It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know why suicide is a sin? I do...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

piequal3because14

Krazysh0t
reply to post by piequal3because14

Please answer my post about suicide, especially about the depression angle. If our life isn't ours (and by extension I guess it is God's), then why does God give some people a defective body that has chemical imbalances that depresses them to the point of ending it all, then proceed to send them to hell for following those uncontrollable impulses? Your God is such a stellar character.
Sorry I have missed your post earlier.

Some of them are written in our DNA,as an defective act,that body is occupied by the fitted soul,which has DNA compatibility with it's future actions,given by the road of life and influenced by the factors of the environment which surround that person,because nothing it is aleatory.

I think I'm following you correctly here. You are saying that the reason someone is born in a defective body is because their soul is a bad soul and they would have been led astray anyways? That sounds like it goes against free will. Not to mention still doesn't make sense. God creates all souls right? Well why create a defective soul knowing full well it is only destined for hell?
It depends of many factors,and the main one is the previous facts of a soul,in a certain body.

God creates all souls clean,but they have the free will to choose,in time which cannot be mentioned as lenght,the way of life(s) as life(s) are unique.

But life(s) can fade in time ,leading to bodies and actions with the same end,Hell.

Or can highlight,the spirit in heaven,from the first time.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

superman2012
Plus, I don't think people should be able to "quit" life.

Who the hell are you to judge other people and decide that they have to suffer in an unkind world? I'll tell you who you are. No one.

You can stick your self-righteous attitude. You know where.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

But that contradicts with the established fact that Depression exists. It IS a chemical imbalance in the brain and is completely out of control of the person it is affecting. People suffering from life-long Depression are born that way, they don't commit some reprehensible sin then develop it.

So either we have free will, so we start out with a clean slate yet God gives some a defective body that causes them to kill themselves at some point in their life or we don't have free will and God creates souls with the express purpose of sending them to hell by giving them Depression. You can't have both. In either case, God is being a huge ass by damning souls without giving them a chance.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by assspeaker

Because where would the Church have been without bodies to pay it? Man-made is right.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

But that contradicts with the established fact that Depression exists. It IS a chemical imbalance in the brain and is completely out of control of the person it is affecting. People suffering from life-long Depression are born that way, they don't commit some reprehensible sin then develop it.

So either we have free will, so we start out with a clean slate yet God gives some a defective body that causes them to kill themselves at some point in their life or we don't have free will and God creates souls with the express purpose of sending them to hell by giving them Depression. You can't have both. In either case, God is being a huge ass by damning souls without giving them a chance.
TLTU

Always our facts(deed),define our lives,past and future,which also define our end,but in the end the circle is closing at some point after all avenues have been exhausted.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Suicide is selfish? No. In the mind of the mentally ill, it is the solution to a very painful problem.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

First what is TLTU? Second are you a preacher? Because I haven't gotten cryptic speeches like that since I was attending church on the regular. There is a reason that I stopped attending you know. I got tired of asking questions like the one we are talking about and getting the runaround as an answer with some cryptic nonsense and a quote from the bible.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Suicide is trying to escape life, excitement Is embracing it. What things are you excited about?

Delicious food? Spending time with loved ones? Getting the next pay check to pay for the things you like and want to continue to have?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

arpgme
Suicide is trying to escape life, excitement Is embracing it. What things are you excited about?

Delicious food? Spending time with loved ones? Getting the next pay check to pay for the things you like and want to continue to have?

As a psych patient I know what I suffer in chronic depression and psychosis. We don't enjoy anything. I don't remember the technical name for it, but simple things like reading books and staying with family do not give us joy. Often, the next paycheck is not enough to compensate for the deep well we find ourselves in. I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm able to live comfortably. Many are not.

