It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hugo Chavez: Obama a "Clown," an "Embarrassment," has turned US into "a disaster."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
In apparent retaliation for Barack Obama's criticism of Venezuela's cozy relations with Cuba and Iran, President Hugo Chavez took to the airwaves to give his critique of the US president.

He claimed Obama only made the comments to the Caracas newspaper El Universal to "win votes" in the upcoming election.
Hugo Chavez: Obama’s a ‘clown’ president

Chavez appeared on state-run TV to criticize Obama's positions on those and other topics.

“Mr. Obama decided to attack us,” Chávez said. “Now you want to win votes by attacking Venezuela. Don’t be irresponsible. You are a clown, a clown. Leave us in peace … Go after your votes by fulfilling that which you promised your people.”

“Focus on governing your country, which you’ve turned into a disaster,” Chávez said, according to The Guardian.

www.politico.com...

Obama brought on the retaliatory comments when he complained about Chavez' overtures to Cuba and Iran to the paper.

“We are concerned about the government’s actions, which have restricted the universal rights of the Venezuelan people, threatened basic democratic values and failed to contribute to the security in the region,” Obama said, according to The Guardian.

Referencing Iran, Obama wrote, “Sooner or later, Venezuela’s people will have to decide what possible advantage there is in having relations with a country that violates fundamental human rights and is isolated from most of the world.”

This, from the man who was making secret overtures to Iran following his election, refused to support Iranian opposition groups, amd who only lately has decided to endorse a more confrontational approach as the election nears.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Hold up, that last part, Obama is talking about the US right? Cause all of those criteria fit it perfectly....

I'm actually a fan of Mr. Chavez, I mean, when's the last time anybody through big oil out of their country and moved their own power production (nearly all of it) into green energies? Primarily ethanol?

Yeah, crickets is what you hear on that one. Obama is just upset that some countries aren't falling for the propaganda, aren't wanting to follow blindly into another war in the middle east for nothing.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Chomsky urges Chavez to free 'unfairly' detained judge
12:44 AEDT Thu Dec 22 2011

AFP

news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8393749

US linguist and political activist Noam Chomsky Wednesday appealed to Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez to free a judge who Chomsky said had been unfairly held and could not expect a fair trial.

"With this letter to the Venezuelan people, I want to encourage President Chavez to act in a manner consistent with the Bolivarian Revolution's declared humanitarian values, and end the detention of Judge Maria Lourdes Afiuni," Chomsky said in his open letter.

Afiuni was arrested and charged with corruption in 2009 after ordering the release on bail of a businessman who been had been held in pre-trial detention beyond the two year maximum allowed under Venezuelan law. The businessman, Eligio Cedeno, then fled the country.

(...)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I thought the same thing when I first read the piece.

The same words could equally apply to OIbama's actions the past few years.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Is Hugo wrong?

That is the only thing that matters.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Just curious, has Obama ever had a standing ovation at the U.N?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Chavez is the man!! LOL HAHAHAHA!! I'm sorry mods for not conforming to T&C but this is just hilarious. He knows Obama's rhetoric. Chavez doesn't want his beautiful country brutalized, raped, and plundered by Obama's masters- oil, mining, and natural resource procurers.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Well I may not agree with all of his methods and ideas, I will credit the man for being animated
and having balls of steel. Especially considering his recent health issues.
I do know a few people here in the U.S. that are from Venezuela. They are a younger crowd.
I should really see if I could get them to speak honestly about their views of this character.
For as you know, there is nothing like the real thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

That Character has a strong will. I have to give him credit for that.
Whether I agree or disagree with him is irrelevant. I am only commenting on his activity.
Strangely enough, he comes across as someone who truly believes in their mission
in a convincing manner. Then again, in this age of deception, I could be completely wrong.

Still, he knows how to live life to the fullest. Did you ever see him playing the drums

His timing is off.
I can't find the Vid, but here is him singing a song. HooHaa

Link to 29 sec. of Vid : www.youtube.com...
S&F

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Is Hugo wrong?

That is the only thing that matters.

No, he is not. Our relations with Cuba, or lack of them, makes absolutely no sense. We should be making inroads to the Iranian opposition if we ever wish to have any lasting influence in the region.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

Well I may not agree with all of his methods and ideas, I will credit the man for being animated
and having balls of steel. Especially considering his recent health issues.
I do know a few people here in the U.S. that are from Venezuela. They are a younger crowd.
I should really see if I could get them to speak honestly about their views of this character.
For as you know, there is nothing like the real thing.

I work with a Venezuelan lady and she loves her country but disagrees with Chavez' "president for life" approach to "leadership" and governance.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Mr. Chavez, shut the hell up!

He's our president, we'll criticize him. Deal with your own damned dictatorship, you bald-headed bowl of fruit-loops!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What's wrong with the pot and the kettle having a little chat? Didn't they exchamge books at their first meeting during O's "American Apology" tour?

good to see you around B.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What's wrong with the pot and the kettle having a little chat? Didn't they exchamge books at their first meeting during O's "American Apology" tour?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxJohnson
Chavez doesn't want his beautiful country brutalized, raped, and plundered by Obama's masters

He prefers to do that himself with his cronies!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

And?

It is his country after all.
He's got 50 years of exploitation to make up for. I don't agree with his nationalization of food production or natural resources, but his country had tremendous problems of poverty, exploitation and waste before he was elected.
I say, let them be; it's not our business who they "socialize" with.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

He's our president, we'll criticize him. Deal with your own damned dictatorship, you bald-headed bowl of fruit-loops!

Well, if Obama could keep his nose out of other country's business, he wouldn't have retaliated.

I'm a big fan of Hugo too. Nothing he said was untrue.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I thought it was hydro-electricity that is the majority power source there?

Anyway, using green energy means nothing if they continue to produce oil...

I wonder if he will be so scathing when a republican is a US president??

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by beezzer

That's exactly what it is. Pot/Kettle.
If Hugo had a paradise, I'd see his point and apply for a visa, but his poop-pile is as big, if not bigger than ours. So while he may be right as far as his assessment of Obama, the only reason he's right is because he is as corrupt and as value-less AS Obama.

Taking 6 days of leave, so I'll be around a bit more this week

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by beezzer

Well, if Obama could keep his nose out of other country's business, he wouldn't have retaliated.

I'm a big fan of Hugo too. Nothing he said was untrue.

You have a point, but see above for my mini-rant.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join