It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lesser known mysteries (supports many theories on ATS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
First of all i am horrible with computers, so i am going to just copy and paste the link!

listverse.com...

A lot of these mysteries support conspiracies on this site. To me they are proof that our earth is not what it seems.

Also if this has been posted before, sorry it didnt show up on the first few search pages

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

The Ural Relief Map is my favorite one from the list. I still don't know if it is a hoax or real (I have seen it mentioned on the internet for a while). But if it is indeed real, oh boy, that changes every single little thing we know about us.
Thanks for the link, OP

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I wish listverse would post their sources.

They usually don't.

And this is exactly the kind of list that requires them.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

True. So does anyone know if the Ural Relief Map is a verifiable discovery?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cakeordeath

Really the relief map was your fav? Haha man i liked the catacombs. It is perfect coverup. There are reptilian aliens down there. Government came in scrubbed the walls. Kill the lead arch. Sounds like coverup to me. But ya i found em all really interesting.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I would not doubt its true. This map is famous. Unexplained.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

#9, the amphibians of Mesopotamia was mentioned in an episode (or two) of Stargate SG1

This is pretty cool though, thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

I was always suspicious about these science fiction writers. Call me crazy but i believe some could be aliens that are slowly trying to descentisize us over time. Or maybe i am just crazy. O.o

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Yes it is my favorite because:

Scientists place its actual age at 120 million years. A geological test of the slab concluded that it consisted of 3 layers, the base being 14cm thick dolomite, the second being a diopside glass unknown to science, while the third is a protective layer of calcium porcelain. Chuvyrov said ‘It should be noted, that the relief has not been manually made by an ancient stonecutter. It is simply impossible. It is obvious that the stone was machined

If (big if) that is true, that would be irrefutable evidence of the Ancient Astronaut Theory. That, pretty much, and by itself would answer most of the conspiracy theories of today. It would be an earth-shattering huge discovery!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Ah, the Piri Reis Map. Well, we are on the same boat here. If it is a real discovery, it implies that someone had the ability to fly by then

S&F, OP

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

120 million years is a pretty long time.... Lol ok you win.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I do like this too. These are all proof that we arent as young as we think. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Good ol' Urals map.
It is a hoax.
To really find the most interesting things,search on ATS cause they have covered it over and over again to exhaustion.

The "urals map" is a hoax... an article from Pravda. This has about the same credibility as any "Bat Boy" story. It DOES exist, but what it is, is a part of an ancient sea bed with ripples and other current marks that have been turned to stone. That's how the seashell got in it. We could pick out any number of similar rocks down here in Texas in what is known as the "Boquillas formation" here in the Devil's River (Del Rio) area.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And the Piri Reis map as well,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-12-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread. I'm not sure I can thank you enough. This is what I didn't know of before, and what I'll now spend serious time learning more about:

Vimanas are the mythical flying machines chronicled in the ancient Sanskrit epics of India. The story of the Vimana predates Christ by many thousands of years, and the Hindus of today’s India believe the existence and usage of Vimana to be historical fact.

and this is why:

One epic, titled Manusa, gives clear instructions on how to build the craft and the proponents that make them able to fly. Other texts have names such as ‘The secret of making Planes invisible’, ‘The Secret of hearing conversations and other sounds in Enemy Aircraft’ and ‘The secret of making Planes motionless’. There are many other texts about Vimana which are spoken of in the epics, but have not yet been discovered. Many texts speak of ships and planes with nuclear capabilities and a great nuclear war that took place.

I had no idea these records existed... I guess there is just so much in museums and collections awaiting humans to process and translate, no one can hope to hear of a large portion, let alone all of it.....but this rings bells like Big Ben.

S/F and wish I could give more.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Sorry if they are "known hoaxes". I just find the stuff all very interesting. If anyone has any other mysteries that are cool. Feel free to post them. Until disclosure, we will not know for sure if hoaxes are fake or real. Until then i remain open minded.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
In regards to the "Urals map"
has anyone contacted Bashkir State University ?

If so what is their response?

Does anyone know Russian around here?
If you do could you please contact them?

I will contact them myself but I suppose someone speaking Russian could have better response.

The key questions are:
Was such a stone found ?
What was the official explanation for it?
When was the tests run on it? and results of said tests?
If the tests were run a long time ago, could the tests be rerun with modern tech?
The current location of the stone?
any high resolution images of the stone?

Please reformat the questions and add to them as you see fit.

I say we go to the horses mouth for this one.

edit on 12/19/2011 by kaleshchand because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

O.O
I wish i could investigate more. But i just like to read some stories that can real or fake :3 but if someone does infestigate i would love to see the results

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Use a bit of common sense. Do you really think someone made a relief map of the Urals as they look today and then used a time machine to take it back millions of years, in the hope that it would then be rediscovered today? Remember, even 40,000 years ago the Urals would have looked very different as the last Glacial would have greatly altered the size and shape of both hills and valleys.

Or maybe it's a hoax?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

The Piri Re'is map is real and suggests that the Portugeuse may have visited South America, possibly even discovering the entrance to the Staits of Magellan, a few years earlier than previously thought!
Other than that, it's just a not very accurate, old map.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Nobody has said anything about the computer :O
I think its a mac

new topics

top topics

join