It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on Zak Bagans and GAC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
What are some of your opinions on Zak and his Ghost Adventures Crew? Not necessarily the TV show, but what they do in general and how they go about their investigations?

Zak is always trying to incite the spirits and has a very abrasive approach when trying to contact entities on the other side.

To be honest, i like how they go about their investigations. Its probably how i'd do it. They always seem to get some very compelling evidence.

That one case where those boards and bricks started flying around in that basement was pretty awesome evidence to me.
edit on 22-12-2011 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I watch nearly every ghost hunting show on television; I am a ghost junkie! LOL

In some cases I think that they way Zac conducts his investigations is ok. If it's a place no one is living in or if there aren't a lot of people coming and going then provoking really isn't going to get anyone else hurt. It's when he starts doing that stuff where people LIVE that bothers me. What does he think is going to happen once he leaves? He's pissed the spirits off and they just leaves....... To me, that's just irresponsible.

Zac's show is exciting to watch for sure. I thought it was funny when "Ghost Hunters" went to the Bobby Mackey's. Jason was actually bagging on "Ghost Adventures" and told the clients that there wasn't anything violent found **chuckle** They have very different approaches.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I have to say, i definitely believe GA over GH 100%. Some of the stuff they find is absolutely cool. You have to watch the episode where the GAC go to Venice, to that island that was used as a dumping ground for people who had the black plague. Awesome shizz. As for GH, i feel they are very cocky and, most times i feel they are faking, so to say. They have been discredited numerous times, whereas, people find it hard to debunk most stuff that comes out of Zac's group. I really enjoy the bald guy, can't remember his name, he is so funny.

My opinion is that it is the best ghost show, not only for entertainment value, but also for the results they get,
edit on 22-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Yes, I prefer GA over GH as well.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Im a ghost junkie as well
only thing about zak that I dont like is he seems to get possessed every other episode??? Whats the deal with that? Aaron makes up for it though, his face when he gets scared is hilarious haha.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Zak welcomes becoming possessed. He opens himself up to any and all entities. He even mentioned once that on several occasions that something has followed him home.

Zak needs to go back to his old apartment where he used to live and do a show there IMO. Since that is where his whole love for the Ghost Hunting started.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Hi -Blackout-! I recently really started getting in to Ghost Adventures. I like their investigation style, and I like that it's just the three of them (and sometimes the EVP mohawk dude) without any camera crew following them around. I think at times they can be overly dramatic, disrespectful, and cheesy (especially when they are trying to act! You can tell they are really not trained actors lol.) Zak seems too bossy most of the time. But I can definitely see that these guys really put everything into their investigations and they really believe in what they are doing.

The only thing I like better about Ghost Hunters is that they're much more skeptical in the evidence they get. I don't like how the GAC are so sure of what's said in the EVPs they capture. I've seen them do Spirit Box or Ovilus sessions where Zak is stringing together entire stories based on a few EVPs he hears. I think it would be discouraging to be a spirit trying to communicate and Zak is taking what I am trying to say all wrong!

How come they don't use the ultraviolet or infrared cameras more often?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Well, GAC are REAL quick to debunk things on the fly. Ive seen every episode and Zak will always point out a certain situation as debunked (a shadow being a shadow of one of the crew or dust particles et al) - Zak is also always trying to reproduce certain noises that the team hears on a investigation.

They dont believe everything that they see and hear.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm a total addict as well.
GA's is deffo the best ghost hunting programme on the telly, they're likeable blokes and I think the fact that its just the three of them filming makes it more credible.
Don't rate GH's at all. The two main fellas in it are a pair of self satisfied twats. Did anyone ever see the episode where one of the millions of investigators they have ( think his names Brian ) came back to the show after a falling out with the crew and the whole episode was basically a bollocking for Brian....If you saw the one you'll know what I mean.
Did that really need to be done on air? Twats.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I've wathed almost every paranormal show broadcast on cable T.V.. Although I really dissapprove of Zac and his crews approach. The ones I thought were more precise were "Paranormal State" especially when they brought in Chip Couffey. Another one I like is the "Dead Files".

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
For me, this was the convincer, it made me have cold shivers down my spine ...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Yeah having watched Most Haunted for years then Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State and Ghost Adventures, I definitely prefer Ghost Adventures.

