It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

angels are masculine like God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by colbe
They are warriors as we read in Scripture. All the feminine angel depictions, how did this happen?

Michael Voris' comments...from The Vortex:

www.youtube.com...

Uhm, all the artists during the Renaissance were Catholic and they are the ones who depicted them as such. That is why, the Catholic church approved of it and the artists painted it.

Going on the premise that the church had to approve images , was it just during that period the artists had to abide by their directions when quoting scripture aligned with certain renderings as far as your aware . Just paintings or all material drawn during this period in time ? If it comes across as a loaded question it is .

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110

Originally posted by WarminIndy

They are warriors as we read in Scripture. All the feminine angel depictions, how did this happen?

Michael Voris' comments...from The Vortex:

www.youtube.com...

Uhm, all the artists during the Renaissance were Catholic and they are the ones who depicted them as such. That is why, the Catholic church approved of it and the artists painted it.

Going on the premise that the church had to approve images , was it just during that period the artists had to abide by their directions when quoting scripture aligned with certain renderings as far as your aware . Just paintings or all material drawn during this period in time ? If it comes across as a loaded question it is .

I think that is very possible. But I don't read a Catholic Bible.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I brought it up because da Vinci wasn't the only one that drew Mary Magdalene sitting at the Last Supper .( from the 1596 Rome publication Hieronymi Pradi et Ioannis Baptistae Villalpandi ... In Ezechielem explanationes et apparatus vrbis ac templi Hierosolymitani )

edit on 21-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wow! In Psalm 91 (90 in the Douay-Rheims), verses 11-13, God tells David the
angels will guard and protect him. I didn't realize that till today.

www.drbo.org...

Look at these many Scripture references. Angels are "spirit" but they appear to us as masculine, males. I bet in everyone of these references, the angel is male.

Our guardian angels would be male, they are our "protectors."

shared...from www.scripturecatholic.com... John Salza is a great apologist.

The word “angel” (in Hebrew (singular/plural), malak/malakim; in Greek, aggelos/aggelois) means “messenger” or one who is deputed.” Angels are pure spiritual and immortal beings created by God “in the beginning” (Gen. 1:1), who glorify God without ceasing (Rev. 4:8) and help carry out God’s plan of salvation of the human family (Heb. 1:14). The angels, like humans, have intelligence, will and emotion (Luke 2:10; 15:10). Angels can see God (Matt. 18:10), are called sons of God (Job 1:6; 38:7) and are ministers of God’s will (Psalm 103:20; Matt. 4:1; 13:49; 26:53). While the angels are spirits, they can assume bodily form (John 20:12; Heb. 13:2; Acts 6:15). Angels also have their own language (1 Cor. 13:1). There is a prodigious number of angels (Luke 2:13; Heb. 12:22; Rev. 5:11; Dan. 7:10; Psalm 67:18).

Through salvation history, angels have appeared to human beings, such as Zechariah (Zech. 2:3), Samson’s mother (Judges 13:3), Joseph (Matt. 1:20; 2:13-19), Zachariah (Luke 1:11,19-20), the Blessed Virgin Mary (Luke 1:26-38), the shepherds (Luke 2:9,15), Jesus during His agony in the garden (Luke 22:43), the apostles after the Resurrection (Matt 28:2) and after the Ascension (Acts 1:10). Angels have also assisted human beings with affairs on earth, such as Abraham (Gen. 18; 22:11), Hagar (Gen. 16:7; 21:17), Lot (Gen. 19), Jacob (Gen. 28:12), Elijah (1 Kings 19:5), Daniel (Dan. 6:22), Tobit (Tobit 5:6-22), Peter (Acts 10:19; 12:7-11), Cornelius (Acts 10:3; 11:13), and the eunuch (Acts 8:26-39).

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog8110

The highest heavenly creatures are called Seraphim, a word which the Jewish Enclyclopedia states, means "fiery flying serpent", though medieval Christians have transformed these "dragons" into the more familiar cartoon like Angels of popular culture. When the ancient Jews translated the word Seraphim into Greek, the word they used was drakon, which is the word our modern "dragon" is derived from.
The Seraphim, for all effects and purposes, were not the Angels, IMHO. These surely were supernatural creatures, perhaps ETs. We really have no real way of knowing, for certain.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
-
I have met four angels that I know of, two were male and two were female.

