It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say Turin Shroud is Supernatural !!!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
IS the shroud real? To answer this question, answer these:

Is the world 6,000 years old?

Did Adam really exist?
Was Eve created from a rib?

Is human suffering the product of a stolen apple? I know in educated societies we do not throw generations in jail because a forefather stole a piece of fruit.

Answer the above and you will answer the first question.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

Around that. I feel better with that figure than the millions of years old estimate.

Did Adam really exist?

Yes.

Was Eve created from a rib?

Yes.

Is human suffering the product of a stolen apple?

When they eat from the tree of knowledge they disobeyed God and brought sin into the world which in turn caused suffering and death.
edit on 20-9-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

The Turin shroud is not 'supernatural' it is a piece of old cloth which has undergone some sort of process and left bizarre markings on it.

Adam and Eve if they existed did exactly what they were supposed to do. They were innocent and made a decision based on new information, something humans do all the time. They had no concept of dishonesty and so did not disobey anyone. They did as they were advised. They were naive in their innocence, that is not a sin.

The whole premise of the story is flawed. If they were told that in no circumstances should they listen to the instruction of anyone else, then you may have a point RevGen.

I used to believe in the bible until I started listening to christians.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls
Adam and Eve if they existed did exactly what they were supposed to do. They were innocent and made a decision based on new information, something humans do all the time. They had no concept of dishonesty and so did not disobey anyone. They did as they were advised.

I like your approach. So you insist Adam and Eve followed the EULA which came with Eden. I tend to agree. Too bad the whole thing did not take place in the States, otherwise Adam and Eve could have sued God.

edit on 20-9-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Listed for reference and for more available data on ATS. I'll link this thread to those as well.

Here is a semi-long thread on the shroud from 2010 started by RisingAgainst, so you know it's good (both in scope and in the opening posts by the OP): www.abovetopsecret.com...

A 2011 thread on Italian researchers dating of the shroud: www.abovetopsecret.com...

A 2013 thread on new dating research on the Shroud: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are more, just enter "Shroud of Turin" in the search engine.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

NO

NO

NO

NO

Fairy tales one and all !!!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Around that. I feel better with that figure than the millions of years old estimate.

Picking statements that simply make you feel comfortable, while not caring for truth, is flirting with serious delusion.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
People want to explain everything using scientific terms.... meaning terms of science that most people take for science. If it doesn't fit their paradigm, then it's either ignored, or they freak out and attribute the unexplainable phenomena to the boogey-man, ETs, ancient civilization technology, etc..... well... anything or anyone but God. Ya... that must be it.

Pity the same people who think that they can define their world using scientific methods and Occam's Razor of logic. They are just overlooking a little thing called 'forever'.... i.e. the time after they die. But that's OK... we'll just conveniently overlook/ignore this issue. Maybe then it'll go away. lol
It's tragically sad in actuality.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
People want to explain everything using scientific terms.... meaning terms of science that most people take for science. If it doesn't fit their paradigm, then it's either ignored, or they freak out and attribute the unexplainable phenomena to the boogey-man, ETs, ancient civilization technology, etc..... well... anything or anyone but God. Ya... that must be it.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to explain everything in scientific terms. That's natural curiosity. Humans want to know how things work, how we came to be. If looking for scientific evidence would be considered worse than believing something that was written in a book and taking it for granted, then we wouldn't have made any progress at all. To use your wording, how is God not an unexplainable phenomena?

Originally posted by MarkJS
Pity the same people who think that they can define their world using scientific methods and Occam's Razor of logic. They are just overlooking a little thing called 'forever'.... i.e. the time after they die. But that's OK... we'll just conveniently overlook/ignore this issue. Maybe then it'll go away. lol
It's tragically sad in actuality.

