It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know why suicide is a sin? I do...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It's simple. Poor man makes money for rich man. Rich man makes no money if no poor man to do hard labor. Where would the elitists be in the world today if all of us just decided to check out? Freewill = Free Choice right? What if I choose to no longer be here? What if I decided that I wanted to take the gamble and see what happens next? What if all of us found out that there IS a next, and we don't HAVE to be here. They'd be screwed, that's what....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
no, wait.....
it's a spiritual thing....different frame of reference... do you believe me?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Plus, I don't think people should be able to "quit" life.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Maybe it is a sin. A better solution is for the poor man to let the rich man know about his discontent.

link   
The only reasoning I have on suicide being a sin is that the Bible says not to kill in one of the 10 commandments.

Suicide is killing oneself and killing is wrong in the Bible. (lets not go further into that on the hypocrisy, that is beyond the scope of this)

link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

So you are claiming the rich man needs poor men to continually make him rich, and therefore has enacted laws against suicide. I can buy that in and of itself, but how does it align with all the depopulation theories?

I agree with others, it is illegal, because there is supposedly no time to ask for forgiveness in a suicide. It sounds bogus to me, because it is rare to die instantly, so there is time to repent, and I also believe God continually sends us back to get things right.

It is still comical to me to watch some folks scream depopulation while other folks scream we are a slave race.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Suicide is a sin because Christians believe you should be grateful for the body God gave you. As well as just wasting the gift it presented to you. Those are Christian beliefs.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Is it suicide if you have the power to stop someone from killing you, but you allow them to do it anyway?

If not, then those who died via Dr. Kevorkian did not commit suicide.
edit on 21-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I had a cousin, same name as i and same age commit suicide a few months back. You know i think the crime in all of this is the fact she didnt get to live her life how it was intended..she chose not to learn the lessons that she needed to grow spiritually. She let pain comsume her and therefore didnt give the light a chance to shine through. I understand that immense pain though..She is very missed and thought about often. Heres to hoping she is at peace and out of pain! We all have a journey and i dont think its right to cut our selfs short on what life can teach us

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Yep. I do. Its not even a belief anymore, its just knowledge. Though, OP has a point I am sure suicide is against the law is fo the exact reason he/she stated.

You will find that when you die, you come back to the all consciousness intact with all the things you have observed and all the "clothes" you have dressed yourself with and then stripped completely naked and beaten into a pulp to the point where you accept that you know nothing (which you dont) then told what you need to do better and then reinserted back into reality in the body that will best serve your mission.

Sadly we are stuck here, just observe (its really simple) and then report back to the all so to continue to expand the outer edges of universe.

Its honestly probably one of the most depressing and enlightening things I have learned. There is no escape and yet we are immortal... still makes me sigh and shake my head

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Plus, I don't think people should be able to "quit" life.

They're not! In fact, I'm sure mother and father would be extremely upset that you ended your mission so early.

"Careful what you wish for"

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Oreyeon

So you are claiming the rich man needs poor men to continually make him rich, and therefore has enacted laws against suicide. I can buy that in and of itself, but how does it align with all the depopulation theories?

I agree with others, it is illegal, because there is supposedly no time to ask for forgiveness in a suicide. It sounds bogus to me, because it is rare to die instantly, so there is time to repent, and I also believe God continually sends us back to get things right.

It is still comical to me to watch some folks scream depopulation while other folks scream we are a slave race.

Sir you are very on. "I also believe God continually sends us back to get things right."

And maybe an answer to you question, how many times do you tell people not to do something and yet... they still do it. Reverse pyschology?

I think gov't or tptb just understand the "bends" better then the rest of us and use it in a very sinister way, you know trapping in a place that is very dark and you dont know you up from your down; a total mind "procreation"

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned24

This is why we have friends, family, lovers, etc.
Sometimes we have trouble lighting our own fire and need help.
We have to reach out a hand, if we don't eventually we will find ourselves in the exact perdictment we first were in... very a lone left to figure out the paradox yet again.

Thank god for creativity

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
There is no God. There is only man justifying the wrongs of a life through the will of a being that simply does not exist. And IF there is a God, it is not one I will ever give allegiance to. Any God that allows for the pain and suffering of anyone, is quite simply,...an A**hole. Teach me through kindness, love, and laughter, not through death, hatred, disparity, and chaos.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

This is your incarnation/lifetime you can do with it what ever you wish. Due to my level of understanding /illusion I do not take my own life because I wish to maximize my incarnation/lifetime. Forget all the rules by earthly institutions or "gods", this is our story play it as you wish. All this Laws and Rules are just part of a game, whenever you find your self in situations where there are rules then know its a game.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
rich people dont kill themselves?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

There is no "god" in which you understand.

Don't let others tell you what "god" is. Simplfy it as the The All or just know god has you know god because you do know, we all do

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
Teach me through kindness, love, and laughter, not through death, hatred, disparity, and chaos.

You don't know what you ask for, you don't know what is right before your eyes.

When people reach a point where they are finally ready, it all clicks and they see the web for what it really was/is.

And then they laugh and dive back in with a cold splash to forget all over again.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
There is no God. There is only man justifying the wrongs of a life through the will of a being that simply does not exist. And IF there is a God, it is not one I will ever give allegiance to. Any God that allows for the pain and suffering of anyone, is quite simply,...an A**hole. Teach me through kindness, love, and laughter, not through death, hatred, disparity, and chaos.

We're called to seek past that, in truth the answer is already in you,, your soul knows and you only to be silent and listen within, seek. Lot of different beliefs in God. I believe in Prime Creator of this school, Mother/Father, and that its shared with Family. And there are infinite schools. And souls are in infinite progression. Is there One God, perhaps the Love between the Good Family and everyone. Higher Self is your Future Self, and you contain the infinite universe, your playing this universe within you, so you just seek. Here we're learning to not harm others, in a rather tough school. And its frequency match that lines us up with the schools. What we believe and act like.

I completely agree that all learning should be through goodness, love, and positive creative ways. That is a mindset, a frequency. But teachers have entered here to free peoples minds, and some are here for misdeeds and some are here to increase the light here. Everyone is here for different reasons. Until a thought is alligned with the mind it left it can't leave the universe really.

Family help us a lot.

Suicide is handing back the lessons you came to learn, that still need to be dealt with and so it would need to be repeated. And this an opportunity, in this kind of practicum without memories, to grow our consciousness bigger. There is risk of the pain and regression one goes through if they really harden up but all things are in Father/Mother/Family and Higher Self's hands and we are forgiven, helped to overcome and need to have a lot of trust and love, if we're seeking. Many people reach rock bottom and have miracles.

But its simply asking questions silently and listening within. That one you brought up been dealing with it all my life. If you have a hard time with God, then ask your own soul, Higher Self. But also Dad/Mom.

edit on 22-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
life is a gift, it is good at times and can take a turn for the worse too. Whether there is something more after this life or not , if you decided to off yourself what makes you think they're gonna want to have you on that other side if you wasted your time here? Not everybody is meant to make a difference here, nor expected to. But let me ask you, if you were to die today, would you be satisfied with what you've contributed thus far? Most likely not if you're contemplating suicide. I for one say Kill Yourself if that's what you want, we're already overpopulated and since you're a waste of air and resources as it is, this could be your one chance at making a real contribution
ain't no next life or immortal beyond for those who waste such a precious gift.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join