It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

angels are masculine like God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
They are warriors as we read in Scripture. All the feminine angel depictions, how did this happen?

Michael Voris' comments...from The Vortex:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
They are warriors as we read in Scripture. All the feminine angel depictions, how did this happen?

www.youtube.com...

Nice try though but it was just the opposite. The sacred feminine was hidden and removed from all the writings of the church as a way to keep women in line and because the men were so threatened. At this point it is difficult to tell what is the truth but although many angels are appropriately masculine there are a great many feminine characters who in translation, have vanished or been turned into men.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

www.youtube.com...

Nice try though but it was just the opposite. The sacred feminine was hidden and removed from all the writings of the church as a way to keep women in line and because the men were so threatened. At this point it is difficult to tell what is the truth but although many angels are appropriately masculine there are a great many feminine characters who in translation, have vanished or been turned into men.

Angels are "messengers" of God. They represent God. God is a spirit and has always presented Himself as masculine. Show in Scripture or in the oral Tradition any account of a feminine angel.

blessings,

colbe

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
In the replacement of the female to the male . They included the male angels with cloven hoofs hmmm .

Seraphim's were supposed to have 6 wings not 4 , why does the church allow so many different variations and continue to dispute one over the other . It would be doing their cause better if the variations were not there in the first place . Do they not oversee what is being called and or depicted as factual happenings on their behalf . This is why they have the issues within their ranks . imo

Male / female , angels with hoofs ? Seriously though .
edit on 21-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110
In the replacement of the female to the male . They included the male angels with cloven hoofs hmmm .

watchdog,

Why did you select such a scary avatar pic?

And God is feminine...no way. Neither are the angels.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Zechariah 5:9

Then I lifted up my eyes and looked, and there two women were coming out with the wind in their wings; and they had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heavens.

Matthew 22:30

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

edit on 21-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It is only ( Harvey ) from a TV series .
2nd

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
-
I have met four angels that I know of, two were male and two were female.

I should note that the females (not together but on separate occasions) were just talking and were stationary, while the males were actively doing physical things.
edit on 21-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by colbe

Zechariah 5:9

Then I lifted up my eyes and looked, and there two women were coming out with the wind in their wings; and they had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heavens.

Matthew 22:30

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

edit on 21-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

newcovenant, hello,

Zachariah 5:7-11 [7] And behold a talent of lead was carried, and behold a woman sitting in the midst of the vessel. [8] And he said: This is wickedness. And he cast her into the midst of the vessel, and cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof. [9] And I lifted up my eyes and looked: and behold there came out two women, and wind was in their wings, and they had wings like the wings of a kite: and they lifted up the vessel between the earth and the heaven. [10] And I said to the angel that spoke in me: Whither do these carry the vessel? [11] And he said to me: That a house may be built for it in the land of Sennaar, and that it may be established, and set there upon its own basis.

[11] The land of Sennaar: Where Babel or Babylon was built, Gen. 11., where note, that Babylon in holy writ is often taken for the city of the devil: that is, for the whole congregation of the wicked: as Jerusalem is taken for the city and people of God.

I read with the help of the footnotes, Zachariah is given a vision of a parchment with evil men's names on it carried by beings not God's angels to a place that is Babylon. Zachariah asks and God's angel replies to explain what he is seeing.

Matthew 22:29-30
At the resurrection therefore whose wife of the seven shall she be? for they all had her. [29] And Jesus answering, said to them: You err, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God. [30] For in the resurrection they shall neither marry nor be married; but shall be as the angels of God in heaven.

Jesus silences the Zadducees and their trick questions, explaining to them there is no marriage in Heaven.

www.drbo.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

It is only ( Harvey ) from a TV series .
2nd

Thanks for explaining, I feel a lot better.

colbe

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe All the feminine angel depictions, how did this happen?

The names of Biblical angels like Michael and Raphael have become masculine names, and they were probably understood as male rather than female.
However, I think you will find that the official theological view is that they are genderless.

As for "how did they become feminine?", we must surely blame Victorian sentimentality. They were the ones who produced the first Christmas cards,
Also the fact that the teachers who produce Nativity Plays have to find parts for little girls as well as for little boys.

edit on 21-12-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Hi colbe,

I posted something in a thread of mine, could be interesting
It is currently the last post in this thread.
the last post

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Sorry, I have met one and she was a nice person, even though of few words. No, she did not have wings, she was pretty however and yes we just floated in a sky while she conveyed her few words. I was also beside a higher power later and it was neither masculine no female, it was not discernible.

But then I don't judge and I don't belong to any of mans religion nor buy into any dogma.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by colbe All the feminine angel depictions, how did this happen?

The names of Biblical angels like Michael and Raphael have become masculine names, and they were probably understood as male rather than female.
However, I think you will find that the official theological view is that they are genderless.

As for "how did they become feminine?", we must surely blame Victorian sentimentality. They were the ones who produced the first Christmas cards,
Also the fact that the teachers who produce Nativity Plays have to find parts for little girls as well as for little boys.

colbe, hello
I think this is the best answer. Angles are notably genderless and in the image of God who must be both feminine and masculine to be completely whole.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

By all definition then being both male and female . That would make them hermaphrodites correct ?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
They are energy beings, created from light, and have no gender.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
God has no need for gender. There are simply no organs whatsoever so no it is not hermaphrodite. God is the Masculine and Feminine not the Male and Female. The Angels on the other hand are both male and female if you are to believe the stories of the nephalem. Just because the bible only tells the stories of the use of male angels does not mean the female version does not exist, especially sense it makes no sense to create a male without the female as the males member would be for nothing. It would serve no purpose save one I do not wish to enter into. Its only logical.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The bible reads like tax law loop holes for the wealthy .

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

reply to post by newcovenant

By all definition then being both male and female . That would make them hermaphrodites correct ?

I think hermaphrodites is a term used to describe people of both sexes anatomically. Angels are on another plane altogether and with no sexual organs to speak of ...so no.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Uhm, all the artists during the Renaissance were Catholic and they are the ones who depicted them as such. That is why, the Catholic church approved of it and the artists painted it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join