It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Paradoxical Dilemma Concerning The Size Of Ufo's And Aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

They have to be. To interact. Also, size is really relative. So is our perception. The ETs I've had some experiences with though they appeared human looking, would not fit in, we would shrink in comparison. But that was gradual. They went from perceptionally close to our height, when younger, nothing too odd, to getting slightly taller each time.

They often use hybrid or grey type body suits, and its a bit like avatar the movie, or operating through them.
There are many probably our size and even smaller. But if the human brain is a computer and it runs programs, then its easy for them to hijack the program and you only see what is programmed or hacked.
edit on 22-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Quite frankly I would have great difficulty spotting a one inch UFO, (especially if it is flying) and, as a matter of fact I have had great difficulty spotting any UFO so far. I don't think size is strictly relative, although most often the size is talked of around 30 feet. Then there is the question of those UFO's of hundreds of miles in size, when you consider that something that size could contain all the the Earth's occupants, divide that into at least two, then you get the occupants of two grey alien planets in comparison, and so it goes on. Since we don't know exactly what any UFO is so far as being unidentified, size is irrelevant.
edit on 22-12-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by Imagewerx
I would imagine though that there has to be an upper and lower limit to the carbon based bipedal form factor dictated by simple laws of physics?

Something the size of a Tyrannosaurus Rex, perhaps, although requiring the addition of a large tail for improved balance? It would have to take into account the size and weight of the bones, how much blood they can produce, the amount of energy they take to move, how much weight they can carry, how much weight the cartilage connecting the bones can handle, warm blood versus cold blood considerations, and so on. At a certain point, larger creatures have to make their way back into the ocean so that their bodies can be partially supported by the water. Maybe a larger creature on another planet might also be able to support themselves with large helium or hydrogen balloon structures. Those would probably be too delicate, though.

You're right, though. Up to the point where an alien becomes intelligent enough to purposely modify their own genetics or work their way around fundamental laws of physics, they would be limited in their evolution by the same laws of physics that have limited us. Gravity, water viscosity and temperature responses, heat transfer, electrical conductivity of organic material, oxygen permeability in cell membranes, etc.

Pre-history isn't really my strong point,but didn't evolution make the dinosaurs get bigger and bigger in a battle to be the dominant species? Then when ever what it was that killed them off happened it halted a process that could have ended up with dinosaurs a LOT bigger than even the T Rex was?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

Yes,one theory is that prehistoric earths atmosphere had higher levels of oxygen,so everything grew larger.Another theory is that the larger animals died off,resulting in smaller and smaller food sources and thus the evoloution of ever smaller animals...

People see alien beings that are 3ft,5ft,7ft and 10ft tall,so people should also be seeing alien beings that are 3in.,6in.,1ft,50ft,200ft tall,ect,ect and people are not seeing aliens those sizes,Why not?

Someones or somethings are playing with our minds,enacting a deception and a charade upon us,but who or what it or they are i do not know...

edit on 22-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Something or someone is playing games with us,a deception,a charade and whatever or whoever is doing it,

While i agree with you there, i disagree with your assumption that the reported Alien/UFO sizes wouldn't make sense.

Actually..those sizes makes more sense than assuming it would be "more logical" that most Aliens would only be an inch big or 100ft etc...and the reported sizes fit well into what seems "reasonable", IMO.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

There should be aliens and their ufo's seen and encountered that are really small and extremely huge, from one inch tall to 1,000ft tall alien beings and lots of other sizes in between and ufo's from one inch wide to 10 miles wide and more and lots of other sizes in between.Not only aliens and ufos that just happen to fit our human scale,which is exactly whats seen and encountered and somethings wrong with that...

edit on 22-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I will actually tell you the ANSWER to your topics question.

Although in a Multiversal Sense....size is not comparitive....within one Universal State and any Divergent States existing of that Universal state....size for life is limited in both directions....it can only be so small.....and it can only be so big.

Why is this so? And why are UFO's and E.T.'s always stated to be of a viable comparitive size to humans...ie....some maybe a little smaller....some maybe a little bigger....but no one has said they have seen a 200 ft high Alien step out of a Gigantic Craft. This is the answer.

Human beings are really not one form of life....we are actually a multi-celled symbiotic sharing biomechanical machine that has obtained consciousness. Parts of us....are not even us...as the bachteria inside our digestive system is not part of our Human Genome...but after infections...we can see bacterial and viral sequences of atoms on the genome that have become a part of us...yet size.

