It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hugo Chavez: Obama a "Clown," an "Embarrassment," has turned US into "a disaster."

page: 3
23
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thank you, Hugo Chavez. I'm an American and I completely agree with his statements. Obama has turned America into a disaster. The average income for an American is around $25,000 a year. Also 1 out of 2 Americans are now at or below the poverty line. Our government is slowly killing us all.




posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Mr. Chavez, shut the hell up!

He's our president, we'll criticize him. Deal with your own damned dictatorship, you bald-headed bowl of fruit-loops!


As I have tried to explain to you before, no, he is not just your problem. Obama is the world's problem.

When American stops interfering with and ruining the world, trying to destroy sovereign nations, then, and only then, will free men stop talking about whichever pawn leader is fronting the show..

Chavez has majority support in Venezuela, despite the anti-Chavez US owned media. Not much of a dictatorship



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


I find it interesting that people are "big fans" of Hugo Chavez. While he certainly means well for his country, and by extension himself(And perhaps not always in that order, ie Hugo rather than Country first) things are far from perfect there. I am also confused by someone who critisized them for producing oil? You work with what you have, they are lucky to have oil, and they export it. Good for them. They still can't provide steady electricity to their country.

Anyways, for those fans of Mr. Chavez, I will simply suggest that you might find living there more difficult than you imagine, especially if you disagree with the Chavez regime.


Living there is easy. The Chavez opposition are some of the wealthiest in the world.

Have you been to Venezuela? All the Anti-Chavez people live in mansions, to say they have it difficult is a lie. There is also more anti-Chavez opinion on Tv in Venezuela than is even imaginable for our supposedly free societies.

If you disagree with the Chavez "regime" then you disagree with the vast majority of Venezuelans, if you disagree with the vast majority of Venezuelans then tough luck, go find a country you do like.

Venezuela is hardest for the poor, and the poor support Chavez because he's the only one who'll bat for them



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chocise
reply to post by mnmcandiez
 


That's right, a 'dictator' who's ploughed the wealth generated by his country's oil resources into raising the living standards of the poorest, raising literacy, improving health care etc etc
edit on 22-12-2011 by chocise because: addition: care


A dictator who has been elected and still enjoys majority support from his people.

Funny how people who know nothing about Venezuela feel they're an authority on the quality of leadership, more so than the Venezuelan people who elect and love said dictator for making their lives better than ever.



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth
 


Are all of you complete and utter morons that don't understand communism? Before you post and comment on dictators...do your research/read...YOU are the very reason America is falling apart...complete stupidity. I am sick over where we are heading because of your ignorance. Mind you, those like me will fight to save us.



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian9
reply to post by zroth
 


Are all of you complete and utter morons that don't understand communism? Before you post and comment on dictators...do your research/read...YOU are the very reason America is falling apart...complete stupidity. I am sick over where we are heading because of your ignorance. Mind you, those like me will fight to save us.


What are you doing still sleeping at this hour ? You need to wake the hell up Rumpel.
edit on 22-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Are you people forgetting Chavez is a dictator?


Chavez is a leftist president in a largely poor country that had been run, to a large extent, by foreign capitalists who used its resources to the detriment of the people.

He was elected in 1998, re-elected in 2000, and elected again in 2006.

He is clearly an anti-imperialist socialist.

He and Obama were best buddies at their initial meeting during Obama's "American Apology" world tour.

He may be nuts, or an idiot.

He is NOT a "dictator."

Do you even know what you post, or care that it is completely untrue?

deny ignorance

jw
edit on 22-12-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297
 


The Koch brothers are close to him as well...

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop

Originally posted by steppenwolf86
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


I find it interesting that people are "big fans" of Hugo Chavez. While he certainly means well for his country, and by extension himself(And perhaps not always in that order, ie Hugo rather than Country first) things are far from perfect there. I am also confused by someone who critisized them for producing oil? You work with what you have, they are lucky to have oil, and they export it. Good for them. They still can't provide steady electricity to their country.

Anyways, for those fans of Mr. Chavez, I will simply suggest that you might find living there more difficult than you imagine, especially if you disagree with the Chavez regime.


Living there is easy. The Chavez opposition are some of the wealthiest in the world.

Have you been to Venezuela? All the Anti-Chavez people live in mansions, to say they have it difficult is a lie. There is also more anti-Chavez opinion on Tv in Venezuela than is even imaginable for our supposedly free societies.

If you disagree with the Chavez "regime" then you disagree with the vast majority of Venezuelans, if you disagree with the vast majority of Venezuelans then tough luck, go find a country you do like.

