It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few Questions regarding Meditation, and the Zohar.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Greetings,

I have a few questions regarding meditation. I am asking because I have read on www.chabad.org that one form of meditating is to relax and recite "echad." I have been devoting like 10-20 minutes twice a day for like 3 weeks and I am able to have a clear mind, but it isnt really insightful. Am I performing this correctly?! Now I was wondering if anyone knows any other techniques that would be considered "safe."

Also, I have been studying for the Chumash for a while now, I was wondering what is the relationship with Torah and the Zohar, when is one ready to read etc etc.
edit on 23-12-2011 by HeavenWolf because: Fix blank post

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
im assuming echad is the mantra. i never used a mantra, but i think the key is to let the mantra fade away into the nothingness once a deep enough state is reached

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeavenWolf
Greetings,

I have a few questions regarding meditation. I am asking because I have read on www.chabad.org that one form of meditating is to relax and recite "echad." I have been devoting like 10-20 minutes twice a day for like 3 weeks and I am able to have a clear mind, but it isnt really insightful. Am I performing this correctly?! Now I was wondering if anyone knows any other techniques that would be considered "safe."

Also, I have been studying for the Chumash for a while now, I was wondering what is the relationship with Torah and the Zohar, when is one ready to read etc etc.
edit on 23-12-2011 by HeavenWolf because: Fix blank post

There are two types of meditation. One that benefits your mind and body, and the other that replenishes your spirit. Of course, I feel they both add to each.

When you chant a mantra over and over again, you are allowing no space for thoughts in your mind. This creates peace within you and allows your body to fall into a deep relaxation state. This deep relaxation has a plethora of healing benefits and can return you to a state of amazing health, however, it is mainly that. Search "Transcendental Meditation" (although they do claim it provides spirit). With these mantras it really doesn't matter much what you chant, as you are just creating space.

So, to create spirit what must we do? Well, you have to have total silence of the mind, not even a mantra. You can feel, hear, and see the spirit if you are totally quiet. This is pretty difficult though, what with the chatter-mind. So, what the previous poster above me said can help a lot too. Recite your mantra, but eventually see if you can let it fade into nothingness. Enjoy this nothingness. Do not label it or think about it, just feel it.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Can't help you with the Zohar part ^-^ Sorry!
edit on 23-12-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Thanks to both of you for you post. I will have to try as you suggested. Echad means one. The meditation I am going after is an old gift, from Avinu Yaakov. He used to share these gifts with other men and send them east, these men became known as Brahms. I didnt know if you guys knew that are not. lol anyway thanks both of you again

peace

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Hey once more I would like to sincerely say thank you! There is a local TM office near me, I am gonna go and see if I can schedule an appointment. This is going to help me in the direction I need to go.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join