The size in this Universe for intelligent life is constrained to several things. 1. Gravity....the amount of mass a planet puts constraints on the size of an Intelligent complex Multi-cellular lifeform. Too much gravitational effect and life cannot develop to any quantitive size to allow enough molecular complexity to allow for evolutionary growth of enough cells to be of a quantitive nature necessary for sentience.

2. Too little mass of a planet thus less gravitational effect...allows for greater hight and quantitive cellular size but the gravitational effect is too weak to allow the compactive concentration of cellular quantitative mass to allow for development of a structure that would be a Brain.....these planets might have 1000ft trees.....like giant sea weed forests that grow hundreds of feet tall in the water column which allows for a respite from Earths Gravitational effect....but no 200 ft Aliens.

3. If life is Aquadic....then a high mass planet may allow for large lifeforms to develop....but like dolphins and whales....intelligent...but not space faring.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Interesting op. When you question something bigger than us, I can only think of the JAL1628 incident.

Size of the craft compared to the Boeing 747...unless they were thousands like us in there, I would say that odds are that they were way bigger than us in that case.

Here is a great great thread about this incident, from Internos:

The strange story of JAL 1628

I have asked myself these same questions many times...I am sure there are other Earths out there at least the size of Jupiter...or even the size of our sun or bigger. So there is bigger than us.

S&F.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Two incidents that come to mind when discussing large UFOs are the Phoenix Lights incident and the two giant UFOs over the English channel.

Both times, the craft were reportedly over a Mile long or so.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Thanx for your interesting and intelligent response and i know that...

There exists stars that are at least many thousands of times larger than our sun and there exists planets that are many hundreds,perhaps thousands of times larger than earth and all with their own varying degrees of gravity and types of atmospheres and biospheres...

So there very easily could and should be microscopic alien civilizations living upon microscopic worlds within outer space,who dont seem microscopic sized to themselves,but only in comparison to us on earth...

And there could and should be massively gigantic worlds within outer space upon which very large and tall aliens evolved and live,seeming quite normal sized to themselves,but huge when compared to us on earth...

All adult humans on earth,every one of us is between around 3ft tall in the cases of dwarves,to around 8 feet tall in the cases of gigantism,there are no humans on earth that are 1 inch tall and there are no humans on earth that are 100ft tall...Why?...Simply because we cannot grow that big on earth...At least not now anyways...

So unless every single type of alien being that has ever been encountered originates from right here on earth and evolved and grew within earths atmosphere and biosphere and not on some other world in outer space and i dont think they do come from here,but they might...We should be seeing and encountering aliens that are very,very short and very,very tall and not just once in awhile either,but at least just as often as the human sized aliens that are always only seen and thats just not whats happening...

And unless every single ufo and flying saucer that has ever been seen originates from right here on earth and was built by human size range earth evolved aliens and i dont think they were,but they might be...We should be seeing and encountering ufo's and flying saucers that are very,very small and very,very large.But no one ever does,we only see them just happening to fit into our scale of things and thats just too good to be true for me...

edit on 23-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Bloc...I don't think your getting what I am trying to say....but thank you for the nice words.

Larger Rocky Earthlike Planets would force smaller lifeforms or at the very least large flat lifeforms....but nothing that would have an apposable thumb or some equivalent to it.

Smaller Rocky Earthlike Planets would produce Larger but less density in their form...lifeforms....which by their less compact forms would not allow the evolutionary conditions required for multicellular density in brain construction...thus...no intelligent life.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Hi and thanx for posting that image of the giant sized ufo.Imagine it "could" be a single seater,meaning one alien pilot at the controls,like us sitting in a car.It is huge,but,its still within a human scale size range.A 747 is about 230 feet long,this fantastic ufo is about 8 times as wide as a 747 is long and so would be about 1,840 ft.Our longest ship,the seawise giant is about 1,500ft long...

Jupiter dwarfs the earth with a diameter 11 times as great,it is considerably less dense.Jupiter's volume is about 1,321 earths,jupiter is 318 times as massive.Either way you look at it,an earth that big with the correct ratio gravity with intelligent biological growth,or intelligent life forms we dont really understand yet,like those perhaps made of silicon or whatever else you want to imagine them made out of,would mean aliens much larger than us,perhaps hundreds,or thousands of times as tall and large as we are...

