It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-adultery site endorses Gingrich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

A website that promotes adultery has endorsed Newt Gingrich for president on billboards posted in Pennsylvania.

Pro-Adultery Website Endorses Gingrich

A website that promotes adultery has endorsed Newt Gingrich for president, and even erected a giant billboard in Pennsylvania to announce it. Next to a picture of Gingrich making a “shh” gesture, the billboard reads: “Faithful Republican, Unfaithful Husband.” Ashleymadison.com, a dating website for people looking to cheat on their spouses, welcomes visitors with the tag line, “Life is short, Have an affair.” Gingrich has admitted to cheating on his wives, and Noel Biderman, the founder of the cheaters website explained, “Now that Newt is the leading contender in the race for the GOP nomination, we felt compelled to make a point to illustrate how times have changed when a serial divorcee/adulterer is capturing the hearts of the American people.”

Think Progress.org

Is this a real serious endorsement or a backhanded way of reminding the American public of Gingrich's serial infidelities?

But hey, he's reformed right? He even signed a pledge promising not to cheat on his latest wife while in the White House.

Although I guess all bets may be off if he doesn't win the election?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Pfft. He's no Faithful Republican.

HAH.
edit on 20-12-2011 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is by far the most funny thing I have seen today. I don't know how this would be "good" spotlight for Mr. Newt but the billboard is totally worth it. Sure we live in a modern age, I'm a young man, non-religious, and find infidelity to be blasphemous. This, to me, is a shot at Newt, a good one at that.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

That is hilarious. While I'm not a Newt fan, I think the Billboard is still funny. Personally, I think one can be a great public servant, great leader, great politician, and terrible husband. I don't see any issue whatsoever with electing a womanizing adulterer. I wouldn't marry him, but I might vote for him.

Now, on the other hand, Newt's biggest problem is that he is a "Faithful Republican." Nobody wants a party-line candidate these days. We don't want another stuffed suit that will follow the party's agenda without any real leadership ability. We want a true leader that will make the right decisions regardless of the political fallout or consequences.

All the more reason there is only one viable candidate this election cycle. Click on the banner in my siggy for a "Ron Paul Anthem."

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

a backhanded way of reminding the American public of Gingrich's serial infidelities?

The quoted part seems more likely. I'm starting to really get why politics gets so many US members riled right up, you seem to have to put up with an awful lot of nutters and total nincompoop politicians insulting your intelligence on a regular basis. Our lot in the UK are nowhere near as interesting or entertaining. Good luck with getting Ron Paul in, hopefully he'll bring about the changes the whole world needs.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
Is this a real serious endorsement or a backhanded way of reminding the American public of Gingrich's serial infidelities?

His adultries are fair game. They speak to who the man is ... making promises and swearing to God to do something and then doing just the opposite. As for the endorsement ... I'm thinking that group probably got some funding $$$ to put that up from Newts competition ... be it Romney or some far left group. I have no proof ... but considering it's politics and all, I'd bet a box of donuts I'm right.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

See, you guys have your royalty for your entertainment and scandal, and politics are just politics. The Romans and Greeks had their Gods for drama and entertainment and politics were just politics. Here in the US, it is all rolled into one. Our politicians are our royalty and representatives of our gods, and they play all the roles at once. They preach, pander, and entertain. They have meteoric rises, and dramatic crash and burns!

I hate politics in the US.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

What's next?

A NAMBLA billboard with a picture of Sandusky on it?

In my opinion it's tastless and morally reprehensible.

So someone creates a website where families get torn apart and lives destroyed, and then capitalizes on other's personal issues as means of promotion?

OUR SOCIETY IS IN THE CRAPPER!
SHAME ON US!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I sincerely hope Newt has thought this whole thing out far better than he apparently thought out the first phase of his campaign which led to his whole campaign staff quitting on him and telling him where to stick it.

Obama doesn't run on merit. His history in Illinois politics is clear with that pattern. He attacks and obliterates the opposition by technical matter of qualification for the ballot, on personal baggage to bury them or just plain old dirty tricks. Every politician does it to some degree, but Obama could teach graduate level courses on it.