I did this also, only they were not Angels, per se, they were my higher Self, or, as Crowley called it, my Holy Guardian Angel. They stood together, identical twins, but decidedly male and female, and each had wings, and they glowed with a silver hue. They were beautiful to behold, for a few minutes I just stared at them. I will never forget this.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I met up with, so to speak, four individuals (or at least I assume so because they all appeared very different from the others and they sounded different from each other) on four different occasions (only one individual at a time).

Each time, it started with me being in a kind of momentary paralysis which went away and the experience continued on while in an active state where I was moving and doing things physically.
edit on 23-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by colbe

Zechariah 5:9

Then I lifted up my eyes and looked, and there two women were coming out with the wind in their wings; and they had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heavens.

Matthew 22:30

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

edit on 21-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

newcovenant, hello,

Zachariah 5:7-11 [7] And behold a talent of lead was carried, and behold a woman sitting in the midst of the vessel. [8] And he said: This is wickedness. And he cast her into the midst of the vessel, and cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof. [9] And I lifted up my eyes and looked: and behold there came out two women, and wind was in their wings, and they had wings like the wings of a kite: and they lifted up the vessel between the earth and the heaven. [10] And I said to the angel that spoke in me: Whither do these carry the vessel? [11] And he said to me: That a house may be built for it in the land of Sennaar, and that it may be established, and set there upon its own basis.

[11] The land of Sennaar: Where Babel or Babylon was built, Gen. 11., where note, that Babylon in holy writ is often taken for the city of the devil: that is, for the whole congregation of the wicked: as Jerusalem is taken for the city and people of God.

I read with the help of the footnotes, Zachariah is given a vision of a parchment with evil men's names on it carried by beings not God's angels to a place that is Babylon. Zachariah asks and God's angel replies to explain what he is seeing.

Matthew 22:29-30
At the resurrection therefore whose wife of the seven shall she be? for they all had her. [29] And Jesus answering, said to them: You err, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God. [30] For in the resurrection they shall neither marry nor be married; but shall be as the angels of God in heaven.

Jesus silences the Zadducees and their trick questions, explaining to them there is no marriage in Heaven.

www.drbo.org...

Good thread! But marriage not existing in heaven doesn't mean God is masculine, I believe God is like a fire or light. I am sure we can find examples of this in scripture right?

Angels in the bible are described as horses and chariots of fire.

and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. 2 Kings 6:17

Are you guys smart enough to make the UFO connection? I am not saying aliens helped Elisha, I am saying that if it was modern day we would call them UFOs. Horses and chariots were the ways of transportation in that day, if planes existed they would have called them planes of fire.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Some angels are definitely masculine, all muscle and warrior types.

The first angel (that I remember) I met in the spirit, was a gatekeeper, he was a male angel.

Then in a night vision (astral projection?) I saw my guardian angel (male) dressed in his fine embroidered robe (richly ornate and colourful) in the throne room of God. The background of this huge space was like lapis lazuli and God was in the middle; He was like light; a big ball of light around a form I couldn't make out, sitting on a throne, with all the angels around Him.
The babies of the world had their angels nearest to God and as they got older the angels got further away, as if the babies were more important and needed more care. So that meant the older humans had their angels around the far edge.

Later in my life, when I was pulled into Heaven to see my miscarriaged baby, it was by a masculine angel, very muscular, (bulging muscles actually) and huge wings.
When I got there, my baby was being looked after by a definitely feminine angel, as were my other babies, all had one each.

I and my sister, have also met in the flesh, two angels when I lost my two dogs. They took the form of teenage boys. But they were too nice to be teenage boys.

When I was courting my husband, he and I saw a man angel, who saved my husband's life.

Then when my eldest was a baby, I met two more angels in the flesh; a spotty teenage girl and an old wise man with glasses and a suit.

I have met at least 20 angels, in the flesh or in the spirit, and they definitely had different genders.
The feminine actually had mammary glands!!! and shapely figures and were very beautiful.

I can not be sure of this but on a website called educateyourself.org there was an article that says that God has made many various creatures; and not all share our human shape! Even in Revelation there are mention of bird creatures.
They also say that the angels had had cities and planets like the Earth (Rahab comes to mind) and they have gone through what we will be going through, in the next decade. (Not sure about this but it does sound right.)

My youngest has seen a vision of good dragons battling bad dragons, so why not?

