It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The finer things in life are all subjective. I believe you will enjoy this thread.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It is said that the kingdom of heaven is within. Beyond religious dogma, I have found this to be true.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Love is internally generated and outwardly expressed only to be internally interpreted by others. If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around to hear it, it only makes a vibration. When the observer is listening, that vibration becomes a sound. The right vibrations become translated as music. Everything that is enjoyed is personal and even the word joy would not exist without life. In fact, without life, this big beautiful universe would be completely and utterly arbitrary. Perhaps the fact that the universe is actually something beyond arbirtrary is the reason life emerged in the first place. But either way, without life, there is, for all intents and purposes, nothing.

Now we see the relationship between subjectively processing life and the physical universe. We give a dead universe meaning and purpose all because we interpret it as meaningful all because we observe it. Life is truly what you make it in every sense of the word. This is why I think the most powerful force in the universe is simply, awareness.

At the root of all intelligent actions is awareness. When you dig down deep into yourself and consider which part of you is the part that is actually existing you find that awareness is the part of you that the word "I" refers to. You are allowed to say, "I am" solely because you are aware and you have awareness. Therefore, without awareness and anything beyond awareness simply is not, unless of course, someone is aware of it. That makes awareness and anything perceived the only things that really exists. Since awareness is within you and is the only thing real, then it makes perfect sense to say that the kingdom of heaven is within. Where else could it be? There is nothing great that is not alive and life is the only thing that is great. So when you die, if you somehow remain alive, you will be in a place where greatness knows no bounds becuase the only thing that ever binded greatness was your body.

Since things don't become real until they are observed, and I am the observER, then that makes me solely responsible for the quality of existence including how real it is. A very deep and controversial question would be, "Since things don't become real until they are observed, and I am the observER, then does that make me the Creator of reality?" Think about that one. Have you ever experienced harmonious synchronicity between you and your environment? Its not what you perceive, but how you perceive it that brings about harmony. The way you perceive what is there morphs and shifts to confom to the demands of harmonious synchronicity. It can become almost like going into another universe where everything exists as a divine dance. It's really indescribable, but it's also happening everywhere, all the time, and is presented to you when the way you perceive the universe conforms to that futuristic, otherworldly, divine, celebratory, dance of forms. So, do I create reality? What is reality? I believe I already established that reality is a product of awareness. No I don't create perception, but I can create how I perceive. And how I perceive never has to be static, and it never has to be boring, and it never has to be monotone. I know that I can perceive life in such a way that life dances to the sound of my thoughts and my thoughts sing to the dance of life.

The question still reamains, "Do we create reality?" Awareness is reality and is what we are. We don't create that. BUT we definitely do create what we are aware OF and since we are aware of it, it is real.
edit on 21-12-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
so as soon as i stop reading your thread, you're not real anymore. that's ridiculous.

when i'm home alone and no one is observing me, i'm also not real.

that's what you're basically saying.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around to hear it, it only makes a vibration.

I starred you because I like to see when people are digging for answers. It shows that there are still people awake in the world.

But the statement that I singled out is wrong IMO. All you need is a recording device to prove that statement wrong. Just because there is no one in a given place at a given time to hear sound, that doesn't mean that the sound doesn't exist. It simply means there is no one around to hear it.

Thinking things through can be a good thing, but there is such a thing as overcomplicating matters. The best example I can think of is that there is an algebraic equation, it's quite long actually, that goes on to prove that 1+1=3. Anybody with a 1st grade education knows this to be wrong, but within the circle of people who made that equation, it's right because they need it to be so for their own unique purposes. A classic example of creating your own reality.

All in all though, it's a good post.

edit on 21-12-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
so as soon as i stop reading your thread, you're not real anymore. that's ridiculous.

when i'm home alone and no one is observing me, i'm also not real.

that's what you're basically saying.

This thread isn't for you.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around to hear it, it only makes a vibration.

I starred you because I like to see when people are digging for answers. It shows that there are still people awake in the world.

But the statement that I singled out is wrong IMO. All you need is a recording device to prove that statement wrong. Just because there is no one in a given place at a given time to hear sound, that doesn't mean that the sound doesn't exist. It simply means there is no one around to hear it.

