It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear CNN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

In case you missed it...CNN and other news organizations are trying to look into it. But Ron Paul is refusing to release the information needed to do so.

You can close your eyes to it all you want...we all know the die hard Ron Paul supporters would vote for him no matter what (this proves it).

But he can't win with just his die hard supporters...he needs to win over other people...and this isn't helping him. You would think his supporters would be begging him to come clean and release all the information so it is a dead issue...but you guys would rather just attack the people trying to get answers instead of the person who is hiding the information about it.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Dance4Life

The thing is...Ron Paul knows EXACTLY who wrote them. And they were written to be published under his name. Why didn't he approve what was written?

The list of possible writers isn't good for Paul either...they are all closely tied to him and his campaigns. Not to mention that he made a lot of money off of these racist newsletters.

His continuation of dodging this question and revealing WHO wrote these is what is keeping this issue in the media. Ron Paul only has himself to blame, he has all the answers...he just isn't releasing the information.

Well, you can't say he knows FOR SURE. He probably does know, or has a good idea, but it would be impossible to say what he knows.

But let's step back a second.

1 ) Have you heard him personally say anything racist giving interviews or anything like that?

2 ) Do his policies seem racially slanted?

3 ) Does his voting record indicate racism?

4 ) Other than these 'damning' newsletters, what other proof AT ALL do you have that this man is racist? I'm going to guess that the answer is none. So, instead of perpetuating this nonsense let's just go to a new topic? The only people that care about this are the obama-bots and GOP windbags. No offense to anyone.

Also, when you have to resort to getting Dr. Sanjay Gupta to start talking # about Dr. Paul is when you really have no where else to go. Lol.. Sanjay Gupta..? Give me a break.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Funny, what was your stance when people were screaming for a genuine copy of Obama's birth certificate again? That's what I thought! People like you should spend more time taking your own advice instead of giving it. Ron Paul needs to answer nothing since it has been answered 100x over. The whole racist stance is a non issue considering he has the backing of a head from the NAACP.

You are comparing this to birthers???

Claiming Obama isn't American because he is black and has a funny name is not on the same level of actual racist newsletters existing under Ron Pauls names and asking to see who really wrote them.

Are you denying that the newsletters even exist?

And if you were so concerend about Obama's BC...why aren't you concerned about this

And I'll give you the opportunity to answer the same question, if Ron Paul as addressed this...who does he say wrote these if he didn't write them himself???

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Please show me where Ron Paul has ever said that Rockwell wrote the letters???

We know he is one of the people that worked at Ron Pauls company that released the letters...along with his wife, his daughter and some of his key campaign staffers. But Ron Paul has NEVER said that Rockwell wrote them.

And Rockwell even denied it himself. So we have two people that could have written the newsletters...both are denying they did.

Why do you believe one over the other???

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The problem is that its situations like this that most people base their voting habits on. They don't spend the time to carefully investigate a person's record or anything like that. They hear allegations of him being racist and then hear that he ran away when pressed for more information. It doesn't matter if he has explained it numerous times in the past. He is in the spotlight for the first time and as a result there are many people who haven't heard his explanation and aren't going to go looking into it outside of what they hear on TV.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Yes, I consider some of his policies racist.

When he wants to go back to a time where businesses are allowed to discriminate on who the server or hire based on the color of their skin....I consider that to be racist.

When he openly says he wouldn't have voted for the civil rights bill...I consider that racist.

The Newsletters, which are real and no one denies that, is just confirmation as to what his motives are behind these policies.
edit on 22-12-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

This time I hope you're wrong about voters, because 'all' of tv, radio and print is bought and paid for by the war machine. Perhaps the internet will provide the balance that by design, is lacking in the coverage of this election. 'They' will make it impossible for RP to receive impartial coverage in the msm.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

reply to post by SpaDe_

Funny, what was your stance when people were screaming for a genuine copy of Obama's birth certificate again? That's what I thought! People like you should spend more time taking your own advice instead of giving it. Ron Paul needs to answer nothing since it has been answered 100x over. The whole racist stance is a non issue considering he has the backing of a head from the NAACP.

You are comparing this to birthers???

Claiming Obama isn't American because he is black and has a funny name is not on the same level of actual racist newsletters existing under Ron Pauls names and asking to see who really wrote them.

Are you denying that the newsletters even exist?

And if you were so concerend about Obama's BC...why aren't you concerned about this

And I'll give you the opportunity to answer the same question, if Ron Paul as addressed this...who does he say wrote these if he didn't write them himself???

I'm sorry, are you trying to be funny now? Oh, I see. Since Ron Paul is white and a Republican then he should be held to different standards is that right? Where did I say the newsletters didn't exist? Can you prove that Ron Paul wrote them, or had a hand in writing them? No?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

Which is why he can't be walking out in the middle of an interview. He needs all the face time he can get as that is the only way he's going to get a fair shake. What he should have done was briefly explained why the allegations are false then gone immediately into explaining his policies that will benefit those groups he is supposedly racist against.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Yes, I consider some of his policies racist.

When he wants to go back to a time where businesses are allowed to discriminate on who the server or hire based on the color of their skin....I consider that to be racist.

When he openly says he wouldn't have voted for the civil rights bill...I consider that racist.