So I do not agree with the OP based on my and my family's experiences.

And although you should worship none other than God, you should respect the Mother Earth, as she is alive. This isn't just pagan nor new age, this is what Christians believed before the inquisitions purged this knowledge.
And the Romans got rid of any mention of women being more spiritual than men from the Bible. The Celtic (Issac sons=Saxons) nations treated their women equally and so did Jesus. And He still does.

Peace

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

And the Romans got rid of any mention of women being more spiritual than men from the Bible.

Not just the Romans.
In the oldest Greek versions of the Old Testament, there were female priests in the Sinai community who served to ritually cleanse the people as they entered the tabernacle area. (think Jesus washing his disciple's feet)
That was later removed from the Hebrew versions.
edit on 24-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

since we're on the topic of the gender of YAHUVEH (GOD) and his messengers, or angels as we call them, i want to divulge.

i believe Three in One (God the Father, YAHUVEH, God the Holy Spirit, RUACH HA KODESH, God the Son, YAHUSHUA) concept makes alot of sense. This is where we get our image of family, a father,mother, and son.

YAHUVEH, God the Father, is masculine (obviously)
RUACH HA KODESH, God the Holy Spirit, is feminine. The Holy Spirit is very nurturing and loving and warm, just like how a mother should be.
YAHUSHUA is the beloved Son, my savior

NOTE: Pastor Elisabeth Elijah of the Amightywind Ministries was given this secret by YAHUVEH through the RUACH HA KODESH, i can take no credit for this information.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
This message from Heaven is wonderful. Get close to your guardian angel,
speak to him. If you are meeting with say difficult people. Ask your guardian angel to go the difficult ones, their guardian angels to prepare the way,
open up communication.

Here's the message. One other, there is a famous saint in our time who was given many charisms. His name is St. Padre Pio. He could bilocate.

It figures, the angels can too. And Alanus is a male name.

+ + +

message to Maureen

December 24, 2011
Public

Printer Friendly Page

Alanus (My Guardian Angel) says: "Praise be to Jesus."

"I am with you in every present moment. This is true of everyone's guardian angel. It is our job to help those in our charge to live in Holy Love; but I stand next to you as a Seraphim - the most powerful of all the angels. When you pray, I surround you with ministering angels that carry your prayers to God's Eternal Throne on High. Therefore, never be discouraged in prayer. Heaven has turned a benevolent ear towards you."

"Do not be afraid to send me off to serve others. I, like all other Heavenly beings, can bi-locate. Therefore, I can assist others far away and still be with you. That is what it is like to live in Heaven where there is no time or space."

"I am your strength in your weakness. I am your peace in any anxiety. I can turn the crudeness of people to mildness. I can suggest alternatives in the face of seeming failures or defeat."

"Therefore, learn to depend on me all the more. I stand at your service - as your guardian and companion."

www.holylove.org...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

This message from Heaven is wonderful. Get close to your guardian angel,
speak to him. If you are meeting with say difficult people. Ask your guardian angel to go the difficult ones, their guardian angels to prepare the way,
open up communication.

Here's the message. One other, there is a famous saint in our time who was given many charisms. His name is St. Padre Pio. He could bilocate.

It figures, the angels can too. And Alanus is a male name.

+ + +

message to Maureen

December 24, 2011
Public

Printer Friendly Page

Alanus (My Guardian Angel) says: "Praise be to Jesus."

"I am with you in every present moment. This is true of everyone's guardian angel. It is our job to help those in our charge to live in Holy Love; but I stand next to you as a Seraphim - the most powerful of all the angels. When you pray, I surround you with ministering angels that carry your prayers to God's Eternal Throne on High. Therefore, never be discouraged in prayer. Heaven has turned a benevolent ear towards you."

"Do not be afraid to send me off to serve others. I, like all other Heavenly beings, can bi-locate. Therefore, I can assist others far away and still be with you. That is what it is like to live in Heaven where there is no time or space."

"I am your strength in your weakness. I am your peace in any anxiety. I can turn the crudeness of people to mildness. I can suggest alternatives in the face of seeming failures or defeat."

"Therefore, learn to depend on me all the more. I stand at your service - as your guardian and companion."

www.holylove.org...

A masculine angel again, bumping up this message from Heaven.