Venezuela is hardest for the poor, and the poor support Chavez because he's the only one who'll bat for them


Wait, what? Hasn't he shut down most of the stations critical of him?



posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop

Originally posted by steppenwolf86
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


I find it interesting that people are "big fans" of Hugo Chavez. While he certainly means well for his country, and by extension himself(And perhaps not always in that order, ie Hugo rather than Country first) things are far from perfect there. I am also confused by someone who critisized them for producing oil? You work with what you have, they are lucky to have oil, and they export it. Good for them. They still can't provide steady electricity to their country.

Anyways, for those fans of Mr. Chavez, I will simply suggest that you might find living there more difficult than you imagine, especially if you disagree with the Chavez regime.


Living there is easy. The Chavez opposition are some of the wealthiest in the world.

Have you been to Venezuela? All the Anti-Chavez people live in mansions, to say they have it difficult is a lie. There is also more anti-Chavez opinion on Tv in Venezuela than is even imaginable for our supposedly free societies.

If you disagree with the Chavez "regime" then you disagree with the vast majority of Venezuelans, if you disagree with the vast majority of Venezuelans then tough luck, go find a country you do like.

Venezuela is hardest for the poor, and the poor support Chavez because he's the only one who'll bat for them


Wait, what? Hasn't he shut down most of the stations critical of him?


No. Anti-Chavez opinion is all over the Venezuelan media. The sort of stuff they say about him wouldn't even be LEGAL in our countries. It's an absolute myth that media over there is pro-Chavez, it's something our media brainwash you into believing by mentioning "state-run television" everytime there's an article on Chavez.

The anti-Chavez networks even called for a coup against him and were not shut down. Can you begin to imagine how our leaders would react if Fox News or BBC were rallying for military coups?

Much of the media is anti-Chavez, to a profound level. Most their funding, well, I'll let you guess where it comes from



posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86
 


Chavez continues tocrack down and is highly critical of opposition broadcasters, but it still thrives.

24 families control 32% of radio broadcasters.


Conatel is mulling a review of radio licenses and is studying various types of penalties for 240 radio and 45 television stations that could lead to closure because their data has not been updated.
The reforms … “will bear an enormous cost for the president, who will look like the great censor."
Radio and television outlets have in recent weeks stepped up their defense of their rights to exist and planned to reject the sanctions. Chief among them was Globovision, which has been directly threatened with closure.
The government refused to renew the license of RCTV (Radio Caracas Television), the country's oldest and most popular television network, in May 2007 because of its critical news coverage. Although off the air, RCTV continues to be seen in Venezuela from Miami via cable and satellite systems.
The reforms seek to ensure that the media better reflect public opinion, said Rosario Pacheco, head of a congressional committee on the media.

Opponents of Chavez, who appears almost daily on official television, point out, however, that the government has created a state media network of unprecedented size and scope.
"Six television, two radio networks, over 150 websites, a news agency and a publisher to promote socialism in the 21st century," Bisbal said.
In Venezuela, said El Mundo newspaper chief Omar Lugo, "one thing is missing: reliable and verifiable information."


www.breitbart.com...

Didn't a certain American president attempt to limit a certain broadcaster's access to White House press conferences? And hasn't a certain regulatory agency persisted in its efforts to control American's access to and content of the internet?

It seems I recall reading that the top government law enforcement agency of a specific administration authorized the harassment/criminalization of certain bloggers who happened to receive content that was not otherwise unlawful and was, in fact, the subject of FOIA requests?

And who is it now, that exhorted his supporters to "punish our enemies?"

Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, pot.

jw

edit on 23-12-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


Yes your right regarding how power was primarily generated over the last 50 years, but Chavez has been retrofitting plants and putting in place other really great programs to move to a green energy.

And I know it's not as good as it could be, considering they still export oil, but until a real alternative is found and established, we do need the oil.

~Keeper



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Caracas is the city with the highest murder rate in South America. Detroit is the city with the highest murder rate in the U.S. What do the two cities have in common? They are the most left-wing of their region. One has been touched by the "grace" of Chavez, the other by the policies of Obama. This is the pot calling the kettle a clown.



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
Caracas is the city with the highest murder rate in South America. Detroit is the city with the highest murder rate in the U.S. What do the two cities have in common? They are the most left-wing of their region. One has been touched by the "grace" of Chavez, the other by the policies of Obama. This is the pot calling the kettle a clown.

Recall:

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by steppenwolf86
 

And who is it now, that exhorted his supporters to "punish our enemies?"


"We have met the enemy and it is us."

jw




top topics



 
23
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join