It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alchemy and Tansmutation of Metal to Gold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Alchemy is an ancient art and is known to many as the foundation of chemistry

The name of alchemy has been associated with many myths such as the philosopher stone, elixir of immortality and the transmutation of base metals into gold.

It appears that transmuting to gold isnt such a myth anymore, the other day I came across an experiment titled "Transmutation of Metal at Low Energy in Confined Plasma in Water" where they initiated the process of transmutation and created microscopic traces of gold in the confined plasma

The experiment is enclosed in the link below. Unfortunately much of the details to the science is above me and i
hope u guys can make some sense of it.

www.lenr-canr.org...

edit on 21-12-2011 by dizTheWiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dizTheWiz

There are ways to make gold, the problem is the cost to make it is more expensive than the gold you get out of it.
edit on 21-12-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Mileslong54 is right there we have known how to make gold for over 50 years now

Gold synthesis from mercury

Gold obtained by mining has copper and silver impurities. Gold of higher purity can be made through the photoneutron process:

Mercury 198 + 6.8MeV gamma ray to 1 neutron + Mercury 197 (half-life 2.7 days to Gold 197 + 1 positron)

These energy levels allow a more efficient neutron source than the Spallation Neutron Source.

Gold synthesis in an accelerator

Gold synthesis in a particle accelerator is possible in many ways. The Spallation Neutron Source has a liquid mercury target that will be transmuted into gold, platinum, and iridium, which are lower in atomic number.

Gold synthesis in a nuclear reactor

Gold was first synthesized from mercury by neutron bombardment in 1941, but the isotopes of gold produced were all radioactive.

Gold can currently be manufactured in a nuclear reactor by irradiation either of platinum or mercury. Since platinum is more expensive than gold, platinum is economically unsuitable as a raw material.

Only the mercury isotope 196Hg, which occurs with a frequency of 0.15% in natural mercury, can be converted to gold by neutron capture, and following electron capture-decay into 197Au with slow neutrons. Other mercury isotopes are converted when irradiated with slow neutrons into one another or formed mercury isotopes, which beta decay into thallium.

Using fast neutrons, the mercury isotope 198Hg, which composes 9.97% of natural mercury, can be converted by splitting off a neutron and becoming 197Hg, which then disintegrates to stable gold. This reaction, however, possesses a smaller activation cross-section and is feasible only with un-moderated reactors.

It is also possible to eject several neutrons with very high energy into the other mercury isotopes in order to form 197Hg. However such high-energy neutrons can be produced only by particle accelerators

By the way OP you should really warn people if you are linking directly to a file even if it is a PDF.

edit on 21-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
A huge star explosion can make gold from lighter elements. In short nuclear fusion makes gold.

There is no man made gold, gold can only be purified through a couple different processes, look up stellar nucleosynthesis to see how gold is made.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Well knowing how to make scrap metal from a Porsche has been known for longer than 50 years also.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Considering that Lead and Gold are very close on the periodic table.
There are many articles that describe this actually being accomplished...many times not with intent to do so but, by mere accident.

chemistry.about.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

They weigh quite different. I grew up melting lead in a hot type print shop. I'd take a couple of the smaller ingots and paint them with metallic gold paint for my room and fool my friends. Really had them going too.

A cubic foot of lead weighs 321 kg, of 708 pounds, and a cubic foot of gold weighs 548.18 kg, or 1,206 pounds, a noticeable difference. just saying

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Interesting. I did not know of the other methods of making gold. thanks for the input and thanks for the heads up on linking files. (im still new to creating threads)

Now, I wonder if the method in the link I provided has a better energy efficiency then the others, and if understanding the mechanics can lead to better transmutation processes at lower energies.

Read some where about silver shot, yeast, and water in a bucket left out in the sun for a few weeks can create gold if the mental intention allows it... but the data was from a known con man named Dr. Joe Champion, even though a con man I still wonder if anything in his method has any validity, especially the mental intention part. because I read that in alchemical process the spiritual state of the alchemist is essential for the lab to work, and i wonder how much the bio field can affect the interactions of atoms and chemicals.

Anyways, thankss for the input everyone

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
tech.groups.yahoo.com...

That experiment has an account of iron transmuted to magnesium if I recall right.
Giving off energy of heat and flames although small and no where near Tesla's 6 foot flame.
The water in the OP results is perhaps useful in supplying Hydrogen.