As you can tell by reading through the link at the end of this paragraph,a data base of over 14,000 humanoid alien encounters!,there are a lot of species of aliens interacting with us here on earth,obviously they are coming from "somewheres" and everyone of them,for i have read everysingle encounter and it took me many,many hours to do so,is between around 3ft tall up to about 15ft tall,none,not even one single case of an alien entity reported thats a few inches tall and not one single report of an alien entity thats say 50ft tall or more...Why?

Humanoid contact data base > www.iraap.org...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Just think of how the martians are reacting rite now to the spacecrafts that are coming from earth rite now.

How big are the occupants ?

Whats that thing crawling across the ground over there ?

i don't know, i am to scared to go look.
i am going back into my subterrainian lair...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Mile wide ufo spotted by british airline pilot > www.youtube.com... is just about the largest ufo ever reported,as i mentioned in my opening statement and even that is still within a human size scale,considering a mile is about 5,265ft and our longest ship,the seawise giant is about 1,500ft...Where are the 50 mile and 100 mile sized ufo's? Theres no reason they shouldnt exist and be seen all the time,just like people see 20ft to 100ft wide ufo's and flying saucers all the time and have been for a long time...

I ended up having to try posting several different links about the mile wide ufo,but they all had trouble linking...Maybe the one above worked?...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by finishr1

I always say the same thing to people!,we are sending out craft to other moons and planets all the time and so of course there are other intelligent species from outer space that are doing the same thing and lots of these craft are being sent to and flown to a planet we call...earth...

But why are they always scaled to fit our human size range? Lots of them should not be.just as people always see ufos and flying saucers and aliens that are human size scaled,there should be just as many ufos and flying saucer and aliens seen and encountered that are really small and some that are massively gigantic,but thats not whats happening,not even close,none at all would be more like it...Why?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
There have been large UFO's spotted.
There have also been very small UFO's spotted.

You have to keep in mind that most UFO sightings are something that can be explained. Some however are mind baffling.

So to say that there is a major paradox is not the correct wording. But maybe scientist are spot on when looking for planets like ours to support life.Maybe the aliens are doing the same thing.
I very carefully and thoroughly looked up definitions of the words paradox and dilemma and what they mean,before using them in this threads headline and they fit fine and very nicely into this threads meaning and i think they are more intelligent and mature than the 3rd grade level words i could have used in their place...

Paradox > Similar to circular reasoning,a paradox is a logical statement or group of statements that lead to a contradiction or a situation which defies logic or reason...

Dilemma > A dilemma is a problem offering two or more possibilities,none of which is practical and acceptable...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
Some good questions!

If they were 1" tall they could already be here without us really noticing them.
If they were 5 miles tall I don't think that the Earths gravity would allow them to keep standing.

I personally think we are being played by entities from another dimension that show us what we want to see.

OR

Maybe they are just from another country.
I know that all the aliens I've seen are about 5' to 5'8" tall, and there are usually 15 of them packed into the back of a 1982 pick-up truck, which is also about 15' long. Coincidence?
I think we are very close to the truth and what you said > "entities from another dimension that show us what we want to see" is just about how i feel exactly,which is what i meant when i said > "Something or someone is playing games with us,a deception,a charade and whatever or whoever is doing it,is making sure that the ufo's,flying saucers and aliens we see and encounter are always nicely fit into our humanly acceptable and human friendly size range...Why?"...

Demons?...Maybe...

Also,we could unknowingly be breathing in interstellar alien starships that traverse the microscopic universe within our bodies...Anythings possible...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I hear and understand what your saying,but thats still putting "an earthly stamp" upon something thats other worldly,something we really dont understand...

We exist 6ft tall,so aliens shoud exist 6ft tall and 1 ft tall and 100ft tall,theres absolutely no reason why they shouldnt...

Not just the 3 to 8ft tall aliens that are seen 90% of the time,the other 10% comprising sightings and encounters with alien beings who are around 3ft tall upwards to around 15ft tall...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Many people believe that the entities seen associated with UFOs are not actual aliens but rather highly advanced biological, manufactured tools. If I was smart enough to create interplantery vehicles I would not be stupid enough to go walking around on a distant planet infested with violent, zenophobic animals.
edit on 23-12-2011 by TheFlash because: correct spelling

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I recall a twilight zone episode about a giant alien around 50ft tall that was roaming the countryside and leaving giant spaceboot prints on the ground and at the end,the alien was revealed to be only very small,but it had disguised itself to "appear" very large and frightening to us...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join