate on haters? When will the insanity stop? Personally, I think the haters get hated on way too much. I know I spend an awful lot of time hating on those haters, but when you really think about it, haters are really just people too. I would suggest that the haters run for political office but that's a lot like suggesting that we need more bureaucracy and create a Department of Redundancy Department.

See? Here's the deal. The haters have been with us since time immemorial. Even as far back as the days of Neanderthal's. In fact, I have it on good authority that the Neanderthals no longer drag their knuckles alongside us because of all the haters back in the day. The Homo-sapiens hated on those Neanderthal's relentlessly so. The early days of humanity were spent telling Neanderthal jokes:

Crog: "Hey Og, how many Neanderthal's it take to screw in light bulb?"

Og: "What's a light bulb?"

Crog: "Exactly"

And all would laugh and laugh while slapping their knees as if they were hillbilly cavemen ironically making fun of hillbilly Neanderthal's because if there was one thing Homo-sapiens and Neanderthal's had in common was that both hated hillbillies.

When humanity began to leave Neanderthal's and other missing links behind in the dust of human technological advance, the jokes got more advanced as well:

Crom: "Hey Om, why is the Neanderthal's never left their mud huts to sail the seven seas like we humans do?"

Om: "That's a good question, Crom. Why not?"

Crom: "Because every time they put a boat into the water the mud would dissolve."

Bada Bing, Bada Boom! The humans would snicker and giggle and scoff at those primitive Neanderthal's. It was a sad day in Muddville when the Neanderthal's passed away. This passing marked a new era for humanity where brother would turn on brother and sister on sister and most of humanity just got a big kick out of hating on other people of whom they didn't trust, understand, like, "get", whatever. If one persons skin was of a darker color than another, then the darker skinned people become the new Neanderthal's. If one persons eyes were more almond shaped than walnut or pistachio shaped, then the almond shaped eyed people became the neo Neanderthal's.

And so it went through history that humanity hated on humanity for various reasons such as race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, and other various factors. This was when the ever Saintly prophets of politics realized that they must suffer for the sins of humanity. These Messianic media hounds - first popping up all over the Torah, the Bible, The Tibetan Book of the Dead, the Koran and other early institutions of media - and these prophets we call politicians began to preach their message of tolerance and political correctness. They amassed a following through some religion called "Democracy" and managed to become the ever Saintly benign tyrants of today.

Thanks to the politicians, humanity less and less finds groups of people to trample down into minority status, and care less about race, religion, creed, and sexual orientation, because the Saintly politicians taught us political correctness...at the point of gun. The politicians demanded that if we are going to hate, that we hate on them. So, humanity no longer hates on Jews, they instead hate those nasty political Zionists. Humanity no longer hates on Black people, instead they hate on those horrid political race baiting Malcolm X wanna be's. Humanity no longer hates on Muslims, they hate on that apocalyptic political movement we now call terrorism, and just to make sure that everyone understands that terrorism isn't really just code for Muslim, our Saintly politicians have criminalized all sorts behaviors and beliefs and declared anyone, Rich Man, Poor Man, Beggerman, Thief, Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief, Father, Brother, Mother, Sister, and yes, even Grandma are all now potential terrorists, just so that we don't get all hating on Muslims, or Arabs, or Jews, or pick your prejudice.

The Saintly politicians have figured out that it is best to declare us all the enemy to better unite us against them. Don't hate on the haters for simply going along with the plan. Indeed, I urge each and everyone of us to get into the Christmas spirit this year and adopt a personal politician that you can hate on in the most hateful ways. It is not just charity, it is not just the gift of giving, it is a moral and patriotic duty to hate on politicians. Don't procrastinate, hate a politician today!

edit on 24-12-2011 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join