High voltage bombardment shakes up the components and we check the results.
There is still hordes of gold lying about though as I was wondering about the
Lost Dutchman's Mine today and the Victroio Peak stash of Noss.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I have been interested in alchemy for over 35 years and I have come across some very interesting websites with very interesting work Alchemy Work, of things that are as a result of alchemy projects. For example there is Dr. Joe Champion, whom I have had a privilage of speaking with and actually doing a process that can use Yeast to plate silver with gold. some of the results are on the link above.

Alchemy is first and foremost about the inner transmutation, without an Inner Change its impossible to get the philosophers stone.

While some have actually made the elixir of life, from gold, silver and other noble metals, most of them are chemically made. I would run from chemical colloids. Colloidal Gold Atoms rated at 3000 PPM is the purest version I have seen of the elixir of life, since to make the philosophers stone, Gold has to be used, along with some other elements. So when you have atomic size particles of Gold in Distilled water, there is nothing else out there that come close to the Elixir of Life. Another element that is also used is silver, colloidal silver 3000 PPM is another form of an elixir of life, except this is antiviral and antibacterial.

www.youtube.com...

To put it all together there are hundreds of formulas out there for the philosophers stone, but you would go crazy trying to figure out all the information and disinformation that is out there, plus you have the charlatans that want to attract a nice list of people, all while claiming to have the philosophers stone, so that they can sell a book or a product to.

edit on 22-12-2011 by precicio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizTheWiz
Interesting. I did not know of the other methods of making gold. thanks for the input and thanks for the heads up on linking files. (im still new to creating threads)

Now, I wonder if the method in the link I provided has a better energy efficiency then the others, and if understanding the mechanics can lead to better transmutation processes at lower energies.

No, and no. And gold is fairly abundant -- it's the extraction that's expensive.

Read some where about silver shot, yeast, and water in a bucket left out in the sun for a few weeks can create gold if the mental intention allows it... but the data was from a known con man named Dr. Joe Champion, even though a con man I still wonder if anything in his method has any validity, especially the mental intention part.

In order to change silver into gold, you have to add 32 protons and 62 neutrons to silver (these are subatomic particles) -- and there are no known biological processes that change the internal composition of an atom. In addition you'll also have to add another shell of electrons if you want that silver turned into gold.

You can do it by smashing atoms together at high energy. At low energy, they form compounds with other elements but do not absorb protons and neutrons from each other.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
in egyptian civilization one man succeed to tansmutate metal to gold

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
From what i've read about alchemy i thought it was all meant to be metaphorical. Turning the baser aspects of man (lead) to a higher (gold) state. If you can read between the lines it's more of a european karma sutra (tantra) thats been highly codified to prevent those poor dudes in the middle ages from getting stuck on a pyre. I may be wrong

I'm sure you all knew that, right ?
edit on 23-12-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

i like to believe that the works of alchemy were both metaphorical and literal.
The only evidence i need to increase my belief in its literalness is if anti matter can spontaneously occur in random places for extreme random reasons but i cant seem to find anything on anti proton besides in those super expensive particle accelerator experiments.

I wonder if Psychically induced antimatter can form from a mind operating at focused extremely high frequency (maybe kept as a flat line) causing atoms to bounce off each other and create the antimatter (but it is such a ridiculous wonder knowing how low of frequency the mind operates at compared to the frequency of sub atomic particles)

well... what ever! i appear to waste my time wit this when i should be growing vegetables

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Alchemy wasn't just the pursuit of spiritual perfection, it did of cover many different types of enquiry. It's a bit of a loose term, a bit like science today. There's lots of layers to the onion.

hehe make sure you have a magnetic containment field ( in a vacuum) for your anti-matter otherwise you may have a large explosion on ya hands !
edit on 25-12-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This should have some info for you...

Lead into Gold

If anything Lead should be the easiest to turn into gold since Lead has 82 protons, and Gold has 79. It explains more in the link.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

They've been able to transmute base metals in to gold for a while now, unfortunately the process is more expensive than the gold is worth in the long run so actually going through with it to make more gold available is not really feasible.

Apologies if someone's already mentioned it, as I've only looked at the OP, and not fully read the thread yet...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I am sure that alchemy and psychology are intimately linked on levels few would suspect.

The earth seems to have expanded some 3 times it's diameter during the last 250 million yrs - that extra matter was created right here on earth!

Organic life, plants trees etc seem purpose built as recievers of etheric, astral energies.

Animal life further processes these energies, whilst living out the most incredible biological social dramas - these energies are being forged and transmuted in their bloodstreams and nervous systems.

And then there is us...................

We are all forging these elements together - that is what much of the dramas of our lives are about - periodically the astral worlds condense straight into the physical to begin a new 'golden age' along with earth expansion, re-curvature of the earth's crust, new landmasses appearing, old ones sinking

new topics

top topics

join