The Newsletters, which are real and no one denies that, is just confirmation as to what his motives are behind these policies.
edit on 22-12-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

So, if someone didn't vote for the patriot act (i don't support) makes them unpatriotic? This reasoning makes no sense at all, unless your bias is strictly from a racist point of view.

Furthermore, he has no 'policies' as he hasn't enacted anything...yet. These are his opinions. And personal property rights is NOT the same thing as being racist. Only a racist would make such a leap in judgement.

I'm surprised you haven't jumped on the Jim Crowe bandwagon yet, or is that in the gameplan for tomorrow?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I just watched the interview and I have to say Gloria Border, the CNN chief political analyst, was nothing more than a BULLY. Ron Paul answered her damn questions and she just continued asking the SAME QUESTIONS! It would have pissed anyone off and he had every right to walk away.

Ron Paul hasn't been caught having sex with kids or playing with big banks or pharmaceutical companies, he hasn't been caught with his hand in any cookie jars so CNN is just trying to get SOMETHING on him. It's apparently been an issue for him for quite some time and he repeatedly states he wasn't aware of them and he disavows them. What more does the damn media want???

Does anyone have an email address for Gloria? I really want to give that b**** a piece of my mind!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

My take on it is that he refuses to play when it's so obviously a rigged game. I know it's hard to believe, but he's a politician who's above pandering to get a vote.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

Oh geez...with all the "bully" reporters...maybe Ron Paul should have Palin as his running mate.

You know...so they can avoid all those tought "gotcha" questions.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJDigitalGem
I just watched the interview and I have to say Gloria Border, the CNN chief political analyst, was nothing more than a BULLY. Ron Paul answered her damn questions and she just continued asking the SAME QUESTIONS! It would have pissed anyone off and he had every right to walk away.

Ron Paul hasn't been caught having sex with kids or playing with big banks or pharmaceutical companies, he hasn't been caught with his hand in any cookie jars so CNN is just trying to get SOMETHING on him. It's apparently been an issue for him for quite some time and he repeatedly states he wasn't aware of them and he disavows them. What more does the damn media want???

Does anyone have an email address for Gloria? I really want to give that b**** a piece of my mind!

Look, anyone that has followed Paul knew that this would be the media's (Republican and Dem influenced) plan to try and discredit him. Ron could give a speech and repudiate for the umpteenth time what was written in those letters but it won't satisfy true die-hard racists. And that's what I found to be true in my life; that those who scream racist the loudest are usually the ones guilty of perpetrating a racist society themselves.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You are bringing up points that the media has instilled in you. Moreover you are saying things that aren't really true. The reason he stated he wouldn't have voted for that was due to property rights and nothing to do with the color of someone's skin or racial background. I mean you can try all you want but it doesn't make it true.

Like I said before. He didn't write them. He didn't know at the time they were being written under his name because from what I understand he was practicing medicine at the time in question. What do you want him to do? Donate all the money he received from the publishing ( doubt very much at all ) and donate it all to the NAACP and Isreal?

This topic is really dumb the deeper you delve into it.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by dillweed

Which is why he can't be walking out in the middle of an interview. He needs all the face time he can get as that is the only way he's going to get a fair shake. What he should have done was briefly explained why the allegations are false then gone immediately into explaining his policies that will benefit those groups he is supposedly racist against.

He actually DIDNT WALK OUT IN THE MIDDLE. CNN EDITED THE CONVERSATION TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE THAT.

Sorry for the caps!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Please show me where Ron Paul has ever said that Rockwell wrote the letters???

I already answer this and said Ron Paul did not say that and explained why it would be irresponsible for him to do so.

And Rockwell even denied it himself. So we have two people that could have written the newsletters...both are denying they did.

Wrong. Rockwell has not denied anything, all he has said is "no comment". You would already know this had you bothered to click the link I posted earlier and actually read the whole article.

Why do you believe one over the other???

I do not believe one over another. I simply believe this is a complete non issue. Much like the debate on Abortion... a non issue. This would be an issue for me if there was any evidence to indicate that Ron Paul believed that Blacks deserve less right than Whites. That would be an issue for me, but Ron Paul is fighting for the rights of ALL Americans.

Plus I also believe that by your actions your intentions are known. I think most of us here would agree with that Statement. With that in mind, who is Ron Paul defending when he speaks of the Justice System, the Prison system, and the Drug War? Go check your prison stats.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

The problem is that its situations like this that most people base their voting habits on. They don't spend the time to carefully investigate a person's record or anything like that. They hear allegations of him being racist and then hear that he ran away when pressed for more information. It doesn't matter if he has explained it numerous times in the past. He is in the spotlight for the first time and as a result there are many people who haven't heard his explanation and aren't going to go looking into it outside of what they hear on TV.

I have a belief that when the average person walks into a voting booth, they base their vote on the last three soundbites that they heard from the MSM on the candidate they choose.

Let's face it, the MSM is controlled by elitists. These elitist control both Republican's and Dem's alike. They have a status quo. Ron Paul is an agent against this status quo. Their mission: destroy his campaign and the man on a personal level.

The only thing is there are THOUSANDS of us ready to step up and do our part and we don't have any newsletters to try and use against us, although we may espouse all of the same ideals as Ron Paul. What will the elite do then?

This only proves to me how the MSM really has nothing on Dr. Paul and is grasping at straws trying to make something stick. EPIC FAIL.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

I just went to CNN's website and clicked "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page..it appears they don't give out their puppets email addresses. Thanks for the support

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join