It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bible and astrology

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
hi every one
i read some articles about astrology in bible and maxwell said that new testament is nothing but astrology
i found a sign for eclipse but i found a great difficulty to continue
any one can help me by giving me books about bible and astrology? books that interpretate bible by astrology

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hama1988

Yup, astro-theology. Try watching this guy's youtube stuff, he is a s self-confessed ex-Jehovah's Witness and he has some great stuff on youtube and his site. Santos Bonacchi,. An Australian Italian, a great guy and speaks...something like 7 languages. Plays a mean jazz type acoustic guitar too which I will be buying cd's of if ever get in possession of that stupid thing called money again.
www.youtube.com...
Good luck!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hama1988
hi every one
i read some articles about astrology in bible and maxwell said that new testament is nothing but astrology
any one can help me by giving me books about bible and astrology? books that interpretate bible by astrology

There are two ways of looking at Astrology:

1) Seeing signs as markers of foreknowledge. God draws the future into the past. This is called prophecy. By calculating (easily done in our day) the movement of the stars from foreknowledge of a future event, God describes the signs of the sky that correspond with the event. For the person with understanding, we can either look back and notice the correspondence, or we can look forward and notice the timing of future events as foretold by God.

2) Astrology is also tied to reasoning of events on the level of the individual. This form of seeking correspondence is forbidden in the Bible. This is, looking for signs in the heavens that apply to a person's life. Trying to define the future by the passage of the stars, apart from divine foreknowledge, is simply idol worship. The stars in the heavens do not determine destiny. God determines destiny and sets this in the stars as a sign of coming events. There is a vast difference.

A great example of this can be seen in this video series.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Your daily horoscope is distributed by the same newspaper syndicate which distributes the comic strips. It is useless, and if you believe in it, it is idolatry.

However, the signs of the zodiac, and the nearby constellations, were named long ago by forgotten sages to tell a story - the very story of God's plan to save fallen man - i.e., the Gospel. You just have to set aside your disbelief for a while, and read the relevant books. One such is The Glory of the Stars, but I don't recall the author's name just now.

Edit: OK, I looked on the www, and the author is E. Raymond Capt.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Look at the signs of the zodiac again. They also tell man when to conduct certain activities. Aries is when the lambs are born, Leo is when the sun is at it's strongest, Capricorn the dark night of winter. It's all a matter of interpretation and does not necessarily have to have anything to do at all with God, but we all have our different angles or ways of looking at things. The OP was referring specifically to Jordan Maxwell and I do not believe he was coming from a traditionally Christian way of looking at astrology or the Bible but I mean you no disrespect either. Just pointing out other possibilities.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

what do you mean aries is when lambs are born? Litterally?

I thought aries was the ram..

Same with the leo and the sun and capricorns and night?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

The sign of Aries, being March is indeed when lambing starts to occur. Spring.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Ha of course so simple.

But leo the lion = sun's strength and capricorn = the dark night?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

Please just watch this and watch it for a few minutes. I have found the relevant time he starts talking about the subject you requested.

This man explains it very well. He is interesting and informative and uses Bible quotations to illustrate his information where necessary and the zodiac info.
Time link won't work due to forum software inconsistencies. You will need to either watch the whole thing or manually forward to around the 48 minute mark to get the zodiac info. Enjoy.

edit on 23/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Removed time link and embedded video with updated info

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hama1988

The Bible and Astrology or Astronomy? Astrology is garbage. The zodiac actually tells the message of the gospel and was perverted long ago. Some teachers say it was at the towel of Babel where the zodiac was corrupted. But to me, I always thought it was pretty damn foolish to look towards the stars for answers instead of the God who made those stars and set them in their orbits! lol

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I agree completely, and that is why this "zodiac message" is so peripheral to the Gospel.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

I agree completely, and that is why this "zodiac message" is so peripheral to the Gospel.

Really? You "completely" agree? Even with the "towel of Babel"?

Haha, it's more than 4 hours since I posted that, but I just caught it, isn't that hilarious?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Haha, it's more than 4 hours since I posted that, but I just caught it, isn't that hilarious?

Oh yeah, ya got me dude! BUT - don't you suppose that after building with bricks and slime/mortar, that the workers washed up, and dried with towels?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Oh yeah, ya got me dude! BUT - don't you suppose that after building with bricks and slime/mortar, that the workers washed up, and dried with towels?

Yes,.. very evil towels.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
thanks for Santos Bonacch
any other sources books or videos ?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
ezekiel 32:7 tell us about eclipse
that is what i mean by bible and astrology
if any one have some books or video that interpretate bible by astrology it will be good
there are a lot of astrological signs like eclipse mentioned in ezekiel but i cannot understand it so any one can help ?
sorry for my weak english

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

hi every one

1) Seeing signs as markers of foreknowledge. God draws the future into the past. This is called prophecy. By calculating (easily done in our day) the movement of the stars from foreknowledge of a future event, God describes the signs of the sky that correspond with the event. For the person with understanding, we can either look back and notice the correspondence, or we can look forward and notice the timing of future events as foretold by God.

2) Astrology is also tied to reasoning of events on the level of the individual. This form of seeking correspondence is forbidden in the Bible. This is, looking for signs in the heavens that apply to a person's life. Trying to define the future by the passage of the stars, apart from divine foreknowledge, is simply idol worship. The stars in the heavens do not determine destiny. God determines destiny and sets this in the stars as a sign of coming events. There is a vast difference.

I've watched this video series before... and enjoyed it very much

I highly recomend everyone watch it if you're interested in the stars...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

hi every one

I've watched this video series before... and enjoyed it very much

I highly recomend everyone watch it if you're interested in the stars...

do you have (the heaven declare the glory of god ) ?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
i still searched and i found some sources but i cannot download it

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
"Mazzaroth, or The Constellations" by Frances Rolleston.
this course seems to be good

top topics

<<   2 >>

join