Maybe you cling to your belief because you are afraid of what's coming. The inevitability of death is what scares a lot of people, up to the point that they don't even dare to think about it. I have simply accepted that everything will go blank or black. My consciousness stops, I'm gone, period. All the more reason for me to live my life to the fullest right now! I'm not going to waste my precious life time on worshipping an idol that was most likely created to suppress me in the first place. Wake up man, live your life before it's too late!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I'm not sure whether the Shroud is real or not. It's just a shroud. I believe in god, not a piece of cloth. I don't think we are supposed to put this shroud on a pedestal..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If the Church didn't own that thing and hadn't sold it for centuries as the burial shroud of Jesus, it'd be condemned by every Christian as a demonic trick meant to get people to see it as holy - as opposed to only seeing God as holy. So much of the Catholic Church is about revering inanimate objects and treating stones, body parts, bits of cloth and pieces of wood as sacred. In fact, a Catholic Church building is not deemed a "church" until the Vatican officially places a relic (a bone from a saint, or a holy something or other) inside the building with a ceremony and all that to "sanctify" the building for worship. They decommission the building by removing the relic. In that sense, Christianity - and especially Catholicism - is as close to ancient paganism as any modern major religion gets. It's a pretty weird religion all around when you actually examine it.

edit on 4/4/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBUK3D
This is a longshot..
The shroud was first photographed in 1898, 5 years after the invention of the BOUTAN-CHAUFFOUR FLASH BULB - 1893

The first flash bulb was designed by Frenchman Chauffour for use by underwater photographer Louis Boutan. It contained magnesium inside a glass bulb filled with oxygen under pressure. A platinum wire heated by passing an electric current through it ignited the magnesium.

Is there any chance the image/shroud could be damaged by this overexposure to bright chemical reactions and thus making it harder to understand/replicate in modern times?

After checking wiki I found that magnesium lights produce harmful amount of UV light.
edit on 22-12-2011 by MBUK3D because: I got smart.

This is why I love ATS. Excellent find.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel

Originally posted by MBUK3D
This is a longshot..
The shroud was first photographed in 1898, 5 years after the invention of the BOUTAN-CHAUFFOUR FLASH BULB - 1893

The first flash bulb was designed by Frenchman Chauffour for use by underwater photographer Louis Boutan. It contained magnesium inside a glass bulb filled with oxygen under pressure. A platinum wire heated by passing an electric current through it ignited the magnesium.

Is there any chance the image/shroud could be damaged by this overexposure to bright chemical reactions and thus making it harder to understand/replicate in modern times?

After checking wiki I found that magnesium lights produce harmful amount of UV light.
edit on 22-12-2011 by MBUK3D because: I got smart.

This is why I love ATS. Excellent find.

It is just a light source, many people have been photographed with them with no strange effects as far as i know.

magnesium_used_in_flashbulbs

The shroud is always something that stumped me. I try to find answers to these things and I am a skeptic but I am still unsure about this shroud.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I'm not sure whether the Shroud is real or not. It's just a shroud. I believe in god, not a piece of cloth. I don't think we are supposed to put this shroud on a pedestal..

Hey look, people do it with baseball cards. IMHO the Shroud is a more deserving object, regardless whether I believe in anything related to it.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I am a devout believer in The Lord Jesus, but I don't think it's the one Jesus wore. Not that it matters if it was. It's just too far fetched. The Bible has some interesting scientific confirmation, but it is not a science book. The whole book tells you to forget what you know, and trust in God.

This flesh, world, science is nothing but a cage, something that can be conquered with the power of its creator.

-----

I honestly believe we are approaching the limit of all those that will be saved, will be. In my opinion, it's just another sign for watchers.

I just think the shroud will not have an impact as a sign to influence salvation.
edit on 4-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

IS the shroud real?

Yes, it's been scientifically studied.

Asking more questions never answers a question.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

Does anyone else notice that the brain and base of the spine (in the full length pic) are lit up brightly.?

I've just realised how old this thread actually is, but I'll put it out there anyway ...

I'm of the opinion that this is a 'photographic' snapshot of a person, near death, who is in the throes of a full-blown kundalini experience.

Is it the person they called Jesus?
It certainly could be and connects a lot of dots for me.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If Italian scientists can be charged with man-slaughter for failing to predict earthquakes, then what might they say (or not say) in order to avoid charges of blasphemy or libel?
edit on 5-4-2013 by swordwords because: changed wording

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Just curious, why only the one shroud??

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Anything to keep the religious tourist coming to Italy to spend their money to see their manufactured icon.

propaganda for money is so powerful.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join