It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air we breathe and .... to pay for it!The battle for Oxygen.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Year 2020.Imagine advertising of the future".A breathable oxygen capsule only $ 2, buy two and get a substantial discount, 3 pieces $ 3, with the flavor desired, and for only $ 2 extra you get a cape for any type of radiation.The perfect airlung capsule+ an anti radiation cape."

source(www.marinayukish.com...

source(baoya.en.alibaba.com

TextNew research shows oxygen depletion in the atmosphere accelerating since 2003, coinciding with the biofuels boom; climate policies that focus exclusively on carbon sequestration could be disastrous for all oxygen-breathing organisms including humans Dr. Mae-Wan Ho A fully referenced version of this article is posted on ISIS members’ website. Details here An electronic version of the full report can be downloaded from the ISIS online store. Download Now Please circulate widely and repost, but you must give the URL of the original and preserve all the links back to articles on our website Threat of oxygen depletion Mention climate change and everyone thinks of CO2 increasing in the atmosphere, the greenhouse effect heating the earth, glaciers melting, rising sea levels, floods, hurricanes, droughts, and a host of other environmental catastrophes. Climate mitigating policies are almost all aimed at reducing CO2, by whatever means. Within the past several years, however, scientists have found that oxygen (O2) in the atmosphere has been dropping, and at higher rates than just the amount that goes into the increase of CO2 from burning fossil fuels, some 2 to 4-times as much, and accelerating since 2002-2003 [1-3]. Simultaneously, oxygen levels in the world’s oceans have also been falling [4] (see Warming Oceans Starved of Oxygen, SiS 44). It is becoming clear that getting rid of CO2 is not enough; oxygen has its own dynamic and the rapid decline in atmospheric O2 must also be addressed. Although there is much more O2 than CO2 in the atmosphere - 20.95 percent or 209 460 ppm of O2 compared with around 380 ppm of CO2 – humans, all mammals, birds, frogs, butterfly, bees, and other air-breathing life-forms depend on this high level of oxygen for their well being [5] Living with Oxygen (SiS 43). In humans, failure of oxygen energy metabolism is the single most important risk factor for chronic diseases including cancer and death. ‘Oxygen deficiency’ is currently set at 19.5 percent in enclosed spaces for health and safety [6], below that, fainting and death may result.
source(www.i-sis.org.uk...

visit link for full article

Is it possible? Apocalyptic. A scenario, the fight for oxygen.Like we buy food today so might in the future to buy capsule daily for proper breathing in order not to die.

edit on 22-12-2011 by diamondsmith because: oxygen

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
They already have that in bars..

Pretty cool to use and come in different flavors.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
They already have that in bars..

Pretty cool to use and come in different flavors.

Yes I know that,but in the future will be mandatory.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My opinion is, if theres not a Yellowstone or volcano or any other big disaster, the levels will change so slowly that most live forms will adapt to it over time.
edit on 22-12-2011 by verschickter because: spelling

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
Is it possible?

This article is more than 2 years old.
If it is possible that oxygen levels are dangerously falling, then more updates (and references) would be available by now.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So I've read your post about 5 times.. and still don't know what this thread is about.

I just.. I don't even.. what?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
My opinion is, if theres not a Yellowstone or volcano or any other big disaster, the levels will change so slowly that most live forms will adapt to it over time.
We will adapt,just like in,"Total Recall",I just wait for that!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
January 1st, 2022.

Electric Bill .................. $200
..........Tax........................$23
Water Bill.......................$300
..........Tax........................$32
Oxygen Bill.....................$400
..........Tax........................$45

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I call the author of the article a little bit fearmongering because of the last sentences. Read them carefully. He says that 20.95% is the current level, where 19.5% is going critical. But that the difference between those two numbers are so huge in PPM is something he forgets to explain. I mean, 20.95% to 19.5%, this sounds pretty "5 minutes before twelve" on the first look. The second look reveals a huge difference.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I highly doubt anything like this would ever happen. And if it did I doubt we would have to pay for it, Maybe it would be like a prescription as it is now a days; but if it was a vital tool that everyone would need to live it would have to be controlled by the government or TPTB for fear of inflation pricing. It would need to be controlled in a sense that everyone paid the same amount.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
So I've read your post about 5 times.. and still don't know what this thread is about.

I just.. I don't even.. what?

TextIt is becoming clear that getting rid of CO2 is not enough; oxygen has its own dynamic and the rapid decline in atmospheric O2 must also be addressed. Although there is much more O2 than CO2 in the atmosphere - 20.95 percent or 209 460 ppm of O2 compared with around 380 ppm of CO2 – humans, all mammals, birds, frogs, butterfly, bees, and other air-breathing life-forms depend on this high level of oxygen for their well being [5] Living with Oxygen (SiS 43). In humans, failure of oxygen energy metabolism is the single most important risk factor for chronic diseases including cancer and death. ‘Oxygen deficiency’ is currently set at 19.5 percent in enclosed spaces for health and safety [6], below that, fainting and death may result.
source(www.i-sis.org.uk...

visit link for full article

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Did not watch this movie. So I will bite. How did they adapted in Total Recall?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

He says that 20.95% is the current level, where 19.5% is going critical.

Various other websites say Since the beginning of the industrial revolution we have removed .095% of the oxygen in our atmosphere.
That means we need another 15 similar reductions before we're all dead.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
January 1st, 2022.

Electric Bill .................. $200
..........Tax........................$23
Water Bill.......................$300
..........Tax........................$32
Oxygen Bill.....................$400
..........Tax........................$45

You forget about the cable bill.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Did not watch this movie. So I will bite. How did they adapted in Total Recall?
They transformed in Elves.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

He says that 20.95% is the current level, where 19.5% is going critical.

Various other websites say Since the beginning of the industrial revolution we have removed .095% of the oxygen in our atmosphere.
That means we need another 15 similar reductions before we're all dead.
If growth will be exponential...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Back in the day, we would stay out all night drinking, and have to be up for work "quarters" at 7 am. Taking a plastic bag, and filling it with oxygen used to cure the hang over.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines
Back in the day, we would stay out all night drinking, and have to be up for work "quarters" at 7 am. Taking a plastic bag, and filling it with oxygen used to cure the hang over.
The lack of oxygen cause neuroglycopenia,so you will not be able to drink anymore.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
just to inject a note of realism hear :

19.5% oxygen level is only the guidline for industry in mining , confined spaces etc - it is not a dangerous level [ for a fit person ] and certainly not lethal to anyone who is not allready requiring oxygen therapy a human being can survive @ 12% oxygen - and function @ 15%

19.5% is used in industry as the alarm1 threshold for gas monitoring equipment and the cue for workers to use SCBA [ self contained breathing apparatus ] or externally fed air supplies

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
just to inject a note of realism hear :

19.5% oxygen level is only the guidline for industry in mining , confined spaces etc - it is not a dangerous level [ for a fit person ] and certainly not lethal to anyone who is not allready requiring oxygen therapy a human being can survive @ 12% oxygen - and function @ 15%

19.5% is used in industry as the alarm1 threshold for gas monitoring equipment and the cue for workers to use SCBA [ self contained breathing apparatus ] or externally fed air supplies

TextGlobal warming is attributed to the rapid rise of carbon dioxide (CO2) levels in the earth’s atmosphere. The amount of carbon dioxide has increased 40 percent annually in the last few years and a great deal since the 1800s. The rising CO2 levels create a greenhouse effect that traps heat inside the atmosphere causing global temperatures to increase. While temperatures have increased, forecasts vary regarding how much they will in the future and what changes will occur. All forecasts agree changes will be significant.
source(www.climatelawpolicy.org...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join