A recording device only records the vibration and converts it into digital memory. Then, the digital memory is then converted back into the vibration only to be observed and interpreted by a living observer. I would like to define life as, "an observer with the ability to interpret information." At the moment of interpretation, the vibration is given meaning and called, "sound". If you were a deaf person riding in a car with a loud subwoofer, you would hear no sound, but would feel the vibration. Your ears give your brain the ability to interpret that vibration as sound. Your ability to interpret is precisely what gives anything in the universe meaning. At the root of alll interpretation is awareness. Some entities are able to interpret different things and in different ways because their bodies give awareness that opportunity. There are sounds you can't hear that dogs can, but the sound is still there, for the dog anyway. It's not there for you. The only thing that will ever be real for you is what you focus on and the only thing that will ever be real for me is what I focus on.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Two people can have the same vibrations hit them, yet they will hear different things. This proves that the "soundness" is created by you, not by the vibration. Nothing is heard until the pattern is given meaning by the awareness. Just like no image is seen until a TV interprets the pattern hitting it.

That said, they are two sides of the same coin, however our common sense doesn't deal with them correctly. The experience of hearing is entirely individual and comes from within. 1+1=2 is not true, and 1+1=3 is not false. The *experience of "one item" and "one other item" creates a sense of "two items" is a true experience. However 1+1=3 are just marks to represent the intangible ideas. This is why the ideas are able to be expressed in different languages. We confuse our language with the truth, just as we confuse our experience with the vibration.

The sound you hear is not real relative to someone who is deaf but can feel on their skin the tree falling. Likewise when color synesthesiacs hear certain sounds, the colors they see are as just as "fake" relative to you, as sounds you hear aren't real relative to a deaf person. Yet the colors are utterly real to the synesthesiacs. Which of you is seeing "reality" truthfully?
edit on 21-12-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

It's easier to understand this if you look at it in a different way. When someone exits your perception, they do still exist, just not for you, at that moment. Your perception is your reality, therefore, in your reality that person doesn't exist at that time. The universe is within you, and without you, at the same time.

If you keep your mind closed to this idea, you won't even be able to find out if it's real or not. The chance of seeing for yourself if it is indeed the case won't be possible. The door will remain closed until you accept that it's even a possibility. If you do open that door you will become curious and explore the idea, eventually working your way up to seeing it more and more, which forms a belief in it, and then it becomes more and more real the stronger your believe in it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Life is truly what you make it in every sense of the word. This is why I think the most powerful force in the universe is simply, awareness.

I don't think anyone is going to argue that love and joy are subjective, but the fact remains that we don't have control over every aspect of our life. Much of what we experience is autonomous, from muscle contractions to exhaustion and growth. We can make the most out of the conditions of birth, but every sense of the word would imply full control.

"Since things don't become real until they are observed, and I am the observER, then does that make me the Creator of reality?" Think about that one.

I would argue that things don't become observed until they are observed. I have no observational experience of life before my birth, but there are pictures, stories, video and testimonies from those that have lived before me to convince me that there was a reality existing before I was born, and likely that same one will continue once I perish, to think otherwise is to disregard and discredit all consistent mutually shared information about what we call history; a history that we trust to be apart of but certainty can't take credit for observing.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Thank you very much for the treat. I did enjoy it very much! It is my opinion that you are definitely on the right heading towards awakening and enlightenment. I say that in the sense that I feel sincerity and knowledge of 'self' in your posts, not in any sense that I assume to be enlightened or hold any superiority. For the second time you've left me with not much to add, for you have articulated wonderfully!

Peace to you my brother.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

"the fact remains that we don't have control over every aspect of our life. Much of what we experience is autonomous, from muscle contractions to exhaustion and growth."

If you consider the concepts of Oneness, Pantheism, as within so without, and as above so below then you will understand that everything is not merely autonomous. Each and every iota from the micro to the macro is an interconnected aspect of Consciousness expressing and experiencing it's Self.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I have wondered, what makes something look "good" and something else look "bad" - what is it that distinguishes a bad taste from a good one, what is it that gives the world its "colour" and what would happen if these "colours" were to be taken away...

new topics

top topics

join