Imagine, bilocation! God can do anything.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Colbe, wow, more of your hatred of women coming out again. You never stop do you? In the other thread you kept wanting to know if I was a lesbian because I believe in the Mother Goddess. You must have asked me 3 or 4 times. Now I want to know Colbe...since you worship a God you insist is male and you've put your energy into creating a thread that angels are male.... Does that make you a homosexual Colbe?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat
Colbe, wow, more of your hatred of women coming out again. You never stop do you? In the other thread you kept wanting to know if I was a lesbian because I believe in the Mother Goddess. You must have asked me 3 or 4 times. Now I want to know Colbe...since you worship a God you insist is male and you've put your energy into creating a thread that angels are male.... Does that make you a homosexual Colbe?

You would never reply, who would call God a woman but a lesbian? It makes no sense to straight people. The thread topic is true, angels appear as masculine even though they are spirit.

It's kinda frightening, you searching out another of my threads to reply in. Please leave me alone LunaKat.

The administration said to stop with the personal attack.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
An angel story, the headline article at spiritdaily.com yesterday.

Remember this advise if you can't reach a loved one and you get the
feeling they or actually know they are in trouble. Same for yourself,
always...call on your angel.

_ _ _

Angel to the Rescue

Do angels really guard us and interact with us? This short story by Paulie Ruby from Minot, ND was included in the Amazing Grace for Mothers book. It's a testimony that we are not alone.

One foggy morning I heard my son Dan's truck leave and I began to hustle. I was a slow starter this chilly morning and knew my husband would be waiting--
not so patiently--for me to begin our own route.

We have an unusual family business--garbage hauling. We called it Circle Sanitation (for family circle). Dan had been very instrumental in getting the business off its feet. Later on, my other son, Randy also joined us in this family business. Now, twenty-five years later, even some of the grandchildren help out.
During the early years, I often filled in working on the trucks. On this particular morning, I hadn't gone but a few steps from the house when I froze in terror. The strongest sense of danger I had ever experienced paralyzed me like a statue. I could not move. My mind and heart raced. I had a strong sense that my son Dan was in danger.
I felt panicked and helpless. “What could I do?” I thought. My beloved Grandmother Frances suddenly came to mind. She was part of a large population of devout German Catholics who immigrated to North Dakota via Russia. Her iron-strong Catholicism was the center of our close-knit family. Her words came to me. "In times of trouble, you can send your guardian angel." Frantically I prayed, to my angel: "Go to Dan. Help Dan!"
Moments later, I was able to take a step. Bewildered, I slowly walked outside the house to the shop. The whole incident baffled me. I decided I had better not tell my husband since I did not really understand what had just happened.
Ray and I hopped into the truck and drove to our destination. “This fog is really bad,” Ray commented as we passed a car in the ditch.
Once again Grandma's influence came through as I recited my mini-prayer, "Jesus, Mary, Joseph please help him.”
Gradually, the scary premonition faded as the work day got underway. At then end of the day, we all parked our trucks in the shop and gathered to talk. My son then related an early morning experience. While he was driving toward his route on the four lane highway, wondering when the fog might lift, he was suddenly overcome with a
strong urge to pull into the other lane. Since there seemed no logical reason why he should pull over, he resisted. Wondering where the feeling was coming from, he looked around for any signs of trouble. There was none but he could not shake the strong feeling to pull over. Dan finally gave in and pulled over. No sooner had he done that when a vehicle came driving down the wrong side of the road. It sped by him in the lane he had just vacated.
I asked him, approximately, what time this had happened? The time of his dilemma and mine coincided. Was it a coincidence? I do not think so. I think the angel, called on at the prompting of my Grandma’s influence, protected my son, Dan, that day.

Paulie Ruby

Paulie and Ray have been married for 40 years. They raised their two sons in rural Minot and are very proud of all their sixteen grandchildren.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I met two myself, but hesitate to call them Angels as in the Biblical sense. They were my Higher Self/Holy Guardian Angel from the Golden Dawn Tradition. Identical twins, but decidedly male and female, both glowed with a silver sheen, and both had wings. They were beautiful, and helped me in ways no human ever could to defeat my inner problems. I remember thinking at the time, "this is where people got the idea of Angels from."

In all my travels on the Ether, the Astral Plane, I have never, to my memory, seen or encountered an Angel as described in the Bible. Saw all kinds of other things though, you would be shocked at how human thought forms end up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join