Enter Newt....with enough baggage in his past to stuff a greyhound bus by himself. He can overcome it, but only if he finds some guts and fights.

I foresee Obama fighting for his 2nd term with every single thing he has available and with every fiber of his being.....oh and a billion dollars or so they keep gloating about projecting for his war chest funds. If we don't get a conservative candidate willing to FIGHT...and FIGHT HARD...we have 4 more years of a President even Carter would likely have voted against in his more honest moments.

Ugh.... Newt isn't looking like he could fight a toddler for a lollipop and win, right at the moment.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't think they really want to endorse Gingrich one way or another.

They are using his current popularity to promote their website and grab headlines so they can get name recognition for their scuzzy website. Just imagine how many people will click on their site just to check out what they are all about. Even if only one in a thousand decides to register with the site, they can call it a win.

Now they're gonna get loads of free publicity from every news station that runs with this story, not to mention the attention they'll get from idiots posting this story on creepy interweb conspiracy sites and such.

The only thing they are endorsing is themselves. They're just using Gingrich's bad character to promote their website.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Amadeo

See, you guys have your royalty for your entertainment and scandal, and politics are just politics. The Romans and Greeks had their Gods for drama and entertainment and politics were just politics. Here in the US, it is all rolled into one. Our politicians are our royalty and representatives of our gods, and they play all the roles at once. They preach, pander, and entertain. They have meteoric rises, and dramatic crash and burns!

I hate politics in the US.

I have to admit, I follow US politics a lot more than I do UK politics, purely for the entertainment. People like Bachmann, Perry etc make my jaw hit the floor at times. I wish our royals were more scandalous, you can't beat a good exposé in the Sunday papers!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hey cool, this sign is local. Right in Morrisville off of route 1. I'll have to drive over there and check it out sometime, just for laughs.

A local article says why they targeted Pa and the Philly area in particular.

Did You Know?

Pennsylvania is the fourth fastest growing state with Ashley Madison membership on a per capita basis since 2008. The top five are:

1. Texas

2. Arizona

3. Oklahoma

4. Pennsylvania

5. Utah

In terms of city rankings (members / per capita basis), Pittsburgh is in our overall top ten below:

1. Portland, ME

2. San Antonio, TX (fastest growing city)

3. Phoenix, AZ (biggest spenders)

4. Salt Lake City, UT

5. Oklahoma City, OK

6. Pittsburgh, PA (peak signups during NFL off season)

7. Boston, MA (peak signups during MLB off season)

8. Chicago, IL (biggest age gap between men and women)

9. Dallas, TX

10. Orlando, FL

Philadelphia ranks in the top ten for most membership signups on the first work day after New Year's; this is one of the site's biggest days in regards to signups:

1. New York, NY

2. Dallas, TX

3. Los Angeles, CA

4. Boston, MA

5. Phoenix, AZ

6. San Antonio, TX

7. Charlotte, NC

8. Miami, FL

9. Milwaukee, WI

10. Philadelphia, PA

"I'd be lying if I told you it was for his approach on the immigration policy," Ashley Madison founder and CEO Noel Biderman said in a phone interview Tuesday. "It's squarely on the shoulders, that if he is successful the way President Clinton was, that politicians can run and stay in office even if they have an indiscretion."

Biderman said the website didn't endorse any presidential candidates in the 2008 race, though he noted it clearly has a "fondness" for former President Clinton.

"He's a president after our own heart," he said.

But the GOP-packed 2012 presidential race seemed like an ideal opportunity to throw its membership's support behind a candidate, though Biderman acknowledged that its members were not polled about Gingrich.

"This hopefully resonates and maybe makes him more human," he added. "If we removed every unfaithful politician, I don't know if you'd have anyone left to govern."

Phillyburbs.com

edit on 12/20/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

People seem to like to compare Gingrich to Clinton. I am not sure if that is a flattering comparison to either one. A lot of people over looked Bill Clintons affairs by commenting that if they were married to Hillary they would cheat too. I really don't believe it would have been overlooked as easily if his wife had been a sweet lady instead of a barracuda.

new topics

top topics

join