This is a situation where you really have to have the condition to understand the extent of the misery.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

First what is TLTU? Second are you a preacher? Because I haven't gotten cryptic speeches like that since I was attending church on the regular. There is a reason that I stopped attending you know. I got tired of asking questions like the one we are talking about and getting the runaround as an answer with some cryptic nonsense and a quote from the bible.
To long to understand,and you are right,we all get tired to try understand ,our own thoughts expressed as one true thought,no hard feelings ,it is very hard for me to understand this thread ,this is why I will live the thread with the other posters and with my apologies.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You need to study up on how clinical depression works. Here I'll give you a hand:

www.webmd.com...

Most people feel sad or low at some point in their lives. But clinical depression is marked by a depressed mood most of the day, particularly in the morning, and a loss of interest in normal activities and relationships -- symptoms that are present every day for at least 2 weeks. In addition, according to the DSM-IV -- a manual used to diagnose mental health conditions -- you may have other symptoms with major depression. Those symptoms might include:
Fatigue or loss of energy almost every day.

Feelings of worthlessness or guilt almost every day.

Impaired concentration, indecisiveness.

Insomnia or hypersomnia (excessive sleeping) almost every day.

Markedly diminished interest or pleasure in almost all activities nearly every day (called anhedonia, this symptom can be indicated by reports from significant others).

Restlessness or feeling slowed down.

Recurring thoughts of death or suicide.

Significant weight loss or gain (a change of more than 5% of body weight in a month).

Emphasis added.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Yeah historically this ends well for the poor. Can you sense the sarcasm?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

ImmortalThought
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Yep. I do. Its not even a belief anymore, its just knowledge. Though, OP has a point I am sure suicide is against the law is fo the exact reason he/she stated.

You will find that when you die, you come back to the all consciousness intact with all the things you have observed and all the "clothes" you have dressed yourself with and then stripped completely naked and beaten into a pulp to the point where you accept that you know nothing (which you dont) then told what you need to do better and then reinserted back into reality in the body that will best serve your mission.

Sadly we are stuck here, just observe (its really simple) and then report back to the all so to continue to expand the outer edges of universe.

Its honestly probably one of the most depressing and enlightening things I have learned. There is no escape and yet we are immortal... still makes me sigh and shake my head

This is super-close--you're just missing one thing.

We're not "stuck" here forever--there absolutely is an escape, because it IS possible to learn all the moral lessons you've been sent here to internalize. Once you finish all the lessons that Earthworld can provide, it's off to the next higher plane of evolution.

Then once you finish learning the lessons from all worlds, you can reunite with God, the Creator, the Tao, the Universe, the Absolute--whatever you'd like to call it. You can enter and abide in the heaven realms of the higher dimensions.

And then, if you so choose, you can come back to reincarnate and help others achieve the same goal.

So the question becomes: How should you go about learning those lessons? There's two general approaches to doing it. One is to take a passive approach--to simply coast along and wait for your mind/body complex to experience the cause and effect karma of certain events, then await that knee-jerk catalyst causing a modification of behavior.

This is the spiritual equivalent of putting your hand on a hot stove. After getting burned once, you probably won't be silly enough to do it again.

The problem is that this approach takes time... so very much time. And unfortunately, the universe contains plenty of "hot stoves" you'll need to touch and learn from. Under this approach you'll probably need to reincarnate tens, hundreds, thousands of times in all sorts of different situations to finally master everything.

Thankfully, there's a better way. The other way is to take the active approach--to enroll yourself in a self-taught curriculum of study designed to master as many lessons as possible in this one life. This is the Taoist/Buddhist approach to enlightenment--getting the job here on earth done in a single life, then going about your cosmic business elsewhere.

In Taoist lexicon, this is known as "taking the handle of spiritual evolution"--actively seeking out opportunities to refine the self, and actively striving to transmute the spirit into its purest form. Taoists call this the teaching of the gold elixir, because the person "drinking" it will transmute into the spiritual equivalent of gold, pure of mind and spirit, morally complete through and through.

Continuing the previous analogy, this self-taught curriculum is the equivalent to reading about stoves beforehand, so you never need the shock experience of actually burning yourself on one. Accomplishing this is typically done through a regime of meditation and behavioral refinement, striving towards the goal of complete perfect enlightenment.

