It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will we say "enough"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
When will we all say no, this life isn't good for anyone any more but you, the richest. We have fluoride in the water, endless wars in other countries, huge debts, riot police being violent towards peaceful protesters, we have a global recession, we have the banks getting away with it all. We have many living in poverty, we have our fellow men dying in other countries, men saying "we're all in this together" while they're millionaires, many of us are homeless, many of us are hungry, many of us jobless. The internet is becoming censored, free-speech zones in America, the NDAA bill being passed. Our foods are contaminated, our forests cut down, our resources hoarded by the elite. Educated with false borders, false enemies, false threats to keep us occupied. This is just the tip of a very disturbing iceberg, so I ask, when will we all stand up for ourselves? When will we say this enough?

I hope it will be day a soon. As one day it may be too late.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
it isn't painful enough to wake up the majority of the people, yet

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
it isn't painful enough to wake up the majority of the people, yet

Unfortunately. Clearly humans can take a lot more pain than I thought.

Anyways, im off to bed. That was a good rant.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The masses are kept busy with survival. Work all day everyday to survive. You need that income, to pay off the expense of the life you stacked up for yourself. Bills, bills and more bills. People are kept occupied. They don't have the option to stand up and say enough is enough. They will lose their homes, lives, everything they and their family depend on. Their minds are being occupied, and its a quite ingenious system the elite have going, and have had for a long time.

Everybody is too dependant on the crumbs the upper hand offers them, if they snap back and demand the same the giver is eating, they will be left with nothing. The only way this will ever stop is if a huge percentage (critical mass) of people educated to the fact that they are being cheated in life rise up and realise they have the power to change it. Until then do not expect change. You can be frustrated but life, the corrupted way of life, will forever remain so long as we have a capitalistic monetary system.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

I'm with you entirely on this. We're already beyond several points people put their figurative feet down years ago by saying they would never allow to pass or they'd fight before they'd see this or that happen. Well, heck... It's either already happened or is about to. Those people seem to have changed screen names in many cases or just vanished entirely. I wonder....when will enough be enough? I'm starting to wonder myself if that point ever comes.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
My uncle said he would rather walk than pay over 34.9 cents/ gallon (my aunt did the driving for a while before he accepted it).

I don't think we will ever get to that point. Too many people are swayed by money, sex and power. The few that aren't tend to disappear.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I feel that rants on ATS don't get nearly enough attention that they should. Especially when they resonate with a great many of us.

We all want to know when we will say "enough". So on that note, I'm right there with you. I wouldn't precisely say that we haven't felt enough pain to take action yet. I'd say that we haven't been made angry enough.

Is it possible I'm falling right in line with what TPTB expect me to think? Sure it's possible. Based on what I'm seeing and reading, with police forces getting military type gear to deal with riots, with police officers using violent means to quash non-violent protests, with recent bills being signed into law that allow the military to detain a U.S. Citizen for an indefinite amount of time, why not let all this stuff make me more and more angry?

Well we aren't angry enough. And by the time we get to that point, it will be violent, people will die, there will be pain. Just so all of those at the top can keep their lives the way they are at the expense of others.

I personally feel the sociological idea of labeling theory is a bit shallow, because the idea of calling someone something actually shaping them into the very thing you are calling them seems so silly. Like how can someone have so much power over someone else? But I will be honest with you, the thoughts I think about the United States Government and how they treat people, and the laws they pass and how so easily the domestic terrorist label is bandied about when all I really see are acts of patriotism, makes me feel like I'm a threat to the status quo. Because I am. But I don't want it to be a bad thing that I dislike the current system. I don't want it to be considered criminal or a precursor to criminal acts just because I feel this way. But the media really does a fine job of making me feel like I'm the enemy!

Before I leave this rant I want to express an idea. When the Colonists of America and Britain were fighting, they would use tactics that were regarded as "cowardly" by the British. They would ambush the British and employ guerrilla tactics. They terrorized the British, who having their ranks picked off left and right saw no choice but to run like hell to their destination. Today we call these colonists revolutionaries and patriots, but if an American today were to feel and act as those colonists did, they'd be labeled terrorists.
edit on 21-12-2011 by danj3ris because: my grammar. It bad.

new topics

top topics

join