It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow, eyeing U.S. missile defense plans, announces work on 100-ton “monster” missile

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Overview of Soviet / Russia ABM systems

Wikipedia - ABM systems

Russian ABM System

Ironically enough -
Russia to build airborne ABM system
While Russia is complaining about the US system they are also a part of it.

The Russian ABM system designer Igor Ashurbeili has told reporters that the next generation ballistic missile defence systems, currently being developed in Russia, will be airborne.

According to him, one of the land-based systems, the S-500 Samoderzhets, which is currently under development, will be passed into service in 2015. The S-500 could become Russia’s contribution to the European ABM system, the designer says.

The principled agreement on cooperation in developing the system was reached during last year’s Russia-NATO summit in Lisbon, but the two sides have still failed to thrash out the differences.

Russia is not opposed to an ABM system. What they are opposed to is certain aspects of the system with regards to Russian National Security. The European shield will not cover all of Russian territory for starters.

Their new generation of ICBM's are capable of thwarting the US NMD system as well as their older ICBMs currently in use. The NMD system was not geared at Russia - if it were they never would have been approached about cooperation, and they never would have agreed to that cooperation.

As far as the continued comments about the powers that be and special privilege this, not caring about Americans that has nothing to do with this topic.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
i say forget the 100 ton monster i suggest that all nations build the ultimate missile that is able to actually blow planet earth apart, now thats something even the aliens would think twice about...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
That really puts you in the christmas spirit doesn't it, a 100 ton missile named satan and why not stick with the season and call it santa. I thought I couldn't be suprised anymore with the dumb things we waste money on but as usual i was wrong.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

As bad as this sounds...

I actually miss the good 'ol days of the Warsaw Pact. Things seemed more stable then. Maybe it's just me...

<< 1   >>

join