If anyone is looking for a hint to get them started in the right direction, all the lessons you're here to learn can be boiled down to one simple principle: Do nothing that grieves the soul.

The problem, is that so many people have lost touch with what truly bothers their soul, so their internal barometer of morality is too skewed to enable them to align themselves with this moral principle. This is the purpose of meditation--to gradually release desire and instinct, allowing you to get in touch with your true self, and uncover that which has always been you, but has long been buried beneath the capricious wants and savage nature of this mortal shell.

Hope that helps someone out.
edit on 18-10-2013 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

You don't understand depression. When you're depressed you aren't interested in anything. You don't want to do anything and you mostly sit around, sleep, or lay in bed.

There is no desire to improve yourself, to take a walk, to do anything. The only thing that helps me is having cats. Having a pet really improves my mood. It affects me enough that I'm motivated to do something more.

Spiritual improvement is great, but you have to be motivated towards it in the first place. As it relates to the topic of the thread, religion itself is toxic. Spirituality itself is a good thing.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by randyvs

No I don't. It is a different culture and was considered a way to keep one honor. Honor was valued above all else. The bible is full of ritual sacrifice to god to other cultures that is crazy. How about resting on Sunday eastern cultures once viewed us as stupid and how about some other abrahamic rules like no fire.

Everything is subjective.

Well then you can call it a matter of honor and I'll call sticking a
knife in your own gut brain washed and nuts. what's so honorable
about leaving a filthy mess behind for someone else to clean up ?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

What if I choose to no longer be here? What if I decided that I wanted to take the gamble and see what happens next? What if all of us found out that there IS a next, and we don't HAVE to be here. They'd be screwed, that's what....

I'm not encouraging it but...

18. Finite bodies have an end, but that which possesses and uses the body is
infinite, illimitable, eternal, indestructible...

20. This is not born, nor does it die, nor is it a thing that comes into being once
and passing away will never come into being again. It is unborn, ancient,
sempiternal; it is not slain with the slaying of the body...

22. The embodied soul casts away old and takes up new bodies as a man changes
worn-out raiment for new.

23. Weapons cannot cleave it, nor the fire burn, nor do the waters drench it, nor
the wind dry.

24. It is uncleavable, it is incombustible, it can neither be drenched nor dried.
Eternally stable, immobile, all-pervading, it is for ever and for ever...

27. For certain is death for the born, and certain is birth for the dead,...

30. This dweller in the body of everyone is eternal and indestructible, O Bharata...

- The Bhagavad Gita (as translated by Sri Aurobindo), Chapter II - SANKHYAYOGA

edit on 18-10-2013 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That is just naive. Different cultures have different customs. To look down on them because of that is foolish. Also, keep in mind samurai (the ones who did seppuku) were the elites of Japan and had servants to clean up the mess. The Japanese valued honor above all else, and if you disgraced your name, you might as well be dead. So they killed themselves ritualistically. It's no stranger than believing that you are drinking a man's blood and eating his flesh every Sunday.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well then you can call it a matter of honor and I'll call sticking a
knife in your own gut brain washed and nuts. what's so honorable
about leaving a filthy mess behind for someone else to clean up ?

What's so honorable about eating the flesh and drinking the blood of a man who has been dead for over a thousand years?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

That is just naive. Different cultures have different customs. To look down on them because of that is foolish. Also, keep in mind samurai (the ones who did seppuku) were the elites of Japan and had servants to clean up the mess. The Japanese valued honor above all else, and if you disgraced your name, you might as well be dead. So they killed themselves ritualistically. It's no stranger than believing that you are drinking a man's blood and eating his flesh every Sunday.

Drinking what ? Being washed by the blood of Christ leaves no reason to
drink it.

AI

What's so honorable about eating the flesh and drinking the blood of a man who has been dead for over a thousand years?

Hello ! The topic.
edit on 18-10-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wait you bathe in the wine every Sunday? What church do you attend? When I went to church we just drank it after the preacher proclaimed it the blood of Christ or whatever. Your church and congregation must be a wild bunch

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join