It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jules Manson, Failed Tea Party Candidate, Calls For Assassination Of Obama, First Daughters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by brick38
A far right wing tea partier is calling for the death of the president.
.Source

You need to check your saource and your facts.
Huffpost says he's a "failed tea party candidate," for a city council seat.

Then it calls him a "libertarian."

In the closing paragraph, he calls himself a "Democratic candidate for Congress."

This thread is entirely misleading and untrue.

I could post the same story with the headline: "Democratic Candidate for Congress" Calls for Assasination, and it would be as true to the story as yours.

You have no credibility when you twist a story to fit your own political agenda. .

Pathetic.. .
edit on 21-12-2011 by jdub297 because: pathos

edit on 21-12-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

No problem at all.

It's just that article:

with a PNAC board member to promote the world gold standard, you know, the one that caused the Great Depression.

It's amazing that some people think having a gold standard is what caused the Great Depression. People need to be educated about these terms like globalization and commodity standard in order to understand things properly.

The bulk of the criticism against Ron is mostly misunderstanding of information.

~Keeper

link   
It is just so easy to take a little time to verify things before repeating them. His website does not mention the Tea Party anywhere, provided his search function is reliable. He does, however, have this to say

I am not a member of nor a registered voter with either of the two parties who control government at all levels. I am however a member of the Libertarian Party (constitutional conservative) but I am not loyal to any political party, institution, or business

julesmanson.com...

link   
I expect many more of these misleadingly titled threads to start popping up before the election. Seems Obama's supporters are running scared and are now grasping at straws to sway public opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
And he's white and probably a Christian... does that means that all whites and all Christians are evil? Nope.

Great association game you're playing there OP...

One nut says that and everybody is bad... Eh OP, welcome to reality where there's nutjobs in every group. I'm sure we can find democrats who murdered and raped people... let's start threads saying how all democrats are rapists and murderers...

I mean come on, ridiculous.
edit on 21-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

He can claim to be a "democratic candidate for Congress" but he isn't. He isn't a member of the Democratic party. He DID run for office as a Republican/Tea Party candidate and was soundly beaten. He DOES claim to be a member of the Libertarian Tea Party. According to the several articles on this topic, this was his outburst after losing in his election.

Wannabe Tea Party politician unleashes racist Facebook screed against President Obama

Jules Manson a true role model A symptom of the ideological divide in America

From Manson's own Web site:

I am however a member of the Libertarian Party (constitutional conservative)

FreakOutNation goes into a whole lot more depth in this idiot for anyone who really cares.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The title of the thread was to point out the political madness.
To say that this guys madness to murder the president and his wife and daughters is not
politically motivated.I wonder who is not living in reality

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by brick38

Of course the far left Huffington Post will emphasize this maniac's "affiliation" with the Tea Party, but this guy is no tea partier. He may claim to be, but I can sit here and claim to be an astronaut, but that doesn't make it so. There are nut jobs on all sides of every issue and ideology. There will be those that generalize and say that all TPers are like this, but that would be ignorant and ridiculous, and anyone who claims to be intellectually honest will agree with that.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by brick38

Maybe, but he doesn't appear to have any connection to the Tea Party organization, so the title is fallacious. A more accurate title would have been "Imbecile, a failed candidate for city council, call for the assassination..."

I don't think anyone here would have had a problem with that. Regardless of what "party" he aligned himself with, he should be dealt with according to the law.

The title of the thread was to point out the political madness.

It really looks like the point was to malign the Tea Party organization and its members.
edit on 21-12-2011 by WTFover because: Added quote and last line

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by jdub297

He can claim to be a "democratic candidate for Congress" but he isn't. He isn't a member of the Democratic party. He DID run for office as a Republican/Tea Party candidate and was soundly beaten. He DOES claim to be a member of the Libertarian Tea Party. According to the several articles on this topic, this was his outburst after losing in his election.
Wannabe Tea Party politician unleashes racist Facebook screed against President Obama
Jules Manson a true role model A symptom of the ideological divide in America
From Manson's own Web site:
I am however a member of the Libertarian Party (constitutional conservative)
FreakOutNation goes into a whole lot more depth in this idiot for anyone who really cares.

Since you allege to have read his page, then you KNOW he is not a member of the Tea Party Movement.

He is a Libertarian. Is that too hard for you spell, or are you just grasping at straws?
There is no such thing as a "Repulican/Tea Party" candidate.

It appears that you are incapable of independent analysis, so you just quote what other :"progressives" say he is.
Still pathetic. Patheticker
edit on 21-12-2011 by jdub297 because: I can't spell "know"

edit on 21-12-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
reply to post by brick38

Your source, the Huffington Post, is equivalent to Fox News for accuracy. In fact, this guy is a FAILED tea party candidate, running for a party that does not exist. Also, he's an avid Ron Paul supporter and calls himnself a libetarian: Form the article you sourced:

Manson, an avid Ron Paul supporter and libertarian, also writes that he has since been visited by the Secret Service, with whom he says he cooperated fully as he "was hiding nothing."

So your headline could just as accurately have stated: "Ron Paul Supporter calls for the assassination...."

Not only that, but he is apparently a Democrat as well....

n a post listed since the latest flare-up, Manson derisively announces a 2012 run for California's 28th State Senate district as a Democrat.

No wonder he is a failed candidate. He wanted Tea Party support, didn't get it, wanted Libertarian support, didn't get it, and now plans to run as a Democrat.

Why not just make the headline, "Confused, Racist Loser puts up Facebook rant that is subsequently removed."

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Since you allege to have read his page, then you KNOW he is not a member of the Tea Party Movement.

No, I don't know that he isn't a member of the Tea Party and neither do you. This guy is changing his story constantly and his claimed party affiliation just as well. It's the guys stated fandom of Ron Paul and Libertarianism that seems to have earned him the title of Tea Partier. "Tea Party" is just a label that can be applied to Republicans or Libertarians alike (but not apparently to Dems).

He is a Libertarian. Is that too hard for you spell, or are you just grasping at straws?

He also claimed to worship Ron Paul as a god. RP is the spiritual founder of the Tea Party. He tried to run on the Republican ticket too. See comment above.

There is no such thing as a "Repulican/Tea Party" candidate.

Then maybe you would like to explain all those Republican Tea Party candidates that were just elected to Congress.They've been addressed as Republican Tea Party members since they first ran and continue to be addressed as such. Get a clue.

ETA:
Some of the reason he may have been associated with the TP (according to NYPost)
His posts on Ron Paul's facebook page
His posts on Ron Paul's Web site page
His affiliation with RedPillLiberty a Tea Party Web site where the pics of Obama dressed as Hitler were first posted
His running as a Libertarian candidate (forever associated with Ron Paul even if Paul is a lifelong Republican)
His confessed adoration of Ron Paul.

In one post on Ron Paul's Facebook page, Jules Manson had this to say: "I may be atheist but Ron Paul is my god.

Several posts by Manson on Ron Paul's Facebook page have been removed, as well as several posts on other web sites.

I'm sure Ron Paul appreciates the attention from Mr. Manson.
edit on 21-12-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join