It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relationship with a Twist ;)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If there is a couple, man and a woman, and - for some reason - the man decided to undergo SRS (sex-reassigment surgery) would they still be a couple just like before, not least in the eyes of law? I'm curious what's your take on that one.. it seems to be happening more and more, mostly M - F.

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Nothing says "emotional stability" quite like mutilating one's own genitals.

I don't think that's a "relationship with a twist", I think it's a twisted relationship.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

Yes. Saw it happen precisely that way with a couple, one of whom was a colleague. Legally married before; legally married after. The DNA doesn't change--not that DNA figures in the law.

But it does get weird. Chaz Bono just broke up with "his" partner, who got together with "her" as a lesbian couple. But when "she" changed into a man, her partner was no longer lesbian, but (cough) "straight." They weren't married, so that doesn't directly apply to your question--just shows things can get comoplicated.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

I don't think that's a "relationship with a twist", I think it's a twisted relationship.

Well-put

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

You would think if the man underwent a sex reassignment surgery into a woman, wouldn't that make the new couple lesbians? Theoretically speaking despite an unaltered genome.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Yes. Saw it happen precisely that way with a couple, one of whom was a colleague. Legally married before; legally married after. The DNA doesn't change--not that DNA figures in the law.

But it does get weird. Chaz Bono just broke up with "his" partner, who got together with "her" as a lesbian couple. But when "she" changed into a man, her partner was no longer lesbian, but (cough) "straight." They weren't married, so that doesn't directly apply to your question--just shows things can get comoplicated.

Indeed, Chaz was one of the examples, I'm sure ''her'' partner was overjoyed

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

You would think if the man underwent a sex reassignment surgery into a woman, wouldn't that make the new couple lesbians? Theoretically speaking despite an unaltered genome.

That is the question, isn't it? I guess you're right, socially-wise. Or the relationship would've to be seriously re-designed.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I once described a similar scenario to some friends of mine, A man, who wants to be a woman and loves men, gets a sex change and what not, then somewhere else, there is a woman, who wants to be a man and also gets a sex change, one day they meet and fall in love with each other, and get married and what not, it basically cancels out doesnt it?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

Sure, but he question was, are they legally married?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

OR how about living in a body you feel is wrong? That is emotional instability.

So maybe the person changing their sex will feel more emotionally stable after the change.

How is it twisted? Are you a transgender person? No... I know people who are and they were MUCH happier once they had the surgery. It is something nobody will really truly understand unless it happens to them.

Being happy with who you are isn't twisted.

top topics

join