It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past peaceful protest point?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Ok Iam gonna get MI5 or someone breaking down my door for this but I for one marched against the Iraq war with one million of my fellow Brits and it didn't change a thing so my question to you all is...At what point do we say peaceful protest is not going to change anything and at what point do we turn from peaceful to violent?
I really don't want to get all violent but I fear it is coming to a point where we the common people must do something to stop the PTB from destroying us all.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

'By any means necessary' in my opinion
edit on 20-12-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

So you want to incite violence in your own country as a means to end violence in another country?

Makes perfect sense!!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Gandhi managed to kick out a country that was occupying India through peaceful protest. Didn't matter how many times they were beaten they were still peaceful and won.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No not just the war etc, everything, the way we have been treated, the way that a third of the worlds population go hungry every night, the way we are used just to make the PTB richer, the fact that we are not heard, the fact that politicans just lie to get voted in and then just go back on what they have said.
We could really sort this world out but "they" don't want change "they" are happy with all the suffering in the world "they" don't want us to have a voice.(just see the new internet bill)
Hey Iam not for violence at all but there will be a point when I say enough is enough.
The USA did this to get rid of us Brits and they were right by taking up arms, they didn't just have a million people march about did they? they said enough is enough and did something.
Read my post again Iam asking at what point do we have to turn violent.

edit on 20-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

So you want to incite violence in your own country as a means to end violence in another country?

Makes perfect sense!!

Well we've been taught by our criminal military that we can achieve peace and democracy in other nations through death and war so...not really seeing your point?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Peaceful protest has never accomplished anything, really. Even Gandhi's "winning" was an illusion, just look at India today. They are still being raped like a Crown colony.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by seabag

No not just the war etc, everything, the way we have been treated, the way that a third of the worlds population go hungry every night, the way we are used just to make the PTB richer, the fact that we are not heard, the fact that politicans just lie to get voted in and then just go back on what they have said.
We could really sort this world out but "they" don't want change "they" are happy with all the suffering in the world "they" don't want us to have a voice.(just see the new internet bill)
Hey Iam not for violence at all but there will be a point when I say enough is enough.
The USA did this to get rid of us Brits and they were right by taking up arms, they didn't just have a million people march about did they? they said enough is enough and did something.
Read my post again Iam asking at what point do we have to turn violent.

I understand your frustration but a bunch of angry people inciting violence in the streets in an effort to solve the world’s problems will solve absolutely nothing (other than relieving some stress and pent up anger…and likely getting yourself locked up or worse).

You used the example of the American Revolution. There were huge numbers of people (13 colonies) being controlled by an authority that was 3,000+ miles away. They didn’t have the opportunity to vote like you have today. They had taxation without representation…you have representation. Vote the crooks out…

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Remember it is in the rant forum

But voting them out doesn't seem to work does it? they all promise change and nothing changes.
Remember Iam not saying the point is here for violent protest Iam asking everyone at which point do we turn to violence.
Also being a army guy (I think) at what point would you say No Iam not doing that, at what point would you turn on the people giving you orders or would you just follow them?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
according to my notes (the US) the war ended....

I dont know about there :-/

but I get your frustrations with elected officials, however violence really doesnt solve much you know???
edit on 20-12-2011 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
nah forget it, not worth answering to that last post if he doesnt even read the thread.
edit on 20-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join