Plus the other shows fake stuff constantly while I can't find anything (or much of anything) to debunk or discredit what Zak and his crew do.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I authored a "Investigation shows are FAKE debate" thread a while back, if anybody wants to read through it. The biggest controversy GAC ever had was about the one guest they had for the Ghost Adventures Live halloween show several years ago, but not many people knew that they addressed it in the followup show.

reply to post by daydoesez

I know exactly what you are talking about too. I have heard that the producers were of the mindset that they could get people to be interested in the investigators at the time to make it more reality show-ish.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
It's all BS. TV entertainment. I used to believe until a few things came to my attention PLUS if ghosts were everywhere and communicating don't you think our dead family & friends would be contacting us regularly?

It's ALL just TV entertainment. Not real.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AstroBuzz
It's all BS. TV entertainment. I used to believe until a few things came to my attention PLUS if ghosts were everywhere and communicating don't you think our dead family & friends would be contacting us regularly?

It's ALL just TV entertainment. Not real.

Most of our "Dead family & friends", are not ghosts, and we should be happy they are not. Whatever these ghost spirits are going through is not part of the normal process. I know they exist, but what their true nature is... well that is the real question.

Keeping on thread, I think GA is the most credible of all that are in this programming. Zak gets results at perhaps great personal risk.
edit on 23-12-2011 by charlyv because: added content

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Hmn, The investigator in question must have been a bit strapped for cash at the time, to agree to go through that.
Had a look at your other thread, bit of a mixed response to GA.
I don't watch much TV its so mind numbing, but I am a sucker for anything to do with the paranormal because of the subject matter even if the content is mostly poor. But one of these days the GAC may well film a full on apparition, perfectly legit....... and no one will believe it. Shame

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It's the best of the ghost hunting shows...although I usually laugh at most ghost hunting shows due to the way they're filmed. They always build up the fear by the way they edit with music, scenes etc. GA is a bit better. Their coverage is straighter.

I think Zac is a bit naive. He reminds me of the character who is faking being a ghost channel in the science fiction/horror novel trilogy, "Books of Blood" by Clive Barker. The kid taunts the ghosts and makes things up until they all come and write their stories on his flesh in blood....ah ha ha ha.(wicked laugh)

Zac seems young and a little stuck on himself, but that's culture....like Criss Angel, right? He's done for ghost hunting what Criss Angel has done for magic. It's much cooler and slicker than the competition, that's for sure. He's got an enviable video camera and other toys that I can only dream about.

One thing I hope is that Zac has some people in his corner whom can remove some of the entities and energies he may be taking on. I'm not sure that most who do that work would be willing to even work with him because of his obvious choice and desire to experience it. Until he makes a new choice, it's all a band aid.

He could still do the same work without being a willing host for disembodied spirits. I doubt it would affect the quality of response from ghosts. I wish he and his crew would go to Laurel Canyon...to the house Sharon Tate died in. That would be so cool!

Ghosts aren't to be feared. I'm not sure why the fear is injected into anything to do with ghosts in the media unless it's someone talking to the dead and relaying messages to friends and relatives. It's been a definite spin.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is a great thread, OP.

I llluuuvvvvv Ghost Adventures. Ya know what I appreciate MOST of all about Zak and his team? This show isn't treating us in a patronizing manner, exploiting jiggling 't.-&-a.' which I just hate hate hate. Damn, I hate that kind of sh** which I've seen employed too often on other parnormal-&-ufo shows. The -men- viewers though, probably feel annoyed at Zak showing off his biceps alot, but thats the worst of it. If kids can be viewers of something too, then it's alright by me.
GA cracks me up. They push with provoking, and some ghost kicks their butts. Omg, thats funny.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
At the min they are insanely boring when they first started making the show it was 99% ghost hunting like it should be but now its what? 40mins of talking and acting like dumbasses and 10-15mins of ghost hunting?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
The -men- viewers though, probably feel annoyed at Zak showing off his biceps alot, but thats the worst of it. .

That the best part of GA , the biceps !
I absolutely adore Zak and his crew and hopefully next time he is in town i will be able to join him in their investigations. They had one at the Queen Mary but I was kinda low on cash so i didnt attend. Next time, I'll definitely be there ! I want to see them do investigations firsthand.

Zak, if youre reading this, marry me !! lol

top topics

join